-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  People Who Are, or Were, Cool. And When. And Why.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: People Who Are, or Were, Cool. And When. And Why.  (Read 14252 times)
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2015, 08:09:51 AM »

What would be the definition of 'cool'?
Anything below 16 celsius or 61 fahrenheit.

Then I guess Freedie Mercury wouldn't qualify in either case. Because of that Don't Stop Me Now lyric, getit.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2015, 08:37:25 PM »

Whatever floats your boat, dude. Post your list.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2015, 03:53:29 AM »

Whatever floats your boat, dude. Post your list.

Wow, your attitude is pretty cool. It's like you don't even care.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2015, 04:01:40 AM »

Honestly though, I think there's many kinds of "cool". I associate it mainly with self-confidence and being comfortable in your own skin. Once you have that, you can be nerdy and still be cool, intellectual cool, jocky cool, outcast cool, crazy cool, shy cool and so on.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2015, 04:21:23 AM »

Quote from: Ovi
I associate it mainly with self-confidence and being comfortable in your own skin. Once you have that, you can be nerdy and still be cool, intellectual cool, jocky cool, outcast cool, crazy cool, shy cool and so on.
Cool.

Edit: mental note to self never interact with Ovi on the board or I'll likely fall asleep. It's even worse in the Sandbox. Imagine Mari - orig. Ms. Sandman. Ha! Tongue
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:47:05 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2015, 05:12:10 AM »

Wow, your attitude is pretty cool.
Thanks, I try. 3D Can't return the compliment. you are after all... Ovidiu Boar (bore).

Edit: send my regards to crooked teeth Romanians! Hello
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 09:44:02 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

bluesno1fann
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2015, 01:59:50 PM »

Lennon. Robert Mitchum. Jim Morrison. Lou Reed. Dylan. Keith Richards. Almost all have the "foda you" attitude.

Keith Richards is all-right, but in terms of coolness he's no Brian Jones. During his heyday Jones was the definition of cool, both musically and otherwise.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #32 on: February 28, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »

Brian Jones should have got a non-dutch boy haircut.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2015, 02:39:31 PM »

Brian Jones should have got a non-dutch boy haircut.

Should keep in mind that his hairstyle was popular back in those days. He wasn't the only big name who had it either. Keith Relf, Michael Clarke (The Byrds)....
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2015, 09:42:31 PM »

I like Brian Jones, his story was quite fascinating. But I absolutely loathe the hippie 'prince charming" dressing style, 'tis awful & it didn't make him look cool in the least bit. he looked more like hilarious shortie pseudo-dandy. Air Quotes

What other cool people you can name, Rei?

bluesno1fann
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2015, 10:29:07 PM »

I like Brian Jones, his story was quite fascinating. But I absolutely loathe the hippie 'prince charming" dressing style, 'tis awful & it didn't make him look cool in the least bit. he looked more like hilarious shortie pseudo-dandy. Air Quotes

What other cool people you can name, Rei?

His hippie dressing style was influential for the time, but agreed it hasn't exactly aged well.

I suppose another one that comes to mind is Syd Barrett in his prime. Bill Wyman's stage presence (not so much his personal life) was pretty damn cool as well, though I can understand if some found it boring.

And then of course there's Dennis Wilson...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 10:30:24 PM by BAmBU Dennis » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2015, 11:24:57 PM »

Well, then I must bring up Al Jardine. 3D And Peter Lorre.

What about cool girls? Mine are:
Nico (love her voice AND accent. I need to somehow get voice like that w/o developing bad habits)
Angie
Zooey
Susan Boyle (those who saw her audition know what I mean. The lady has no complexes)
Peppilotta (aka the strongest girl in the world)
& Russian
Alisa (Alice) Kozhikina (watch this clip: Covering "Sunny" on the kids' edition of "Voice")

Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2015, 01:42:44 AM »

Edit: mental note to self never interact with Ovi on the board or I'll likely fall asleep. It's even worse in the Sandbox. Imagine Mari - orig. Ms. Sandman. Ha! Tongue

Thanks, I try. 3D Can't return the compliment. you are after all... Ovidiu Boar (bore).

What. the. heck. I just thought shifting the thread a bit to discuss what actually "cool" means would make a more interesting discussion then everybody just submitting lists of names. It's fine if you don't want to engage in that direction, but don't start mocking me and posting provocative comments. You don't get the right to do that, especially since everybody on the forum makes fun of you all the time and you don't even realize it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 01:45:51 AM by Ovi » Logged
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2015, 05:45:50 PM »

They aren't 'provocative', I added them after the fact, if you see the date of edit, which ain't difficult. It's fine if you want to go in that direction, but you could do that *along* with submitting your list of cool people. I's really interested to know it. I'm very much interested in anyone's opinion, I like to compare them with mine, coz it's fun.

everybody on the forum makes fun of you all the time and you don't even realize it.
What is the definition of 'everybody'? Tongue And they are nothing anyway, if I already have cred in runners. I'm friends with possibly the coolest folk on the board! 3D Get it? police

Edit: no offense, 'everybody', was jus' kidding. You aren't nothing, you are... Sth.! Cheesy
No really, I like you all, even if you mock me 'all the time', wherever it is, I've not noticed. Tho I think Ovi underestimates my sense of humor or what it's called, I *would* notice even subtle mockery, but I didn't so... 3D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2015, 05:56:08 PM by RangeRoverA1 » Logged

Capitol Punishment
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2015, 06:05:12 PM »

Jim Morrison (You can't say Mr. Mojo Risin wasn't awesome especially if you've heard Celebration of the Lizard)
Charlie Sheen (Before his Tiger Blood rant)
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Dave Grohl
Brian Wilson

"I like food" -Brian Wilson
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2015, 03:09:57 AM »

They aren't 'provocative'

This doesn't look provocative to you in any way? And I didn't even comment on you posting my full name which I find obnoxious.

It's fine if you want to go in that direction, but you could do that *along* with submitting your list of cool people. I's really interested to know it. I'm very much interested in anyone's opinion, I like to compare them with mine, coz it's fun.

I'm not interested in posting a list, get over it and stop bothering me. Pick another member to insult because he didn't post a fucking list for you to compare and get off on it.
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2015, 10:53:03 PM »

Your full name is posted in your blog under the line. Those having eyes can check it anytime. On your 1st bit - no, it doesn't. As I said, I added those comments later, when no one was checking this thread. but then other folks came to chime in, so then you saw the edits.

Afaik, calling someone 'bore' isn't bad, I often call so my friends; they don't mind it. People say worse things on the Internet. Get over.

Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 07:03:23 AM »

Your full name is posted in your blog under the line. Those having eyes can check it anytime.

It's there for the people who read my blog and are interested in knowing about the person behind it, not for you to throw it around. Oh, whatever, this is too silly and a waste of time for the other people to read. You go your way, but maybe someday you'll realize that your style and attitude on this board are not as interesting and "cute" as you think. Sorry for derailing the thread, I won't do it anymore.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #43 on: March 05, 2015, 05:02:46 PM »

Well, then I must bring up Al Jardine. 3D And Peter Lorre.

What about cool girls? Mine are:
Nico (love her voice AND accent. I need to somehow get voice like that w/o developing bad habits)
Angie
Zooey
Susan Boyle (those who saw her audition know what I mean. The lady has no complexes)
Peppilotta (aka the strongest girl in the world)
& Russian
Alisa (Alice) Kozhikina (watch this clip: Covering "Sunny" on the kids' edition of "Voice")

Once that definitely comes to mind is Grace Slick. Not sure who else I can think of for now...
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2015, 08:07:04 PM »

Once that definitely comes to mind is Grace Slick.
To each their own. I don't like her shamanistic ritual howlings & 'hiccups' - and that is mildly speaking. I know, this is about being 'cool' in general, not just best singer, however, this is what she's been known to be cool at.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: