gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680869 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 07:40:59 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Breaking Point In Their Career?  (Read 8625 times)
MBE
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2009, 11:14:34 PM »

I know when I saw that back in 1991 that was when I first questioned the Mike Love is the devil crap.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2009, 11:33:57 PM »

Oh yeah, Michael is just a money-hungry jerkoff trading on Brian's fame and stature in rock 'n roll.  Roll Eyes

Phew! Thanks for clearing that up. I was seriously beginning to believe that Mike actually had a heart there for a minute Grin But in all seriousness that interview with Mike was also one of the first times when I questioned Mike love being evil and all that crap.
Jeff
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2009, 05:18:27 PM »

Seems to me the group ended after Adult/Child fell apart and Mike & Al effectively took over.  I'm not a fan of Adult/Child, but at least it was an attempt at creativity.  There was very little of that from 1978 forward.  In fact, IMO almost all of the decent songs starting with MIU were either recorded before '78 (My Diane, Good Timin') or were meant for Denny's solo album (Baby Blue, Love Surround Me).  Many of the rest have, again IMO, a putrid, almost smooth jazz feel to them, as if they were trying to eliminate anything remotely interesting.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx