gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:03:12 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: my stuff update  (Read 3659 times)
injasonbow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:35:26 PM »

hey smileshoppers... unfortunately i have little internet access so i dont get a chance to pop by here anymore but it's been great catching up on all the goings on.. i sure do miss popping by and reading your posts... i'm currently in Konk studios (kinks studio) with craig silvey (magic numbers/coral) doing a few tracks for island records which i'd love for you to hear if they allow me to stream it off somewhere at some point. also going to cardiff next week to work with charlie francis (producer/engineer on Gideon Gaye and Hawaii by High Llamas) to record my string and horn arrangements. but everythings going well.. i'm still unsigned and havent signed a publishing deal yet  so i'm comfortably resisting any record company corruption! but should hopefully get something workable in the coming months.. anyways hope everythings good and i'll try get back into the smileshop rhythm

cheers
injasonbow
www.myspace.com/paulsteel
x

p.s. i've really missed aeijtzche's technical posts.. really cleared alot of stuff up for me!
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2006, 07:25:52 PM »

Yo good stuff dude, keep it up.  Make sure you keep your publishing!
brother john
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 03:30:50 PM »

I look forward to hearing your new stuff Paul, thanks for keeping us informed. Good luck with everything!

BJ

Religion is a privilege, not a right.
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:04:00 AM »

Awesome.  You have to tell me your secret to success.  If you ever find yourself recording in LA, I'd love play on something or help you out, you know, if you want to record in a studio the Beach Boys recorded in or something...
injasonbow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 02:34:03 PM »

hey... nelson bragg managed to sort me out with a show in LA when i come over in august.. it's for the International Pop Overthrow festival.. and it's on August 2nd at Safari Sams on Sunset... would be great to meet some of you on my first gig ouside of the UK!... i mean sh*t... i havent even played in Huddersfield yet!
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 08:19:29 AM »

Wonderful, as always. I've been an admirer of your music for a long time. "I will make you disappear" sounds like a re-mix from the version of yours I remember from several months back. I like the newer mix a lot. Very nice chords and harmonies with a lot of spirit to the songs....PMcC

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
injasonbow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 01:24:33 PM »

thankyou sir! i demoing a kinda symphonic pop mini album at the moment... i'll try post it up if i can find somewhere to host it.. it's basically a track that's about 25 minutes long made up of 10 basic songs... quite pretentious but i must indulge myself!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx