gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:40:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: www.beachboys45.nl  (Read 89684 times)
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: August 25, 2009, 08:20:52 AM »

Glad I'm not a completist.  I have some starline releases in my rather large BB collection but I always treated them as reissues...that is I didn't assign "worth" to them as I did original releases on the old Capitol rainbow LPs or the orange/yellow swirl labels of the 45's.  I did notice the variety of labels. 
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 20, 2009, 12:37:20 PM »

In case anyone wonders: work hasn't stagnated. Behind the curtains work is still in progress and the site is updated regularly, thanks to a few devoted fans that have helped me out tremendously.
Only thing that really has to be worked on is he layout, but that will happen eventually.

And if you're checking the site and think you can add something new to the still expanding collection of Starline 45's (or other re-releases), don't hesitate, and send me a PM! Scans of unknown US-45's are always welcome!

http://www.beachboys45.nl

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 13, 2010, 04:21:22 AM »

Has it really been more than a year since this topic was replied to? Time for an update...

Together with a few dedicated fans and collectors the Starline website has expanded into a lot more than just Starline reissues. Earlier this year we've started to make another section with other US-reissues (Capitol, Brother/Reprise, and a lot of other low-budget releases). And the last couple of months we've started with the regular rleases as well. This section hasn't been finished yet. Thus far "only" Capitol and Brother-Reprise, but if you take a look you'll be surprised how many 45's - and how many variations - have been released! No need to say that even the most fanatic collector has dicovered a large number of Beach Boys 45's he didn't know about. It really is a fun experience. We hope to "finish" the US-section in the next couple of months, but seeing all variations we kinda suspect that a complete US-overview is nearly impossible...

Although the U.S.A. alone gives work for several more months (years) to go), it was decided to add other countries as well. I've started with adding The Netherlands and South Africa (my personal favorites). But there's room for more...

So:
- if you have a US Beach Boys single release or reissue that is not shown yet on the website, or
- if you have a pretty much complete collection of 45's from a certain country and would like to show the Beach Boys collectors world what it looks like,
feel free to send an e-mail, and we'll gladly help you out to make this possible.

But if you're just curious, please give the Beach Boys Starlines website a visit.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 04:51:49 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 20, 2011, 08:05:58 AM »

... and another update.

Work has been progressing on the USA section. We'd like to say that we're near completion, but we know better...  Grin
But we do think that we've covered at about everything we wanted to. There's sections for the regular issues (including, promo's, testpressings, EP,s promotional items, bootlegs, solo, flexi's, produced by, etc), Starline reissues, and other reissues.
Of course from time to time someone will find yet another variation, which will be added. And we do want to show more solo stuff. The David Marks and (especially) Bruce Johnston pages are far from complete. So if you have a large BJ 45-collection (and proud of it), please send us an e-mail.

If you have some spare time on your hands. feel free to take a look at the Beach Boys Starlines website.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 12:38:55 PM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 01, 2012, 08:52:07 AM »

An update...

A lot of work has been done last couple of months to add new countries. Germany, Belgium and - as from today - Canada have pretty much been completed. Well... completed... we probably have most of them 45's covered, but if anyone can help out filling the blank spots, feel free to get in contact with us.

For those who are curious: Beach Boys Starlines.

Next country we'll be working on is the United Kingdom !

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:54:31 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 02, 2012, 06:38:45 AM »

An update...

A lot of work has been done last couple of months to add new countries. Germany, Belgium and - as from today - Canada have pretty much been completed. Well... completed... we probably have most of them 45's covered, but if anyone can help out filling the blank spots, feel free to get in contact with us.

For those who are curious: Beach Boys Starlines.

Next country we'll be working on is the United Kingdom !

As a collector I'm constantly amazed by the depth of the site and the amazing number of releases; many of which are revelations. Makes me wish to have obtained them, and certainly, to have the luck to be here when the site is complete( or 98%)
 Incredible to imagine all of the records shown beiing owned by just a few people
I wish any future collectors good luck in amassing a collection based on this research.

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 02, 2012, 06:11:31 PM »

I wish any future collectors good luck in amassing a collection based on this research.

Thanks, it's a mammoth task  Wink

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 03, 2012, 04:52:54 PM »

Well heckfire!  Just give me top dollar and I'll sell you a bunch of em...

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 01, 2012, 06:12:58 AM »

....aaaaaaaaannnnnd a new update:

Just added:
United Kingdom
Mexico

Next countries we'll be working on are France and Australia!

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 01, 2012, 06:49:55 AM »

Just added:
United Kingdom
Mexico

Really?  I was so hoping to see some more esoteric countries such as Pakistan or USSR( any of the sub-countries would be hip)

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 01, 2012, 10:07:06 AM »

Just added:
United Kingdom
Mexico

Really?  I was so hoping to see some more esoteric countries such as Pakistan or USSR( any of the sub-countries would be hip)

But... but... I thought you already had complete series of 45's of these countries in your collection?

Grin

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 12, 2012, 01:53:04 PM »

New country added: France !!

http://www.beachboys45.nl/France.htm

Next one's Australia...

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 14, 2012, 01:21:00 AM »

New country added: France !!

http://www.beachboys45.nl/France.htm

Next one's Australia...

Paradise found  w00t!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 16, 2012, 05:00:08 AM »

... aaaaand the Australia section is done  !  (well... pretty much)

http://www.beachboys45.nl/Australia.htm

We'll continue with some more obscure countries for a change...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:13:33 AM by SMiLE-Holland » Logged

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 14, 2013, 07:48:27 AM »

Work continues on the Starline website. During the first half of 2013 yet another European country made it's appearance: Greece. Also added is the first Asian country on our website: India. And last but not least a South America section was completed, including Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Columbia, Costa Rica, Peru and Uruguay.
Please have a look at Beach Boys Starlines.

Due to the holidays work temporary stopped in August and September, but we're busy catching up. Several devoted fans/collectors have sent us scans of new variations. Some already added, others like Mexico, Brazil, Rhodesia yet to be included. And during my holiday I got me some new South African variations. Currently we're working on a new country, Italy!  And after that we want to expand the Asia section a bit as well...  Stay tuned !

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »

No... but this is !

Err... I may have slightly misread that post...

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2014, 09:23:00 AM »

Well, the Italy-section was added last year, and in the mean while we've been very busy with an Asian country: JAPAN. We finally finished it... well sort of. As you can see there's a few gaps to fill, especially on the Capitol (and Stateside) pages. We're pretty sure that eacht release can be found on both black and red vinyl, but to find them all is quite a challenge. What you see here is collected from 5 - 6 hard core collectors. So if you happen to have a Japanese BB single or EP, and you can't find it on our website, feel free to share it with us !

Beach Boys Starlines.

Note: and as we speak the first fan had already chimed in: 2 more red vinyl additions are on it's way + couple of promo's !
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 01:03:03 PM by SMiLE Holland » Logged

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2014, 11:53:15 AM »

Well, the Italy-section was added last year, and in the mean while we've been very busy with an Asian country: India. We finally finished it... well sort of. As you can see there's a few gaps to fill, especially on the Capitol (and Stateside) pages. We're pretty sure that eacht release can be found on both black and red vinyl, but to find them all is quite a challenge. What you see here is collected from 5 - 6 hard core collectors. So if you happen to have a Japanese BB single or EP, and you can't find it on our website, feel free to share it with us !

Beach Boys Starlines.

Note: and as we speak the first fan had already chimed in: 2 more red vinyl additions are on it's way + couple of promo's !

India had red vinyls?

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2014, 01:02:40 PM »

Well, the Italy-section was added last year, and in the mean while we've been very busy with an Asian country: India. We finally finished it... well sort of. As you can see there's a few gaps to fill, especially on the Capitol (and Stateside) pages. We're pretty sure that eacht release can be found on both black and red vinyl, but to find them all is quite a challenge. What you see here is collected from 5 - 6 hard core collectors. So if you happen to have a Japanese BB single or EP, and you can't find it on our website, feel free to share it with us !

Beach Boys Starlines.

India had red vinyls?

Yes, they do now.  Grin

Nope, my bad, I meant Japan of course.

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 06, 2014, 09:40:06 AM »

Back to Europe: we have just launched a new section/country: Portugal !

Beach Boys Starlines.

And for those who are interested; next country we will be working on is Sweden.

metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 06, 2014, 03:55:57 PM »

Beach Boys Starlines.

It's looking good, Klaas!

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2014, 02:21:36 AM »

Beach Boys Starlines.

Thanks.

And did I say 'Sweden'? Could be Spain as well. But both are in the making.

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 20, 2014, 07:26:46 PM »

Beach Boys Starlines.

Thanks.

And did I say 'Sweden'? Could be Spain as well. But both are in the making.

Sounds like you guys just can't make up yer mind(s) !! 
How many countries are undocumented on your site?  ( That have known releases) 

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 20, 2014, 11:53:02 PM »

Sounds like we need another fan in the team helping us making smart decisions   Grin

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: May 15, 2016, 06:41:17 AM »

It has been quite a while since we last posted updates here. In fact there wasn't done much work at all these last 8 or so months... but we're back. To get back on track we started with a few obscure countries: Pakistan and Lebanon. And now we've just (and finally) added Sweden and Denmark. Last year we added Spain. So most of Europe is available now. Just a few Euro-countries left - Norway, Yougoslavia, Ireland, and - a bit of a stretch - Poland (if those flexi postcards count as well). We still have to to decide which country is next... and as there's a lot of additions for currently available countries, we'll concentrate on those first.

If you're interested have a look at: Beach Boys Starlines

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx