gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:45:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Getcha Back" falsetto  (Read 33422 times)
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2019, 04:48:41 PM »

More fuel for the fire since this thread started. Claims to be an early mix.

https://youtu.be/xrwCCHY1ibI

For sure Brian sings the falsetto on the released version.

As far as this YouTube post claiming to be "The Beach Boys - Getcha Back (Rare Early Studio Demo)," I don't hear any Beach Boys vocals or Foskett anywhere in this mix. Definitely could be Adrian Baker.

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 23, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »

So maybe I'm wrong, but I'm willing to say this is not a Beach Boys recording at all, but more likely an Adrian Baker recording with additional vocals from one Michael Love.
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2019, 06:49:41 AM »

I love how when they performed this song for the 50th anniversary, literally no one (well except maybe Bruce) was singing the same part they did on the studio recording.  For the live version, Al was singing Brian's lower part, Jeff was singing Brian's higher part, Brian was singing Carl's part and David was singing Mike's part.  Wild!

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2019, 07:14:27 AM »

Good observation - however, Mike sang his original bass part in 2012 as well.

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2019, 09:31:19 AM »

I love how when they performed this song for the 50th anniversary, literally no one (well except maybe Bruce) was singing the same part they did on the studio recording.  For the live version, Al was singing Brian's lower part, Jeff was singing Brian's higher part, Brian was singing Carl's part and David was singing Mike's part.  Wild!

That's an incredibly cool observation.

Is there any other song in the band's catalog that, when played live, as many parts were swapped and sung by other BBs official members live when compared to studio?  (not counting Brian's band or M&B, where the majority of singers are non BBs official members).
chewy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2019, 12:09:37 PM »

Good observation - however, Mike sang his original bass part in 2012 as well.

yea and marks sang the lead right, i saw that!!!
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2019, 06:43:19 PM »

I love how when they performed this song for the 50th anniversary, literally no one (well except maybe Bruce) was singing the same part they did on the studio recording.  For the live version, Al was singing Brian's lower part, Jeff was singing Brian's higher part, Brian was singing Carl's part and David was singing Mike's part.  Wild!

How 'bout Bruce? EDIT: nevermind, I see your remark now about how maybe he stayed true to his part.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 06:45:03 PM by c-man » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx