gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681511 Posts in 27640 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 10, 2024, 10:43:28 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian and Texas  (Read 2504 times)
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2009, 05:01:41 AM »

Does Brian ever come to TX when he tours? His tour lineup for this fall doesn't include any stops in TX (actually there are only like, 10 states for that tour, but still), and after searching, I found no evidence that he's been to Texas in recent years.

He's had a couple bad experiences involving TX, first his nervous breakdown on the way to Houston and then his arrest in Dallas (where I live), so perhaps he associates this place with bad luck...lol. Hopefully not! I hope to see him perform one day, and I'd like to not have to travel out of state to do it.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 08:31:51 AM »

I saw him in 2004 in Houston. I don't think he's been back since. I'm about 99.9% certain he hasn't, as I'd have been there if he had!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 10:14:56 AM »

According to this useful little site - http://www.btinternet.com/~bellagio/britour.html - Brian's done 6 solo gigs in Texas, thus:

7/25/00 - Houston (Pet Sounds tour, no orchestra)
7/26/00 - Dallas
7/27/00 - Austin (no orchestra)

10/23/04 - Houston (BWPS tour)
10/24/04 - Austin
10/25/04 - Dallas

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 05:46:30 PM »

I was at both of the Dallas shows! Somehow he was younger in 2004 then in 2000. But I also must say that Texas has never been a place that mucisians die to come to. Unless they are from here. Especially Dallas.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
Nicole
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 05:53:06 PM »

It seems to be getting busier lately because of the new Cowboys stadium, so maybe that'll draw more people here. Maybe Tongue

Thanks for the info, I guess I didn't search around too well, lol. I also found out he was in Austin at the SXSW festival to talk about SMiLE in March 2005. I hope he'll come back to Dallas eventually, or somewhere in Texas.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 08:14:33 AM »

That's true! I hope you are right! Although, Nokia has really helped as well.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Ganz Allein
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 05:54:29 PM »

According to this useful little site - http://www.btinternet.com/~bellagio/britour.html - Brian's done 6 solo gigs in Texas, thus:

7/25/00 - Houston (Pet Sounds tour, no orchestra)
7/26/00 - Dallas
7/27/00 - Austin (no orchestra)

10/23/04 - Houston (BWPS tour)
10/24/04 - Austin
10/25/04 - Dallas

And that 10/24/04 show in Austin was fantastic.  First time I ever saw Brian live, and I was in the front row!  The BBs hits in the first part was great fun (Brian announced "Marcella" was his favorite song  Huh ), and the performance of BWPS brought tears to my eyes.  The day was especially memorable because we almost didn't make it from San Antonio. There were terrible storms that afternoon, which caused flooding and traffic standstills at various places along IH35.  When we finally got to the Backyard in Austin, the show had just started, and we had to park in a field of deep mud.  Our feet were quite heavy and chunks were flying as we sprinted across the long field to the venue.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 07:59:18 PM »

Well I'm a long, tall Texan, I enforce justice for the law...
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 09:08:05 PM »

Well I'm a long, tall Texan, I enforce justice for the law...

Do you ride a big white horse and wear a 10 gallon hat?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 09:18:25 PM »

It looks like Brian is due to come again in 2008.....oops

I have lived in Texas most of my life but was born in Los Angelos, CA the same week that POB was released (somewhere) in mid August 1977. Also, to note that Elvis and Groucho died that same week. But this is entirely irrelivant.

CarlsDarlin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 01:39:05 PM »

I hope Brian will come to Texas soon.  I've lived in Dallas my whole life. 
Menace Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »

harrumph!!!

"Jeff, you care." --BW
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx