gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:47:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beatles-"Get Back-Winter of Discontent" DVD Bootleg Review  (Read 3872 times)
Cal
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2006, 11:48:05 AM »

I know this has been quasi reviewed when it came out (on the Beatles boards and emails lists but I don't think here?), but would like to add my two cents to this great new release!

Recently, finally got thru the Picture Perfect DVD "Get Back-Winter Of Discontent" DVD after only being able to view portions at a time. In general, I thought the sync jobs on the stereo album were near perfect. Not 100% but well enough not to annoy me. The b&w footage didn't look so bad, as they usually do when sourced from multi generation video sources. At least syncing up with the nagra's on this part made me understand the dialogue/situations better. Without the visual sometimes you wonder just excatly what they're saying and why those momemts are so funny to them. Facial expressions sometimes say more than just the dialogue. Seeing John having a good time on most of this footage is a bit revalatory. Seems he did have more of a good time once they hit the Apple basement studios with Preston in attendance. "Let It Be" is more depressing than watching these outtakes! The visual quality is a bit better than I've been lead to believe overall. The only negative part is the mostly John and Yoko footage section which is mostly dispensable. This DVD is a nice companion to your bootleg "Let It Be" DVDs-- and especially because of the well done the stereo album (audio and visual quality mostly uniform and excellent!). This part in itself makes this DVD preferable to watching even "Let It Be" in its entirely! Nice to see the internet "Two Of Us" promo included, as well as the "Let It Be Naked"  promos. Some stuff is missing to make this an "ultimate complete package" but it's well thought out and packaged professionally making this one of the top notch DVD bootlegs to go around and worthy of everyone's collection. If you're not a "Let It Be" film outtakes collector this makes it interesting and one you'll need to have! The bonus footage of "Some Other Guy" from the Cavern is nice as I've never seen the original footage for the song as well as having all the raw footage taken and some used for insert shots is really unexpected and nice to have. I can't wait for future product from Picture Perfect!

Regards,
Cal
Smiley
Cal
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:06:40 PM »

For some reason I left out that it's a 2 disc set!

Regards once again,
Cal
Smiley
peerke
Smiley Smile Associate

Pom-pi-dom-pi-dom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 10:51:08 PM »

Thanks Beatle Bop, for your review.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx