gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 05:31:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are all the 'Smiley Smile.Wild Honey' bosnus tracks on other compliations?  (Read 1207 times)
jsegovia
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2013, 02:37:44 PM »

Hi, folks.  This is my first post.  I'm a life-long BB fan but I really got into the group in the '90s when a good friend played me a bunch of post-surfer and car hits stuff by the group as well as his own personal 'Smile' mixes (some of which I still have and cherish!).  I'm going back and trying to buy a lot of Smile-era stuff and I'd like to get either the 2012 remaster CD of 'Smiley Smile' or the old Smiley Smile/Wild Honey' two-fer.  I'd much rather have the newer remaster with the stereo and mono versions but I don't know if I already have all the two-fer bonus tracks on the 'Good Vibrations' box set and the 'Smile Sessions' set (I have the 5-CD compilation).  Can someone help me out?

And by the way, what's the board attitude on boots - OK to discuss or not OK?

Thanks!

Jesse
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 04:34:34 PM »

Since no one else has stepped in yet - yes, I think that by now all the bonus tracks from the SS/WH CD have appeared elsewhere as well (although maybe not all of them on either the SMiLE Sessions or the GV box set, you might wanna check out the 40th anniversary single release of "Good Vibrations", for example).

Oh, and welcome to the board! Smiley
lee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:11:41 PM »

If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd go with the 2012 remaster. None of the bonus tracks on the twofer are earth shattering. The stereo version of Smiley Smile is fantastic and makes for a great listening experience.

Just go to youtube and listen to the twofer bonus tracks and see if they are anything that you must have.
Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 06:20:04 PM »

If I had to choose between one or the other, I'd go with the 2012 remaster. None of the bonus tracks on the twofer are earth shattering. The stereo version of Smiley Smile is fantastic and makes for a great listening experience.

Just go to youtube and listen to the twofer bonus tracks and see if they are anything that you must have.

I'm pretty sure all the rest is on there, but as far as "Can't Wait Too Long" and "Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring", I don't think those appear elsewhere in those versions. The version of "Can't Wait Too Long" on Smiley Smile/Wild Honey is over five minutes long whereas the version on the 1993 box set is less than four minutes long. And then "Their Hearts Were Full Of Spring", I don't think the 1967 version of that is available anywhere else.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx