gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 11:44:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: John Stamos: Love Him or Hate Him?  (Read 32189 times)
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2009, 06:14:58 PM »

I liked that post more than I oughta.

That's what a couple beers will do to someone!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2009, 01:36:26 AM »

Well oh my oh gosh oh gee.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2009, 04:36:45 AM »

That clip reminds me of watching Wayne's World.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2009, 12:36:16 AM »

I have never seen that.  Was that from Full House?  I thought I had seen every episode of that show.
Mahalo
Smiley Smile Associate

..Stand back, Speak normally

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2009, 01:01:57 AM »

Why I love S.S. Message Board.....

a) We can discuss the virtues of John Stamos as a Beach Boy.... Stamos Rules.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 26, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »

I have never seen that.  Was that from Full House?  I thought I had seen every episode of that show.

Yeah that was from Full House.  Uncle Jesse goes to Japan to tour (after having a hit there with his version of "Forever") and ultimately discovers that he doesn't like it and comes back home.

It's utterly sad that I remember that entire episode like I just saw it yesterday.
Pinder's Gone To Kokomo And Back Again
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 26, 2009, 02:23:41 PM »

I've told this story before and someone actually called the Moderators on me!!!!!  Tongue

I met Stamos at some work related party and I told him I was a huge huge, Beach Boys (and Kokomo lovin) fan and he instantly went from friendly celebrity remove to my best friend in the world. We talked Beach Boys for a few minutes and he gave me his card and number and wanted to be "Beach Boys friends" So, the guy's actually the coolest Beach Boys fan I've ever met!!! (In person, that is! No offense Luther! Evil)
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 26, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »

I've told this story before and someone actually called the Moderators on me!!!!!  Tongue

I met Stamos at some work related party and I told him I was a huge huge, Beach Boys (and Kokomo lovin) fan and he instantly went from friendly celebrity remove to my best friend in the world. We talked Beach Boys for a few minutes and he gave me his card and number and wanted to be "Beach Boys friends" So, the guy's actually the coolest Beach Boys fan I've ever met!!! (In person, that is! No offense Luther! Evil)

Wow, that sounds incredibly awesome.  Nice to know that John is really just a Beach Boys geek like the rest of us. 
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:35 PM »

John Stamos is the pimple on the ass of the Beach Boys's career in the 1980's and early 1990's.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2009, 02:42:24 PM »

John Stamos is the pimple on the ass of the Beach Boys's career in the 1980's and early 1990's.

The rosy bright spot that stands out? Agreed.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2009, 07:25:07 PM »

No, the kind that bleeds. The kind that won't go away untill you seek professional help. The kind that scabs over, and turns yellow and green.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2009, 01:39:27 PM »

No, the kind that bleeds. The kind that won't go away untill you seek professional help. The kind that scabs over, and turns yellow and green.

Oh. Gross.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »

Oh. Gross.
LOL

bluesno1fann
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2014, 12:45:23 AM »

Neither. I don't mind him, and I wouldn't mind giving Full House a try.

But I am glad he didn't become a official Beach Boy!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2014, 04:49:17 AM »

This thread is kinda entertaining, but I mostly enjoyed the next fan stories:

My opinion on Stamos?  Let me set this up. 

I'm 30 years old, and a huge Beach Boys fan.  My best friend is 31 and is not a huge Beach Boys fan.  A month ago, we went to a CD store, where I was shocked to find a copy of SIP in the used bin.  I bought it, and put it on in the car on the way home.  I had never heard the album before.

I knew I was testing the bounds of friendship while subjecting my friend not only to my Beach Boys obsession, but to one of the worst albums they made. 

The song "Forever" came up on the CD player.  My friend immediately said, "HEY!  I remember this!  John Stamos sang this song on Full House.  Good song!"

I figure that anyone who can expose Mr. Joe Average to a song like "Forever" is all right in my book.  Its great to have someone of notoriety in our corner as a fan.

I met John Stamos awhile back when I was backstage at one of the Beach Boys shows and he was a really nice guy, he made you feel like you had been his friend forever and he just sat there and talked about a bunch of different things while also eating his dinner at the same time.

I met Stamos at some work-related party and I told him I was a huge huge, Beach Boys (and Kokomo-lovin') fan and he instantly went from friendly celebrity remove to my best friend in the world. We talked Beach Boys for a few minutes and he gave me his card and number and wanted to be "Beach Boys friends". So, the guy's actually the coolest Beach Boys fan I've ever met!!!
Thank you, Shane, Lisa & Erik! I knew that John is kind towards casual people, I respect him for that. However, I strongly dislike his version of "Forever", it's godawful. And frankly, I think he has average looks (not to mention he's old by now).

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
runnersdialzero
Smiley Smile Associate

I WILL NEVER GO TO SCHOOL

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2014, 12:43:15 PM »

I had a dream a few days ago that I was going to get my picture taken with Mike, Bruce and John Stamos before a Beach Boys show (I've never been to a Baech Boys show). Mike and Bruce were decent but kind of (understandably) rushed and short, and I think I did something to piss Mike off. Sorry Mike. Stamos, on the other hand, was super nice and took the time to talk to me about the band. His late 80s mullet was inexplicably intact and I think he was wearing a whit tux. So yeah, in dreams, he was a super nice guy.

Tell me it's okay.
Tell me you still love me.
People make mistakes.
People make mistakes.
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »

He's not a Beach Boy.

Otherwise I have nothing against him playing his kongas or whatever in Mike's band.
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2014, 10:25:01 PM »

I'd say strongly dislike. I've noticed alot of people my age are only associating the Beach Boys with Full House, and because of that not taking them as seriously as they would, say, the Beatles or the Rolling Stones. I loved Full House, especially "Uncle Jesse", and I really loved the BBs. I knew them as two completely separate entities that happened to join forces (which at the time totally blew my apparently easily impressed mind), but I'm guessing many of my peers hadn't been so BB enlightened prior to seeing them on FH and just saw them as some older surfer dudes that sang with "Uncle Jesse" (& had a super cheesy lead singer). This unfortunately seems to be a presumption that has stuck with them. Strike 1 against Stamos Sad When I was younger all I knew about them was that I loved the music rather than stuff about individual members, and I definitely didn't know Forever was a BB song. So when I found out it was Dennis', how great he was, and how amazing the original was (I never liked Stamos' version) and that JS was filling in as drummer occasionally I was royally ticked at him. Strike 2 Angry And honestly, he's just way to friendly with Dr. Love (his words, not mine) for my liking. Strike 3. I'm becoming totally convinced that in real life he wants to be Dennis..........or Elvis Roll Eyes..............or the fat kid from Stand By Me LOL

Couldn't agree with you more  Cheesy. Speaking of which, was Dennis his favorite member or is Mike?  There was so much conflict between the two of them that I don't see, well....is he just neutral to the fact that Denny and Mike became enemies at the end or? and if Dennis had been still alive, would the guys be more reluctant to bring "Forever" back out?

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 23, 2014, 01:58:06 AM »

So yeah, in dreams, he was a super nice guy.
I don't see what's your point there. Does it mean you take it skeptically when folks tell the real meeting stories that John was nice to them? I for one don't think someone would make up this kinda stuff. It'd be absolutely absurd. Also, John is no Mike or Bruce, his ego is smaller.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2017, 05:19:33 AM »

I have always liked John Stamos. While I cannot say that I loved his version of Forever on Summer In Paradise, I did like the 'duet' part with Carl after the solo. When it was on Full House (the first time) I thought it was great. It is unfortunate that Full House became a bit of a stigmata for him. He is a talented musician who can sing and play multiple instruments. I doubt he will ever be a virtuoso with any of them. He can act in campy roles quite well, and I actually enjoyed his portrayal of Dr. Brock Holt in Scream Queens. For the Beach Boys curious, he puts a recognizable face to the band. Leave his past out of it, and he is just fine in the band from time to time. The girls had eye-candy with Dennis and John helped bring that back. It sure ain't Mike or Bruce or Foskett or ...you get my drift. Grin
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2017, 05:26:29 AM »

Filleplage could write novels on Stamos here..... Wink

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #96 on: July 30, 2017, 05:41:07 PM »

I don't think about Stamos.  Never have.  Never will.  I don't have any feelings for him except for maybe disrespect.  Off ya go fan boy and leave Dennis Wilson's legacy alone is about all I can muster other than when he occasionally shows up and fetches in some honeys for Mikey to oogle.  THAT I find just plain CREEPY...and I just wish he'd go away.  He adds NOTHING of value or worth to the performance or to the show.

To me...John Stamos is...generally speaking...a non entity.  A nothing.  Nobody of note.  As for his TV show?  Might have watched the first one once.  Poop.  And the new one?  5 minutes.  OLD  poop.

He's pretty much just a card-board cut-out.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 05:48:43 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 30, 2017, 05:45:05 PM »

Well said Addsome, jingles at 11:00?

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: July 30, 2017, 05:54:43 PM »

The Great Carl Wilson
told me he was 100%
behind the remake of
Forever.

Gary Griffin had a big part
in it too......

Really.  Carl had ever so little to do with the making of that album.  Yes he participated... ... ...a little.  [pretty darned close to unwillingly.   He didn''t PLAY a note.]   Odd that he'd have a such strong opinion about Forever recorded by the 'man of the minute' here.

I don't blame Stamos for it.  I just wish he hadn't.  The guy who encouraged it though?  He's at fault.  It was a a one-haired wart on a BOMB.  Thank goodness for Good Vibrations: 30 Years of the Beach Boys which saved them from the embarrassment of Slumber in Pair of Dice.

Otherwise...Carl was busy at this time trying to extract Brian from the clutches of that Landy clown...so I don't see where he'd have been too terribly interested in 'Forever'.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 07:38:58 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Love Thang
Smiley Smile Associate

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2017, 09:02:26 PM »

I don't hate him. I just wish he wasn't involved with The Lovester's traveling circus carnies.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx