gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680819 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 01:05:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hello all, my project!  (Read 4632 times)
SurferSteve
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« on: May 10, 2009, 03:29:34 AM »

Hi all

A found this website while searching for Beach Boys on Word Press - I think and hope it (you) will be the answer to the many questions I will have along the way! Basically, I have always liked The Beach Boys but really only listened to their hits on 'Best of' albums. So, I have decided that I want to listen to more of their work and have thus started what I have dubbed 'The Beach Boys Discography Project'. Rather predicatbly, this entails me buying and listening to all the Beach Boys albums (and solo albums later) in chronological order. I am writing my thoughts in a blog as I go but there are only 2 posts so far and there isn't much to read! So, that's what brought me here, now about me..

I'm 34 years old, married and with a little boy who had his first birthday this Wednesday just gone. I live in Hitchin, Hertfordshire in England and work as an sCommerce Manager. I have a varied music taste with a bias towards 80s hair rock (Bon Jovi, Poison, Aerosmith, Whitesnake, Guns 'N Roses etc.) and have been trying to learn the guitar for a couple of years. Outside of music my main interests are Formula 1, (Comic) Books and Disney.

That's all for now, I'll back to pick your collective brains very soon Smiley

Steve

Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2009, 07:53:13 AM »

Ahh a fellow Disney fan! There is plenty of information on this board as it is, for your project you should look at the Album review/discussions board. We have also posted a Vocal credits post in the main forum that may help answer some of your questions. Good luck!

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
SloopJohnB
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2009, 11:45:36 AM »

Nice to know that there's at least another F1 fan on the board now - welcome!  Cool

I don't know where, but their music sends me there
Pleasure Island!!!!!!! and a slice of cheese pizza.
SurferSteve
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm 4 albums into my project and so far I'm loving it - the progression is obvious, as is the self-indulgence of some of the tracks!

Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:40:44 PM »

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm 4 albums into my project and so far I'm loving it - the progression is obvious, as is the self-indulgence of some of the tracks!

Self-indulgence? If you're talking about the insrumental tracks or "comedy" tracks, those were just meant to be filler.

Once you hit Smiley Smile, the "progression" will take a sharp left turn!  LOL LOL Smokin Cool Guy

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx