gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:44:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: www.beachboys45.nl  (Read 89709 times)
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2009, 01:43:30 AM »

OK SMILE CHECKOUT IN MY ROOM  GREEN SWIRL AND RED & WHITE  UNDER GREEN SWIRL STARLINES YOU'LL FIND BOTH OF THEM THERE.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 16, 2009, 01:50:30 AM »

SMILE I CLEANED UP THAT FUN FUN FUN  WITH BLOTCHY MARK ON THE RED & WHITE.  CHECK BOTH THE RED & WHITE STARLINE SERIES AND THE GREEN SWIRL ETC SERIES  IT'S CLEANED UP. AND I WILL CLEAN UP THE GREEN STARLINE SURFIN USA 1963 .  BUT PLEASE USE THOSE I'VE CLEANED UP .
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 16, 2009, 01:51:36 AM »

SMILE I WILL SEND THEN TO YOU DIRECTLY INSTEAD OK.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 16, 2009, 02:59:21 AM »

SMILE I WILL SEND THEN TO YOU DIRECTLY INSTEAD OK.

thanks, that will be the easiest and quickest way.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 16, 2009, 11:08:33 PM »

HEY DOGBONE AND JEFF ETC... I POSTED THE TEN LI GREEN SWIRL WITH KLCH ON MY FACEBOOK YOU'LL SEE IT RIGHT AWAY.  JEFF AS FAR AS THE FUN FUN FUN GOES.   I DID THE SINGLE AND LP RECORDING OF IT AWILE BACK   BUT I REALLY DON'T KNOW WHICH SINGLE I USED. I'LL DO IT AGAIN.  THERE ARE MORE THAN 4 VARIATIONS OF FUN FUN /WHY DO FOOLS. THE WHY DO FOOLS ALSO HAS SANTIAGO ON AND NOT ON THERE.  WITH LOVE NOT  ON AND ON THERE.   I HAVE AT LEAST 5 DIFFERENT VARIATIONS OF THAT SINGLE.  IT ONLY SHOWS  4 ON  FACEBOOK. BUT THERE ARE DIFFERENT COMBOS OF SANTIAGO AND LOVE WITH AND WITHOUT NOT TO MENTION THE DIFFERENT FONT. I HOPE THAT WAS CONFUSING ENOUGH.  I KNOW SEAN DAUBER MENTIONED WOULDN'T IT BE NICE 45 MIKE LOVE  IN THE BEGINNING WAS MISSING SOMETHING(MIDDLE EIGHT NO ECHO)  COMPARED TO THE PET SOUNDS LP. IN FACT THERE ARE KAZILLION VARIATIONS OF WOULDN'T IT BE NICE ON DIFFERENT COMPS. BUT IT STARTED WITH THE YELLOW SWIRL.  ALSO THERE IS THAT FUN FUN FUN ON AN AUSTRALIAN COMP IN STEREO WITH WHAT PETER REUM CALLED CENTRED/CENTERED STEREO. IT WAS TRULY DIFFERENT THAN ANY FUN FUN STEREO I HAD HEARD BEFORE.
I GUESS DOGBONE I'LL HAVE TO ADD THE FLIPS TO THE BLUE STARLINE SURFER GIRL.  I CONCENTRATED ON SURFER GIRL AFTER PETER REUM TOLD ME ABOUT THE BINAURAUL STEREO ON THE BROWN STARLINE. SO  I THOUGHT MAYBE THE BLUE MAY HAVE IT AS WELL.  I'LL HAVE TO CHECK MINE STILL. YIKES I'VE ONLY HAD THEM FOR 20 SOME ODD YRS.
JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: June 17, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »

There´s still a third east coast label variation:

facebook # 74 + # 76

I think you can identify the different mixes by the master number (45-51190, 45-51179) found under the catalogue number 5118.

Actually I believe that Capitol issued master numbers to multitracks for each song as they were recorded (or at least started); the January 1st session at which "Fun, Fun, Fun" and "The Warmth Of The Sun" were tracked were assigned numbers 51179 and 51180 respectively.  The vocals and probably some instrumental overdubs were done at Gold Star on January 8th, at which time it looks like Capitol (probably unintentionally) issued a second master number of 51190 ("Why Do Fools Fall In Love," started the day before and also finished today, was master number 51189).

It seems that Capitol originally issued FFF with this second matrix number before they caught their error and canceled that number.  In fact, the fact that apparently only some East Coast pressings had a label correcting the number to 51179 (and we know that number is correct, because it's on ALL the Starline singles and in the notes for the "Shut Down Vol. 2" album it's listed as the master number for both the LP and single version) is strong evidence that Capitol didn't catch the error for probably a couple of months and that the label variation wth "Brian Wilson" listed as the only writer are the first pressings.

Actually I'd like to know what mix is on each of the five label variations is anyone has them all, and what the full matrix number in the runout grooves is for each variation.  Can anyone help with that?  Even if you only have a few maybe between everyone we can put together the full set of five.

Thanks for any help!

And here are the L.A. label variations to go along with the East Coast ones above:

TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 17, 2009, 11:59:43 PM »

OK JEFF I LISTENED TO ALL MY  FFF ALL THE DIFF. VAR.   AND THEY'RE ALL THE SAME MIX. HOWEVER  THIS IS  HOW IT WORKS
 FUN
FUN FUN
 BW/WDFFIL LYMON SANTIAGO GOLDNER    5 POINTED STAR

FUN
FUN FUN
BW ML / WDFFIL LYMON GOLDNER 

FUN FUN FUN
BW /WDFFIL LYMON GOLDNER  DELTA TRIANGLE  WITH I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TRIANGLE

FUN FUN FUN
BW ML . WDFFIL LYMON GOLDNER

THERE MUST BE A FUN FUN FUN LYMON SANTIAGO  GOLDNER WHICH I THOUGHT I HAD BUT I DON'T.  THERE MUST BE AT LEAST 6 VARIATIONS. I HAVE ONLY 4. I HAVE BOTH MATRIX NUMBERS 51190 AND 51179. THERE'S ONE THAT'S STRANGE.  IT'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE 1  BUT THIS ONE HAS WHAT LOOKS LIKE A INCOMPLETE 3 . I LISTENED TO FFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN  FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS.  I FORGOT TO PLAY MY CANADIAN FFF I'LL TRY THAT TOMORROW.
JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:25 AM »

OK JEFF I LISTENED TO ALL MY  FFF ALL THE DIFF. VAR.   AND THEY'RE ALL THE SAME MIX. HOWEVER  THIS IS  HOW IT WORKS
 FUN
FUN FUN
 BW/WDFFIL LYMON SANTIAGO GOLDNER    5 POINTED STAR

FUN
FUN FUN
BW ML / WDFFIL LYMON GOLDNER 

FUN FUN FUN
BW /WDFFIL LYMON GOLDNER  DELTA TRIANGLE  WITH I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF TRIANGLE

FUN FUN FUN
BW ML . WDFFIL LYMON GOLDNER

THERE MUST BE A FUN FUN FUN LYMON SANTIAGO  GOLDNER WHICH I THOUGHT I HAD BUT I DON'T.  THERE MUST BE AT LEAST 6 VARIATIONS. I HAVE ONLY 4. I HAVE BOTH MATRIX NUMBERS 51190 AND 51179. THERE'S ONE THAT'S STRANGE.  IT'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE 1  BUT THIS ONE HAS WHAT LOOKS LIKE A INCOMPLETE 3 . I LISTENED TO FFF OVER AND OVER AGAIN  FOR THE FIRST TIME IN YEARS.  I FORGOT TO PLAY MY CANADIAN FFF I'LL TRY THAT TOMORROW.

TOKENSURFER, thanks for taking the time to check out the ones you have.  Two questions:

1. When you say you have both master numbers 51179 and 51190 does that mean you have East Coast pressings (FFF on one line), one with the BW credit only with 51190 on the label and the other with the BW/ML credit with 51179 on the label?  As you can see above, Christian pointed out a third variation with the BW/ML credit and 51190 as the master number on the label, which I believe you may not have.

2. You said all the mixes were the same for the ones you have, but which mix is that?  One Mix has the guitar slightly louder than the organ in the solo (and you may also hear the "Three..." of the count-in at the beginning) while the other mix has the organ much louder than the guitar on the solo.  Whichever mix it is, it should match ALL of the Starline singles as well.

Thanks again!
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 18, 2009, 04:13:41 PM »

CHRISTIAN BEFORE I COMMIT SUICIDE I'D LIKE TO KNOW   OF THE EAST COAST FFF BW/ML 51190 DOES WHY DO FOOLS HAVE SANTIAGO OR JUST LYMON GOLDNER  WRITING CREDITS.  I MEAN THERE LOOKS TO BE ANOTHER DOZEN LABEL VARIATIONS ON FFF ALONE.  IT'S NOT THAT MUCH OF A STRETCH.  I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M MISSING THAT MANY.
 JEFF I'LL SEND ALL THE DETAILS OF THE DEAD WAX WITH LABEL  TO YOUR EMAIL.
DOGBONE CHECKOUT SHUTDOWN GREEN SWIRL. I CLEANED IT UP PRETTY GOOD CONSIDERING. IT TOOK BOTH MY PC AND MAC TO DO IT. IT'S AS GOOD AS I CAN GET IT. IT'S ON MY FACEBOOK
Christian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 18, 2009, 10:49:01 PM »

CHRISTIAN BEFORE I COMMIT SUICIDE I'D LIKE TO KNOW OF THE EAST COAST FFF BW/ML 51190 DOES WHY DO FOOLS HAVE SANTIAGO OR JUST LYMON GOLDNER  WRITING CREDITS.

It´s just Lymon-Goldner, same as on the flip of BW/ML, 45-51179:

TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2009, 03:00:32 AM »

THANKS TO YOU GUYS I FOUND THAT FFF WITH 51190 .  I GAVE IT TO MY FRIEND. I GOT IT BACK AND GAVE HIM A NICER COPY.  BUT I ONLY HAVE ONE 51179.   THERE HAS TO BE MORE VARIATIONS ON THAT SERIAL #. THANKS CHRISTIAN.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 24, 2009, 12:30:21 PM »

back to Starline: just made a few changes. Blue-label, both A- and X-prefix are updated, thanks to Dogbone. Plus some additions and improvements by Tokensurfer.

O and then there's the new webhost...  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 24, 2009, 04:20:54 PM »

back to Starline: just made a few changes. Blue-label, both A- and X-prefix are updated, thanks to Dogbone. Plus some additions and improvements by Tokensurfer.

O and then there's the new webhost...  Grin

It's lookin' pretty dam groovy.

Hope others who see the board, who may have something to add, will share it.

Dogbone
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 24, 2009, 11:35:37 PM »

WHERE DO I GO TO CHECK IT OUT THE WEB SITE I DID IT ONCE  BUT I FORGOT. SO WHAT'S  THE ADDRESS WHATEVER YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CALL THAT DAMN THING.   CAN SMILE OR DOGBONE  GIVE ME AN ANSWER IF I NEED TO ADD ANY FLIPS .
JeffRetro
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #189 on: June 25, 2009, 12:02:16 AM »

WHERE DO I GO TO CHECK IT OUT THE WEB SITE I DID IT ONCE  BUT I FORGOT. SO WHAT'S  THE ADDRESS WHATEVER YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO CALL THAT DAMN THING.   CAN SMILE OR DOGBONE  GIVE ME AN ANSWER IF I NEED TO ADD ANY FLIPS .

Look at the bottom of any of SMiLE-Holland's posts; the bottom line of his signature has a direct link to the site.
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 25, 2009, 05:18:04 AM »

TOKENSURFER's Facebook photo album on the orange/yellow swirl labels has examples of 4 different pressings, 2 L.A. (#73 and #75) and 2 Scranton (#74 and #76) pressings, with the difference being the composer credit ("Brian Wilson" vs. "Brian Wilson/Mike Love").

There´s still a third east coast label variation:

facebook # 74 + # 76

I think you can identify the different mixes by the master number (45-51190, 45-51179) found under the catalogue number 5118.

Hi Christian, the German Fun Fun Fun 45 (Capitol K 22679) was released with the two different master numbers as well; did you detect any aural differences?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 05:19:28 AM by dogear » Logged

Watson, did you hear this?
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 25, 2009, 05:30:01 AM »

The Best Of The Beach Boys EP (Little LP's Reissue LLP #189) mentions "The Star Line" on the cover, the label doesn't.

Watson, did you hear this?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 26, 2009, 01:00:13 AM »

Token,

Just in case you missed Jeff's reply: www.beachboys45.nl

TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 26, 2009, 02:13:51 AM »

I GOT IT THANKS. THERE'S A FEW FLIPS I HAVE TO CONTRIBUTE STILL I SEE. I'LL GET ON IT.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »

just updated the site a bit. Just a few minor details. Corrected some typo's, etc.

And a few additions:
- 6094 Surfin' USA/Shut Down: a (probably rare) copy of a tan-C label of 6094 Surfin' USA WITH MONO annotation (picture of B-side will follow soon). And not avocado but tan-coloured. With thanks to Token.
- 6095 Surfin' Safari/409: a copy of the tan-C label, with ARR notation on the A-side, but WITHOUT ARR on the B-side. Thanks to Dogbone who noticed this strange combination on the scans on one of my copies.

TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2009, 11:58:41 PM »

I Have a confession to make .  i wanted Dogbone to lose sleep over all those brown coloured/colored starlines he didn't have. However i wii now announce that any brown or tan from  me are bogus yes i was having a little fun with Dogbone, i mean  i couldn't believe all those starlines he had  and i was green with envy.  So I apologise for any inconvenience or traumatisation i may have caused Dogbone or anyone else. i promise to behave from hereon in.   i hope you guys get over it soon.  most of my 35 copies are olive green or  avocado. i do not have a single brown or tan copy.   i know it was cruel and unusual punishment to  do that to DogbOne.  i am correcting it now.  and all of the flips on the avocado that are missing will be the proper olive green as my buddies and me   called it in the 80's .    i hadn't realised how many of the avocado olive green starlines Dogbone was missing.  Had i known I wouldn't have been so cruel. please forgive me. See I'm even doing it in this awful small font to beg for your forgiveness.  actually i've made a lot of extra work for myself  to make the  colour corrections,  so maybe  that little prank backfired on me after all.   please say something Dogbone. even  if it's to  bark or bite me.  but that gray one  I found was from an ebay auction.  the scan had to be off on that one.   and there were some brown ones from ebay auctions but i believe the scanners are not accurate.  i actually looked at mine  closely in the sunlight  and they are truly olive green.  And  Smile i tried to get a hold of you before you mentioned anything but i was too late.  but i sent Smile all my yellow swirls   and those are all genuine.   I know i'm bad but please don't banish me from the continuum.   
NOW IF THERE ARE TRULY BROWN ONES IN SOMEONE'S COLLECTION THAT WOULD BE GOOD TO KNOW. IT'S STRANGE THAT I DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE BROWN STARLINE.  SO SMILE UNDO MY SURFIN USA PLEASE.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 29, 2009, 12:41:45 AM »

I Have a confession to make . 
However i wii now announce that any brown or tan from  me are bogus yes i was having a little fun with Dogbone,
please forgive me. See I'm even doing it in this awful small font to beg for your forgiveness. 

YOU CHEAT !!  Grin

Guess your were unfortunate that I was about to update the site that soon. Well, you'll have to wait a few more days before I remove/replace those tan/avocado 45's as I don't know when I have the time to update the site....

Guess whe have to respond by using a SMALLER font size from now on.  Roll Eyes  (how about this?)

And  Smile i tried to get a hold of you before you mentioned anything but i was too late.  but i sent Smile all my yellow swirls   and those are all genuine.   I know i'm bad but please don't banish me from the continuum.   
NOW IF THERE ARE TRULY BROWN ONES IN SOMEONE'S COLLECTION THAT WOULD BE GOOD TO KNOW. IT'S STRANGE THAT I DO NOT HAVE A SINGLE BROWN STARLINE.  SO SMILE UNDO MY SURFIN USA PLEASE.

Just one (serious) question on that Surfin USA tan/avocado/brown/whatever 45.
I'm still curious on that one. It clearly mentions MONO on the A-side. Did you paste that one in as well? If not, than I'm "obliged" to leave it in (albeit with a corrected label colour)

TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2009, 01:28:40 AM »

IT'S OK SMILE  I NEVER TOUCHED THE PRINT. JUST THE COLOUR. oops i forgot small font.
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »

most of my 35 copies are olive green or  avocado. i do not have a single brown or tan copy.

So does that put to rest your contention that the Tan/Brown and Avocado/Olive Green Starlines constitute two different labels, rather than just printing variations? Can we all agree that whatever color differences exist among the Tan/Avocado/Olive Green Starlines are simply the result of different printing plants and (I assume) different paper stocks over time? Let's put this to rest if we can.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 30, 2009, 02:09:53 AM »

OH OH WHERE'S DOGBONE. OOPS back to this damn small font.  he may be too traumatised to respond. he may be recuperating in a rubber room after wasting all this time looking for brown starlines.  what a cruel fate i beset on thee.   
 not sp fast beach head. now that you have my full attention in this endeavour.   
YOU HAVE TO CHECK YOUR  STARLINES UNDER SUNLIGHT TO GET TRUE INDICATION OF WHAT COLOUR IS WHAT. AND BECAUSE ARE EYES DON'T SEE THE EXACT SAME SHADE OF OLIVE SOMETIMES IT COULD BE BROWNISH OR GREENISH BUT THE OLIVE IS THE KEY .   PAY ATTENTION SMILE. I HAVE NOW COMPARED EVERY SINGLE ONE UNDER SUNLIGHT. 
SURFER GIRL 6107 TWO OF FOUR ARE OLIVE BROWN
SURFIN SAFARI 6095 ONE IS OLIVE BROWN
MY SURFIN USA FIRST PRESSING IS AVOCADO
THE REST ARE OLIVE GREEN
MY SCANNER IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN OLIVE BROWN AND OLIVE GREEN.  BUT NEEDLESS TO SAY OUT OF 35 STARLINES OF THIS COLOUR  OLIVE GREEN DOMINATES.  SO I HAVE TO NOW USE THE COLOUR/COLOR SCALE TO TWEAK THE COLOR AS CLOSELY AS POSSIBLE TO THAT OLIVE BROWN  AND IT ISN'T GOING TO BE EASY I HAVE TO DO THE SAME FOR THE OLIVE GREEN . FOR SOME REASON MY SCANNER CAN'T QUITE GET IT EXACT. AND PUT THE OLIVE GREEN FLIPS UP THERE SO I KNOW WHICH ONES TO CHANGE SMILE.  I HAVE NOT ALTERED ANY FONT . I'LL SWEAR ON A STACK OF KENNY & CADETS RED & YELLOW VINYL. NOT THAT I CAN FIND A STACK OF 'EM BUT YOU GET THE IDEA.
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx