gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681570 Posts in 27643 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 15, 2024, 05:10:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Request by someone we've come to know here......  (Read 19413 times)
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 17, 2009, 02:59:11 PM »

Hi all!!!

I was asked by Denni to start a new thread and explain to all of you why she had to stop posting for now. She obviously loves her family very much and does not want to hurt them by having someone identify her. Her mom was upset about her doing the research on here, and so, she choses not to post here for awhile.

Please, everyone, respect her wishes.

Thanks!
Donna
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 12:00:27 AM »

Nice. We should stay openminded. Hope she returns.

PS: pranks usually don't last that long.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 02:54:49 AM »

Kind of cool and not impossible.

Just ask Liv Tyler.

Good Luck Denni, whatever your angle. Smiley
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 08:22:57 AM »

Guess that's possible, that thread did his a 100 posts pretty soon, that's a lot of info to absorb  Grin

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 08:46:36 AM »

She's upset that no one here believes her, which in "our" case is very understandable. Apparently, her father's family has never been told about her biological father being Dennis and they don't want the family to find out that dad is not. Did that make sense? Anyway, her mother was upset about her talking about Dennis being her father on the board and doesn't want it getting back to her husband's family. Denni doesn't want to upset the apple cart at home. You can't blame her.

I've always found that it's best to trust someone until they give you reason not to. That's how I'm handling this. Unfortunately, I trusted Bluebird from BW.com enough to lend her $1K last November and she still owes me $700 and it's been 6 months!!!!! I don't like to sound corny people, but do unto others......What if the situation were reversed and Dennis was YOUR dad??? Put yourself in her shoes. If you don't believe her, what have you lost? A few minutes of reading some posts here?           

She's had alot to digest in a short amount of time and some posters can be cruel and very skeptical, but let's give her the benefit of the doubt and give her some space.
What can it hurt?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 11:30:56 AM by DonnaK » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 08:56:46 AM »

Wise words, Donna.

DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 09:01:52 AM »

Thanks Don, just trying to help her.
Glenn Greenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 09:24:06 AM »

She's upset that no one here believes her

My observation was that the vast majority of us here DID believe Denni, and that we treated her very well.  Even those who were skeptical were at least willing to be open-minded.

I hope she comes to realize that, and that she will feel welcome to participate here again.

Glenn
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 09:33:59 AM »

yeah, i didnt think i saw any negative posts

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 09:39:47 AM »

yeah, i didnt think i saw any negative posts

None at all, she must be on the sauce to think that we were anything but helpful

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 10:01:18 AM »

...or moral doubts were raised by our photo caption thread... Embarrassed

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 11:42:43 AM »

She's upset that no one here believes her, which in "our" case is very understandable. Apparently, her father's family has never been told about her biological father being Dennis and they don't want the family to find out that dad is not. Did that make sense? Anyway, her mother was upset about her talking about Dennis being her father on the board and doesn't want it getting back to her husband's family. Denni doesn't want to upset the apple cart at home. You can't blame her.

I've always found that it's best to trust someone until they give you reason not to. That's how I'm handling this. Unfortunately, I trusted Bluebird from BW.com enough to lend her $1K last November and she still owes me $700 and it's been 6 months!!!!! I don't like to sound corny people, but do unto others......What if the situation were reversed and Dennis was YOUR dad??? Put yourself in her shoes. If you don't believe her, what have you lost? A few minutes of reading some posts here?           

She's had alot to digest in a short amount of time and some posters can be cruel and very skeptical, but let's give her the benefit of the doubt and give her some space.
What can it hurt?

Well put, Donna.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 12:29:55 PM »

What can it hurt?

Well put, Donna.

Amen. We did well by Denni (and Dennis) for the most part, IMO. Smiley

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »

I see the the actual thread got removed, did she get banned?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 07:18:25 PM by Wild_Honey-In_Stereo » Logged

Jason
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 06:53:53 PM »

She was not banned as she technically has not broken any board rules. We (mods) decided it best to just remove the temptation from the forum and keep it from getting any more intense. The thread could very well have gone far worse if we left it open longer.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 01:46:27 AM »

She obviously loves her family very much and does not want to hurt them by having someone identify her. Her mom was upset about her doing the research on here, and so, she choses not to post here for awhile.

And I think this is a good reason as well....

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 05:09:14 AM »

She was not banned as she technically has not broken any board rules. We (mods) decided it best to just remove the temptation from the forum and keep it from getting any more intense. The thread could very well have gone far worse if we left it open longer.

I am against this normally but in this case it was probably a good idea in any case.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 05:16:18 AM »

I tend to think more and more that it all was genuine. It was a long series of posts, and there was not the slightest attempt by anyone to make it known that we were fooled (the goal of any prank, of course).

I think in due time she'll be back. Cheers again to DonnaK for being the intermediate.

Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 05:29:28 AM »

I agre on her possible authenticity. Posters like AGD who have archival knowledge were believing her, so I tended to also. Poor lady. What a whammy she must have got here. Her curiosity may bring her back, albeit briefly.
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 07:35:56 AM »

I think in due time she'll be back. Cheers again to DonnaK for being the intermediate.

It's funny...I did one of those stupid quizes on Facebook the other day to see what kind of "personality" I have....turned out to be "The Communicator"....who would've thought.........................  LOL
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 07:40:10 AM by DonnaK » Logged
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 07:37:18 AM »

I tend to think more and more that it all was genuine. It was a long series of posts, and there was not the slightest attempt by anyone to make it known that we were fooled (the goal of any prank, of course).

It's funny...I did one of those stupid quizes on Facebook the other day to see what kind of "personality" I have....turned out to be "The Communicator"....who would've thought.........................  LOL

DonnaK, marry me.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 09:10:23 AM »

DonnaK, marry me.

Shocked

First smiley smile hook up  Grin

carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »

DonnaK, marry me.

I am a photographer, I can take the wedding pics for free!

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2009, 06:01:29 AM »

DonnaK, marry me.

I am a photographer, I can take the wedding pics for free!

Wow! What bothers me, though, is that there's just one small detail to clear up...

lupinofan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 09:54:42 AM »

Wow! What bothers me, though, is that there's just one small detail to clear up...

Your wife?
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx