gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:43:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson fan (ME) has just joined this forum  (Read 5297 times)
Sweet Insanity
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« on: May 09, 2009, 12:30:32 AM »

Hello everyone!!!

My name is Jake. I'm 22 years old. I live in New Hampshire. I have a girlfriend, Jessica, and a son, Gavyn. Gavyn was born on November 30th, 2007. Jessica and Gavyn are Beach Boys and Brian Wilson fans. Gavyn smiles and laughs, even if he's crying, when he hears the intro to Rainbow Eyes, it doesn't matter if it's the GIOMH or Sweet Insanity version. He just loves that song so much.

How did I become a Beach Boys & Brian Wilson fan? It all happened in 2006....

Jessica moved to New Hampshire in late 2005. She practically moved in with me on May 12th, 2006 (so, our 3 year anniversary is coming up). Well, she lived in California for 9 years before moving to New Hampshire. Her mom is a Beach Boys fan and at her job, the Beach Boys music plays while the caller is on hold. Anyway, Jessica left behind her entire album collection including her Beach Boys albums. I knew who The Beach Boys were and I've heard of Brian Wilson being a bit "insane"... but I only basically knew the big hits, you know? Well I didn't know who was who, but one day Jessica bought the Sounds Of Summer compilation album and told me she's a fan of The Beach Boys. I decided to listen to it, and the sound I loved most was of Brian's falsetto on 'Getcha Back'... I became so obsessed that I told Jessica that I'd of liked that song even if there were no lead vocals by Mike Love. I played that album over and over and over again, especially Getcha Back.

A month later, Jessica goes out and buy's "Brian Wilson Present's SMiLE"..... I thought it was a work of genious, very odd musically, all sophisticated, yet catchy at the same time... and that's hard to come by. So I went and did research on the net about The Beach Boys, and of course Brian interested me the most, as at the time, I had just had a mental breakdown earlier in the year, and I read Brian had a few, and had anxiety and depression problems as well, so I thought he was very interesting. I went on Youtube and watched the music video of 'Love And Mercy' and I loved it so much, I bought a promo single of it on eBay. I played the song over and over. (I also bought the single to Getcha Back at the same time). But it was Love And Mercy that I'd wake up and play, all day long. Always in my head, that song. Then I bought all of Brian's solo albums (except the live ones). And I bought more singles... and a lot of Beach Boys albums. Then I managed to get ahold of 'Sweet Insanity' and a ton of other unreleased stuff. I play Brian Wilson songs more than The Beach Boys songs, as I'm a fan of him more. After my parents realized I'm a fan of The Beach Boys, my Dad told me he attended a Beach Boys concert in the 70s, in Massachusetts. I haven't a clue if Brian was there, but I somehow doubt it.  I am obsessed with Brian Wilson, and The Beach Boys. My favorite vocalist is Freddie Mercury of Queen, BUT, Brian is more interesting. There's a lot of things in his life when he was younger that I can relate to.

I also play piano and sing and hope to some day, do it full time. I also have anxiety problems. Back in early '06, I had a mental breakdown and I, ended up in bed for months. I'd be fine for a week, then be depressed and withdrawn for three weeks. Jessica had just started dating me a few months after all this happened and when she first saw me withdrawn and never wanting to leave my bedroom, she didn't know what to do. I was scared to the point that I'd only go places at night, and I'd refuse to go anywhere if there were many people. Basically we only went swimming or to the WalMart or the music store to get CDs. I'd piss in cups, because I was too nervous to leave the bed. I'd get day-long panic attacks that I couldn't get rid of. I'd pace back and forth in the house when I was out of my bed, and if I was out of the house, I'd pace back and forth on the lawn. Lots of vertigo and dizziness, uncontrollable shaking as I was so nervous and I couldn't even really sit down, but as soon as I laid down in a dark place, I'd be fine. In about June, I put up a tent outside and stayed in that until late August/early September. I didn't eat much, I weighed like 220 lbs (I'm only 5'8") and from like June thru September, and when I went to the doctors in late August/early Sept, I weighed about 140, due to all of that. I went to the doctors as my whole family was going to Vermont for a weekend, to a fair, and Jessica said she was going whether I go or not and she said I need help. Everyone said I needed help. I knew I had anxiety, as I'd been on meds for it before, but that year it was far worse since I had that nervous breakdown in February. So, Jessica brings me to the doctors and they fix me right up. Ativan, my friends. It got me out of the house and gave me a high I will never forget.

Now, as time has gone by, my panic attacks rarely happen, and if one starts to happen, within 10 seconds I can basically get it to stop. I'm on three different medications for my problems and I have severe anxiety, panic disorder, ADHD, OCD, and depression. I'm glad things are a lot better. You guys all notice a change in Brian Wilson's social behavior after 1983, and I tell you, it's not as rare as you think. I'm a lot different than I used to be. While I'm no longer depressed as much, I'm not going to jump for joy. It's technically being drugged up, I guess. Ativan is a tranquilizer, so you can see how that goes. I'm fully able to drive and function, and I do landscaping for a job (own my own business and equipment), but you know, my sense of humor is very different now and I'm not as outgoing as I used to be. Medications can actually make you kind of lazy, socially speaking. I can go anywhere I like now, without getting a panic attack and retreating. And I do go places. But one thing you must remember is that, I'm just content.

I don't have many friends as I'm not afraid to say the truth, and can be a cold person sometimes when it comes to that. I actually lost a lot of friends after going to the doctors in '06, due to my rapid change of behavior. I'm not the same insane and out-going Jacob Britt anymore. Nope, totally different, and plus I have a girlfriend and son, and my old friends are still figuring their lives out.

Well I guess I have said too much. I'm happy to join this forum, and I was on I think the official Beach Boys forum, but they were too boring to me and didn't really discuss anything personal on The Beach Boys, and it was endless praise... I like a little arguing here and there. So I'm here. I hope you don't mind!

- Jake Britt

PS - if you'd like to contact me, you can either go to...

My Myspace
http://myspace.com/jacobbritt

My Blog (in which I discuss everything, including a music section for music I like, and I review songs, and a personal section about my life, and photos, etc)
http://www.blogger.com/profile/03864760119870761597

If you'd like to e-mail me... my e-mail is jakebritt01@queenzone.com OR nightboy@comcast.net
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 12:33:40 AM by Sweet Insanity » Logged
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2009, 03:36:57 AM »

Hello Jake, welcome on this board and thanks for your openhearted introduction. I hope you'll enjoy hanging around here.

And, nope, we don't mind an argument now and then...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Sweet Insanity
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2009, 05:25:26 AM »

Hello Jake, welcome on this board and thanks for your openhearted introduction. I hope you'll enjoy hanging around here.

And, nope, we don't mind an argument now and then...

Thanks!  Smiley I've spent on night reading and checking out the photo section. I'll probably spend the rest of my life on this forum now, lol.
SG7
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 01:41:45 PM »

Yes, welcome Jake!!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 12:36:00 PM »

Welcome aboard!

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx