gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:03:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Stamos: Love Him or Hate Him?  (Read 31747 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2009, 01:13:00 AM »

There's only two things I don't like about John Stamos, the way he sings the low part on "Summertime Blues", and the way everyone freaks out whenever he's on stage with the Beach Boys, as if he's the star of the show. He is at best the fourth best thing there, 1) the music, 2) Mike, 3) Bruce

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2009, 01:56:40 AM »

If Stamos showed up to any one of our crib's and asked for a beer, I'm sure we'd all oblige.... Stamos rules. He loved Dennis and his music. He's alright in my book.
Outie 315
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2009, 04:01:37 AM »

The kids dig Stamos!:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=9768958
A Million Units In Jan!
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2009, 04:23:30 AM »

However, are we looking at it all wrong? When Stamos first joined, he was hot stuff because of Full House. If you were the BB's at that time, trying to be hip and cool, why wouldn't you want someone like John Stamos playing with you and taking an interest in your music? Hell, I don't like John Stamos all that much, but all he did was play music with a band that he loved-who wouldn't do that? If anything, the BB's took advantage of Stamos, trying to use his star power to their advantage.

I can't believe I just typed that last sentence.  Shocked
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2009, 06:27:08 AM »

What's your beef with AL Jardine? OK, he's  not the greatest songwriter in the world, but as a singer, he's easily the most underrated member.

Too short.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Wilsonista
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2009, 08:55:57 AM »

What's your beef with AL Jardine? OK, he's  not the greatest songwriter in the world, but as a singer, he's easily the most underrated member.

Too short.

Oh. I guess you want to beat up Davy Jones, Paul Simon and Prince too?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 09:10:36 AM »

Too short.

Yeah, sure, what the hell. And Too Short, too, for that matter. And Billy Barty. And Tom Cruise. And in case you haven't figured it out, I have no beef with Al Jardine, dull and slippery oldies remakes aside. I actually like most of his early 70s stuff, as well as his voice.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

Shane
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2009, 09:57:12 AM »

My opinion on Stamos?  Let me set this up. 

I'm 30 years old, and a huge Beach Boys fan.  My best friend is 31 and is not a huge Beach Boys fan.  A month ago, we went to a CD store, where I was shocked to find a copy of SIP in the used bin.  I bought it, and put it on in the car on the way home.  I had never heard the album before.

I knew I was testing the bounds of friendship while subjecting my friend not only to my Beach Boys obsession, but to one of the worst albums they made. 

The song "Forever" came up on the CD player.  My friend immediately said, "HEY!  I remember this!  John Stamos sang this song on Full House.  Good song!"

I figure that anyone who can expose Mr. Joe Average to a song like "Forever" is all right in my book.  Its great to have someone of notoriety in our corner as a fan.

variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2009, 10:11:43 AM »

Too short.

Yeah, sure, what the hell. And Too Short, too, for that matter. And Billy Barty. And Tom Cruise. And in case you haven't figured it out, I have no beef with Al Jardine, dull and slippery oldies remakes aside. I actually like most of his early 70s stuff, as well as his voice.

I like everything about Al Jardine except for his writing, his musical taste, his singing, his height and his teeth.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:13:10 AM by variable2 » Logged
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »

Too short.

I like everything about Al Jardine except for his writing, his musical taste, his singing, his height and his teeth.

You serious? that's insane

He does not resinate with me, my Beach Boys obsession begins in 1964 and ends in 1985.

He came after that so I have no time for him.

By the by, how can John Stamos be the the biggest celebrity BB fan, he's not more popular than Megan Fox  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2009, 10:39:14 AM »

John Stamos is a BB fan who got the chance to sing on a BB album and perform with them on stage - and he took that chance. Can't really blame him, right? I sure would've done the same thing...
The infamous Baldwin Organ
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

I think John Stamos does a great job, and having him involved adds plenty for younger people in the audience. Don't underestimate his popularity with people who aren't hard-core fans.

I saw him sing another song besides Forever, I think 'Good Timin', and he had a great voice for it. As long as he's still willing to do it, they should keep him.
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

Too short.

You serious?

nope
SG7
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2009, 11:14:31 AM »

He's okay. The made for TV thing he did though kind of sucked.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2009, 11:23:02 AM »

However, are we looking at it all wrong? When Stamos first joined, he was hot stuff because of Full House. If you were the BB's at that time, trying to be hip and cool, why wouldn't you want someone like John Stamos playing with you and taking an interest in your music?
Stamos had a connection with the Beach Boys before he was in Full House, so this theory doesn't work.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »

However, are we looking at it all wrong? When Stamos first joined, he was hot stuff because of Full House. If you were the BB's at that time, trying to be hip and cool, why wouldn't you want someone like John Stamos playing with you and taking an interest in your music?
Stamos had a connection with the Beach Boys before he was in Full House, so this theory doesn't work.

A Million Units may have his/her facts wrong, but it doesn't change the point of adding youth and sex appeal for a younger generation.

Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2009, 01:43:30 PM »

I would have to say HATE if I had to choose one. Full House and the 90s BBs was a gigantic cheese fest. I am sure that a lot of people that saw that have accociated the BBs with that and have hated them ever since.

Bingo. Tongue

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
oldsurferdude
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 01:56:06 PM »

does nothing to enhance Beach Boy fandom at all, or add anything. They don't need a B- (at best) celebrity on stage. It just produces more cringe worthy moments. I am sure he's a talented musician and all and his version of Forever is fine, but he serves no purpose in the Beach Boys.
. Smokin
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2009, 02:17:26 PM »

He is good looking, has a full head of hair, great teeth and sings with the band that keeps us here posting and seems to be friends with ex group members. While we as fans speculate on who said what 40 years ago to who, he can ask in person. Face it. We are jealous. We want to be Stamos!

Onstage he is to the girls what the cheerleaders were to the guys. Eye-candy. I wish I could be that no talent bum Stamos!
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009, 03:27:40 PM »

Onstage he is to the girls what the cheerleaders were to the guys.
An annoying cringe-inducing distraction?

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »

Yes!

I am qualified and ready for that gig. While not eye-candy, I fit the no-talent bill fine Grin
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:44:39 PM by TheOther Anonymous » Logged
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2009, 08:14:46 PM »

no talent bum Stamos!

Competent guitarist, drummer, singer and actor? Yeah, no-talent bum. I'm sure you've got him beat.

MBE
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2009, 08:41:18 PM »

does nothing to enhance Beach Boy fandom at all, or add anything. They don't need a B- (at best) celebrity on stage. It just produces more cringe worthy moments. I am sure he's a talented musician and all and his version of Forever is fine, but he serves no purpose in the Beach Boys.

I have to agree. Hey I don't blame him, but he's part of what made the post Dennis Beach Boys dorky.
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2009, 02:44:27 AM »

no talent bum Stamos!

Competent guitarist, drummer, singer and actor? Yeah, no-talent bum. I'm sure you've got him beat.

Tongue firmly in cheek I assure you Luther.
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2009, 03:13:57 AM »

He sang on the Papa Doo Run Run album and that was years before Full House.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx