gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 09:02:51 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Whatever happened to Bill House?  (Read 1581 times)
nach0king
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2021, 09:50:01 AM »

Wasn't sure if this should go in the other music forum or not, but given that he wrote the original version of Make It Big and was credited on various KTSA tracks, I figure he has enough of a connection for the main BB forum.

What happened to him? Where is he? I have both of his solo albums and love them, but as far as I can tell he went into production but has now dropped off the face of the earth entirely. I saw a guy on Facebook saying he used to party with him in Hawaii but that was over 30 years ago. Is he completely out of the BB orbit?
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2021, 10:06:04 AM »

Bill House must be one of the most annoyingly difficult names to research and do Google searches on.  LOL

I love me some Make it Big.
nach0king
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2021, 10:18:00 AM »

Bill House must be one of the most annoyingly difficult names to research and do Google searches on.  LOL

I love me some Make it Big.

Absolutely. Even while searching in quotes I keep getting results for Congressional bills. I thought I'd struck gold when I saw on LinkedIn a guy named Bill House who is publisher of a music production magazine... but it is a totally different guy.

He seemed to be part of the Terry Melcher group of guys, worked with Bruce as well of course. But it's as if in the late 80s he just dropped out of the game completely. Certainly Discogs has him actively producing, many songs each year, then bam, it stops in 1986. In fact his last non-re-release production credit is Rock N Roll To The Rescue by the Beach Boys!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 10:19:20 AM by nach0king » Logged
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »

According to the BMI database, he is also known as Billy Harve House. From some googling, there appears to be a 69-year-old of the same name in California.

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
nach0king
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 01:52:41 PM »

According to the BMI database, he is also known as Billy Harve House. From some googling, there appears to be a 69-year-old of the same name in California.

Billy Harv House is how he is credited on the back of the Dancing With A Smile album - which is superb, by the way, and well worth a listen. It has the admittedly-weird original version of You Can Make It Big on it, too.

Glad he's still alive, at least! If he's 69 now that has him born in 1952, which makes him a decade younger than Bruce. That adds up in terms of timeline.
Rob Dean
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 06:27:25 AM »

Billy Harv House is how he is credited on the back of the Dancing With A Smile album - which is superb, by the way, and well worth a listen. It has the admittedly-weird original version of You Can Make It Big on it, too.

Glad he's still alive, at least! If he's 69 now that has him born in 1952, which makes him a decade younger than Bruce. That adds up in terms of timeline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_KbMVS1VqU
You Can Make It Big
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2021, 03:15:07 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_KbMVS1VqU
You Can Make It Big

That's cool, thank you!
I love the Beach Boys' version. But I like the "Still Cruisin'" album on the whole anyway.

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx