gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681290 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 01, 2024, 05:57:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW Biopic comming in 2011?  (Read 6829 times)
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2009, 02:26:04 PM »

just found this on IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0933092/    Shocked

anyone have IMDB Pro to reveal more info? 

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »

I've seen this, looks like it's happening.

Don't have IMDB pro though

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
MBE
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 03:33:16 PM »

Maybe it's just me but I hate biopics.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 04:03:01 PM »

There's been talk about this since the Landy era.

It's not happening.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 05:36:30 PM »

I hope it doesn't happen. We've already had two bad BB biopics, why go for the third strike?

The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 01:11:13 AM »

It's not happening.

I remember British 'Q' magazine stating plans for a biopic in 1988. Jeff Bridges and William Hurt were named as possible leads. I'd think that Bridges would have made for a fine Brian, esp. if he'd switched into 'Lebowski' mode every now and then...

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 05:02:42 AM »

It's not happening.

I remember British 'Q' magazine stating plans for a biopic in 1988. Jeff Bridges and William Hurt were named as possible leads. I'd think that Bridges would have made for a fine Brian, esp. if he'd switched into 'Lebowski' mode every now and then...

that's just like.. your opinion, man.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 05:38:12 AM »

It's not happening.

that's just like.. your opinion, man.

Hey dude... you don't mess with the Don, dude...

buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 05:47:21 AM »

Yeah Bridges would've been perfect. I reckon Seymour Hoffman would make a good Brian personally.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 07:05:37 AM »

I hope it doesn't happen. We've already had two bad BB biopics, why go for the third strike?

Those were made-for-TV type of movies. A big budget movie similar to "I Walk The Line" or "Ray" could be great...
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 08:00:22 AM »

The other films have made Brian look goofy.   The casting and acting of the Brian character was as bad as Nicholas Cage in Peggy Sue Got Married.

Brian needs to be cast as increasingly troubled and quirky....not as a bafoon.  I doubt that I could ever be satisfied with such a movie....as I suspect no one else here will ever be.....its like a bunch of Christians being satisfied with a depiction of Jesus....
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 08:22:17 AM »

I can't remember one single biopic I thoroughly enjoyed myself, though I haven't watched "Control" yet (due to the fact that I'm not one of the bigger fans of Joy Division, to put it mildly).
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 08:39:51 AM »

Brian could, of course, play himself.

(*just a thought...*)

phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 08:46:05 AM »

Yeah, just put a 1966 wig on his head and everything will work out fine.  3D
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 09:05:19 AM »

I can't remember one single biopic I thoroughly enjoyed myself

COAL MINER'S DAUGHTER was pretty good...

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 11:26:36 AM »

The Temptations biopic was pretty good.  And Buddy Holly.  And Loretta Lynn, and Ritchie Valens, and Andy Kaufman and Ray.

Hey, maybe they could cast Jim Carey as Brian.   
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »

LOL....I can picture it now...

"Mike, you are a loo-hoo-hoo-SER"

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Roger Ryan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »

I can't remember one single biopic I thoroughly enjoyed myself, though I haven't watched "Control" yet (due to the fact that I'm not one of the bigger fans of Joy Division, to put it mildly).

CONTROL is one of the best! The trick to doing a great biopic is to not approach it in the standard life story formula, but to find a suitable theme for a person's life and illustrate that theme through a couple of key events. 32 SHORT FILMS ABOUT GLENN GOULD is a great example (although here we're talking about more than a couple of key events). "This happened, then this happened, then that happened..." is seldom interesting and the cliche of trying to find a childhood incident that "explains" everything is especially tiresome. You could blame CITIZEN KANE for this, but the point many viewers miss is that Kane's dying word doesn't begin to explain his life. In fact, if we see KANE as a biopic of William Randolph Hearst, the theme is established by the sign we see at the beginning and end of the film ("No Trespassing") and all the events depicted reinforce this.

The theme of CONTROL is control (or lack thereof) and the film is blissfully free of standard biopic cliches. I'M NOT THERE is another great approach at a biopic in that it takes the theme of Dylan as self-mythologizer to the ultimate extreme of having him actually be portrayed by several different people.

What would be a good theme for a film about Brian? Maybe the desire to find those "feels" among all of the bad vibrations. Given that Brian often appears to be like an autistic savant, perhaps the film could show everything from his (imagined) perspective and not try to depict events in an objective fashion.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:57:25 AM by Roger Ryan » Logged
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »

Like others have said, this has been talked about for 20 years, so I'll believe it when I see it.  Biopics are more often misses than hits, but if they could put together something like Ray or Walk the Line, and cast the right people, it could be quite good.  I think Brian's story is fascinating and very "sellable" to the general movie-going public, so I would love to see it happen if done right.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2009, 02:35:59 PM »

Oh, and he can produce music with his butt!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2009, 10:37:22 AM »

They already put a Brian on the big screen back in '07...played by John C. Reilley. He told Chris Parnell to "learn how to play the fodaing theremin" after being told not to "mess with the recipe"! LOL LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2009, 11:58:19 AM »

Oh, and he can produce music with his butt!

Or his armpit...he can call it "Pit Sounds".

variable2
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2009, 12:59:23 PM »

They already put a Brian on the big screen back in '07...played by John C. Reilley. He told Chris Parnell to "learn how to play the fodaing theremin" after being told not to "mess with the recipe"! LOL LOL LOL

"i want an army of didgeridoos.. 50,000 didgeridoos!!!
Surfer Joe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »

Another substitute bio-film for Brian is "Shine" (1996).  Just edit in "Be My Baby" and change the dad's name to Murry and you've about got it.

"Don't let the posey fool ya."

-Prof. Henry R. Quail-
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2009, 04:37:05 PM »

He never paid for drugs...

NOT ONCE!
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx