-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:03:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Favorite tea?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favorite tea?  (Read 4670 times)
sofonanm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »

“Care for a cup of tea?” It had been a long
time since McKeag had drunk tea and he said, “Don’t mind if I do.”
The Englishman had two china cups and a small porcelain pot. Washing the
cups with steaming water, he took down a square brown tin, opened the top
carefully and placed a small portion of leaves in the pot. To McKeag they bore no
visible difference from the tea leaves his mother had used, but when Haversham
poured him a cup and he took his first sip, an aroma unlike any he had ever known
greeted him. He sniffed it several times, then took a deep taste of the hot tea. It was
better than anything he had previously tasted, better even than whiskey.
What did it taste like? Well, at first is was tarry, as if the person making the tea
had infused by mistake some stray ends of well-tarred rope. But it was penetrating
too, and a wee bit salty, and very rich and lingering. McKeag noticed that its taste
dwelled in the mouth long after that of an ordinary tea. It was a man’s tea, deep
and subtle and blended in some rugged place.
“What is it?” he asked. Haversham pointed to the brown canister, and McKeag
said, “I can’t read.”
Haversham indicated the lettering and the scene of tea-pickers in India.
“Lapsang souchong,” he said. “Best tea in the world.”

What's your favorite tea?

Oolong/Wu Long used to be mine. One cup of Lapsang Souchong blew my mind though - now all other teas seem but child's play to me.

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 03:43:29 PM »

yerba matte

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 08:13:15 PM »

chai

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 02:30:03 PM »

builders brew

All roads lead to Kokomo. Exhaustive research in time travel has conclusively proven that there is no alternate universe WITHOUT Kokomo. It would've happened regardless.
What is this "life" thing you speak of ?

Quote from: Al Jardine
Syncopate it? In front of all these people?!
sofonanm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 04:03:04 PM »

I bought some new Lapsang Souchong recently.

Taylors of Harrogate brand. I like it. Different emphasis on the flavor - less smoky, more of the rich taste. Twinings is more smoky, less of the rich taste. It's like the difference between cigarettes with all the additives in them and additive free cigarettes (Twinings would be the cigs with the chemical additives - Taylors would be the straight tobacco).
Fall Breaks
Smiley Smile Associate

How it really got to my soul

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »

I bought some new Lapsang Souchong recently.

Taylors of Harrogate brand. I like it. Different emphasis on the flavor - less smoky, more of the rich taste. Twinings is more smoky, less of the rich taste. It's like the difference between cigarettes with all the additives in them and additive free cigarettes (Twinings would be the cigs with the chemical additives - Taylors would be the straight tobacco).
Ah, good old Lapsang. I went in to a tea store once before Christmas '07 to get some interesting tea for my brother. I asked with a straight face the girl behind the counter for a tea that "would leave deep traces in the soul". She smiled and at once got the can (jar? container?) of Lapsang. Unfortunately, I was already very familiar with that and was disappointed that there wasn't anything stronger...

"I think people should write better melodies and sing a little sweeter, and knock off that stupid rap crap, y’know? Rap is really ridiculous" -- Brian Wilson, 2010
Mike
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 06:33:16 AM »

Twinings Irish Breakfast
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 06:50:21 AM »

Authentic South African Rooibos tea.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
SG7
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2009, 09:18:42 AM »

Oolong is my favorite by far!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2009, 10:52:54 AM »

"T" LOL LOL LOL

« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:54:08 AM by Alex » Logged

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: