gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681026 Posts in 27628 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 16, 2024, 08:05:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breakaway Alternate Mix  (Read 1697 times)
Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

My Favorite Beach Boy ( The Real Surfer)

View Profile
« on: October 21, 2013, 07:55:13 PM »

Is the Lyric's to Breakaway different in the Alternate Mix in Made in California box Set?

I had a fast Life
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 08:37:24 PM »

Compared to what? The released version? Yes.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2013, 01:41:32 PM »

The version on Made in California is the same one that was on the Hawthorne CD.  It's a total remix of the original single with Brian singing the first verse, Carl singing the second verse and Al sings the choruses.  On the original single, it was Carl singing both verses and Al sang the choruses.  As far as lyrics, I don't recall anything different for the main parts, but maybe the backing vocals are a little different.
Freddie French-Pounce
Smiley Smile Associate

A.K.A. mrmoustachioto

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 01:49:04 PM »

The version on Made in California is the same one that was on the Hawthorne CD.  It's a total remix of the original single with Brian singing the first verse, Carl singing the second verse and Al sings the choruses.  On the original single, it was Carl singing both verses and Al sang the choruses.  As far as lyrics, I don't recall anything different for the main parts, but maybe the backing vocals are a little different.

Tag has new lyrics I believe - longer [I believe]

Check out the Mono/Stereo Mix Breakdown podcast Mixology here: https://mixology.podbean.com/
zachrwolfe
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:22 PM »

« Last Edit: December 20, 2018, 08:41:24 PM by zatch » Logged
Watch a Cave
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 02:31:25 PM »

I prefer this mix as well. I think the perfect finishing touch would have been to add a soaring Brian falsetto to the tag.  For me that would have been the perfect ending..then it would have been a million and two song.
Mikie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 02:53:31 PM »

Tag has new lyrics I believe - longer [I believe]

Right. The MIC version is longer with different lyrics than anything released prior.

I, I love the colorful clothes she wears, and she's already working on my brain. I only looked in her eyes, but I picked up something I just can't explain. I, I bet I know what she’s like, and I can feel how right she’d be for me. It’s weird how she comes in so strong, and I wonder what she’s picking up from me. I hope it’s good, good, good, good vibrations, yeah!!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx