gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:49:17 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: www.beachboys45.nl  (Read 89685 times)
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 22, 2009, 11:48:50 PM »

I JUST DID IT ON FACE BOOK .  I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU LOOK ME UP ON FACEBOOK . EXCEPT FOR THE RNBW EVERYTHING ELSE IS ON THERE. I'M ABIT FRIED. CHECK MY NAME TOKENSURFER53 OR BEACH BOYS STARLINE REISSUES.
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2009, 02:13:26 PM »

Hello Everyone--

I am going through all of my boxes of Beach Boys' singles, getting all the STARLINE Stuff together.  And I've pulled out a few things. 

Token--Haven't had a chance to take a look at the stuff you've posted.  I do want to let you know, I think I have all the bugs out of my scanner.  I've been messing with it the last two days.  And with this in mind, I will make an attempt to scan ALL the RAINBOWS (A- and B-sides) for you..so you can add them to your display.  But again, it'll take some time..so be patient.  I've been testing it...as I did with these two scans below.

So for now..I wanted to share this one with SMILE HOLLAND--as we were discussing the Canadian issue of Surfin' b/w Luau, and he had mentioned that someone told him the "Canadian is like the South African one"--well..at least on the "Surfin' Safari b/w Luau" issue I on posted last week or so. 

This one's completely different--Check it out:

My copy has the sticker on it

I cleaned it up for anyone who wants to save it.  This is a doctored up version of it:

And the Original B-side as is:

NOTE:  The reference to the "Candix 301" issue.  And of course the "Hite Morgan" Production Credit.

And Token--I've pulled out a lot of my Canadian Starlines--some on Green Swirl, some on Tan...and there's also a lot of different variations.   

Dogbone
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 04:37:00 PM by Dogbone51 » Logged
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 23, 2009, 09:53:05 PM »

I SEE WHAT YOU DID YOU BORROWED IT FROM LUAU TO FIX IT.. SORRY BUT I ALREADY SENT MY MINT LABEL AND VINYL OF SURFIN LONDON  TO SMILE .  I JUST THOUGHT I'D BRAG A LITTLE . I AM CANADIAN  SO I SHOULD HAVE A NICE COPY OF THAT ONE.  BUT YOU GOT ME BEAT ON ON THE RNBW STARLINES. AND THAT GOOD VIBES BROWN ONE. THAT ONE IS THE GEM OF ALL THE STARLINES. I APPRECIATE IT MORE SO  CUZ I'VE BEEN COLLECTING SINCE 68  AND THAT WAS MY FIRST DELETE/USED RECORD STORE I WENT TO IN MONTREAL. I HAD BOUGHT NEW BB SINGLES STARTING WITH GOOD VIBES.  BUT 68 WAS THE FIRST TIME I CONSCIOUSLY SOUGHT OUT USED 45;S AND DELETED LPS OF THE BB.   I HAVE SOME CANADIAN GREEN STARLINES ETC...  BUT OVERALL YOU HAVE  A MORE COMPLETE COLLECTION OF STARLINES THAN I DO. WHICH IS A GOOD THING BECAUSE BETWEEN THE TWO OF US AND JEFF'S KNOWLEDGE OF PRESSING PLANTS AND BEACH HEAD WE CAN GET A COMPLETE PICTURE.  MY FACEBOOK IS TOKENSURFER53 AND CLICK PROFILE  THEN CLICK THE BB STARLINE REISSUES SECTION AND YOU'VE GOT IT.  I HAVE LITTLE SAINT NICK RNBW TWICE PLUS 3 OTHERS.  SURFIN USA  CALIFORNIA  . I'LL HAVE TO CHECK.  I'LL BE PUTTING A KAZILLION OTHER STUFF LIKE PIC LEEVES AND THE DIFFERENT VARIATIONS OF THAT. AND GOOD LUCK WITH THAT SCANNER. I HOPE IT DOES THE JOB.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 23, 2009, 10:07:21 PM »

ONE MORE OBSCURE THING ABOUT STARLINE SLEEVES. I HAVE A WATER DAMAGED GLOSSY PLAIN WHITE SLEEVE. IT CAME WITH WENDY/LITTLE HONDA 6205 OR IS IT 4 CAPITOL DOME. ANYWAY I KNOW IT'S AN ORIGINAL . THE STORE I BOUGHT IT FROM WAS SELLING OLD NEW STOCK NOT USED BUT 45'S THAT STAYED ON THE SHELVES FOR YEARS. AND THERE WERE A BUNCH OF BB STARLINES SITTING THERE. SO THAT GLOSSY WHITE SLEEVE WAS USED FOR A BIT BEFORE THE BLUE STARLINE CAME IN.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:01 PM »

THE AMERICAN PICTURE SLEEVE COLLECTION IS ON DISPLAY FOR YOUR PERUSAL.  TOKENSURFER53 ON FACEBOOK THERE ARE SOME VARIATIONS TO EACH ONE. THE ONE I DO NOT HAVE IS HELP ME RHONDA BLUE BORDER RATHER THAN NORMAL GREEN BORDER. I HAVE SEEN IT PERSONALLY BACK IN THE 80'S. THE OTHER ONE THAT WILL NOT  COME THRU VERY WELL IS THE ROUGH TEXTURED MATTED FINISH OR THE SMOOTH TEXTURED OR GLOSSY FINISH.   BARBARA ANN HAS BOTH A MATTED FINISH AND A GLOSSY FINISH. I OWNED BOTH.  NOW I JUST HAVE THE GLOSSY.   I HAVE BOTH OF THE ROUGH TEXTURED MATTED FINISH OF BROTHER HEROES & VILLAINS AND  THE VERY RARE SMOOTH TEXTURED FINISH BOTH PICTURED ON MY FACEBOOK. THE ULTRA RARE SPIRIT OF AMERICA TITLE SLEEVE IS ALSO THERE IN LIVING COLOUR OR COLOR FOR THE U.S. PORTION OF OUR AUDIENCE. AND THE SCANS ARE TRUE TO THE COLOUR OF EACH SLEEVE. I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO MANIPULATE THE COLOUR BACK 5YRS AGO WHEN I DID IT.
ANY ADDITIONS ARE WELCOME  DOGBONE THE FLOOR IS YOURS. OR WHOMEVER ELSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: May 24, 2009, 05:20:38 AM »

love the scans, dogbone, that Surfin' Luau 45 is priceless.

And it's definitely worth checking out Tokensurfer53's facebook website. Great pictures/scans of many rare Starline re-issues.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 24, 2009, 07:07:25 AM »

THE ONE I DO NOT HAVE IS HELP ME RHONDA BLUE BORDER RATHER THAN NORMAL GREEN BORDER. I HAVE SEEN IT PERSONALLY BACK IN THE 80'S.

Are you sure you're not talking about the SLEEVE for WHEN I GROW UP Huh   I mean..the RHONDA Sleeve--I've seen some sleeves which look slight pale green, which makes them look "bluer"..but I was not aware that there was actually a "Blue" version.  Will you check this out?  Cause WHEN I GROW UP..has a FOREST GREEN border, and also a variation with a TURQUOISE Border..I have both if this is the one you need.  I can scan it for you.

ANY ADDITIONS ARE WELCOME  DOGBONE THE FLOOR IS YOURS. OR WHOMEVER ELSE THAT WOULD LIKE TO CONTRIBUTE.

As soon as I have a chance to take a look and start comparing what you've posted to what I have...I'll start getting some scans to you.  I will little by little do the RAINBOW Starlines and what ever else you need.

I also found a lot of my Canadian Starlines...Most of the TAN label ones I have with multiple copies and same song, have different variations.  Another can of worms, Eh??

Thanks for all of your hard word, and I'll keep ya posted on what I will scan..

Dogbone

Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 24, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »

Hello Token--

I had a chance to see ALL the labels!!  Looks great.  Now comes the hard part for me.  I can already see I have several variations to add!!!  So..I need to sit down, and get my stuff put together, so I can start making comparisons to see what I can add.

Would you be interested in any copy of something, which I have, which is "cleaner" than your copy?  I think I have some of the BLUE labels, which are much cleaner than a couple of the ones you posted.    Also, I do notice you have the 6132 TAN listed as both "tan" and "Avocado"...is this just to indicate to someone viewing, there might be both colors?  Also, saw how you cleaned up my 6132.  Looks a lot better!  Thanks for doing this.

Yes..on the SURFIN' / LUAU Canadian..Just took the top part of the LUAU label, and overlayed it on the SURFIN'  Look closely on the left side of the SURFIN'..it didn't quite fit perfectly...but still looks okay. 

And Token...Your effort is amazing.  Thanks for taking so much time to do this.  I did want to tell you..as I know you've mentioned it many times, I do not know that much about the BEST OF Vol 1, and Vol 2 and all the different STARLINE Labels used over the years.  I do know that the RECORD CLUB (you know..in magazines:  Buy 10 for $1.00 and we'll send them to you right away), had the BEST OF Vol 1. listed for YEARS!!  So...as you have already documented..there are lots of different labels for Vol 1, and possibly Vol 2.  I've never bothered....I once had a Sealed Original of Vol 2...but that was years ago.   And on the Vol 1, I have it on the Black Capitol with the Rainbow edge...which I believe doesn't even say STARLINE.  I think it became a STARLINE issue later on.  At first, it was just another release in the Beach Boys' catalog.  Does this sound correct to you??   I can dig out my copy to double check to see if it mentions STARLINE on the cover or the label.  I don't think it does.

Okay..time time time....gonna get my stuff together...and start comparing...

And I'll make some additions.

Dogbone
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 24, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »

YEA DOGBONE IF IT LOOKS BETTER BY ALL MEANS IT'S ALL GRAVY. HOW DOES THAT QUOTATION WORK.   I MADE A BOO BOO ON 6132 IT SHOULD READ TAN ONLY.  AND THERE'S STILL THAT ANNOYING 15 TO ERASE FROM GOOD VIBES.  THAT TAKES TIME. WE'VE BEEN SO FAR BEHIND THE BEATLES COLLECTORS WHEN IT COMES TO THE STARLINE AND OTHER VARIATIONS ON THE BB IT'S EMBARRASSING
I HAVE THESE RAINBOW
6094/6081/6106/6277
I PUT UP A PIC SLEEVE SECTION ON FACEBOOK. THERE'S ACTUALLY 3 DIFFERENT COLOUR/COLOR VARIATIONS TO WHEN I GROW UP. I HAVE ALL THREE ON THERE.  AND THE HELP ME RHONDA HAS A  DARK BLUE BORDER ON ONE SIDE AND A GREEN BORDER ON THE OTHER SIDE. IT'S AN ABERRATION  BUT A VERY COLLECTIBLE ONE.  BELIEVE ME YOU DON'T FORGET SOMETHING LIKE THAT.  THIS WAS FROM PETER REUM'S MASSIVE COLLECTION THAT TOOK 6 TRIPS TO SEE ALL OF IT.
ALL THE BEST OF VOL 1  COVERS MENTION STARLINE FROM CAPITOL. AND DOGBONE BECOME FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK WITH ME. JEFF AND SMILE HAVE ALREADY . I DON'T WHAT THAT MEANS EXACTLY.  BUT EVIDENTLY I CAN'T MAKE FRIENDS WITHOUT FACEBOOK. CAN YOU ADD PHOTOS ON MY SITE ONCE WE BECOME FRIENDS. I DON'T KNOW. ANYBODY?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 25, 2009, 12:04:38 AM »

AND DOGBONE BECOME FRIENDS ON FACEBOOK WITH ME. JEFF AND SMILE HAVE ALREADY . I DON'T WHAT THAT MEANS EXACTLY.  BUT EVIDENTLY I CAN'T MAKE FRIENDS WITHOUT FACEBOOK. CAN YOU ADD PHOTOS ON MY SITE ONCE WE BECOME FRIENDS. I DON'T KNOW. ANYBODY?

I don't think someone else can make additions on your account Tokensurfer, but if Dogbone could send you additional scans, then it should work out fine.

That tan-reissue series is a tough one.

C-logo or dome logo,
SOT or Irving
All Rights Reserved (or not)
MONO, STEREO, BINAURIAL STEREO
colour differences (both label and borders)
Typo's (like Ronda)

What makes me wonder: do all combinations occur? C-logo with SOT, or Irving; domo-logo with SOT and Irving... some of them with ARR, others not.

The combinations are endless... a hornet's nest...
This will be tough one to get a good overview off, but if we succeed, it'll be great!!

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 25, 2009, 03:32:01 AM »

6059 - Be True To Your School/In My Room (08/65)
     Tan (dome logo)      I can confirm this one.  I have it.
     Blue (A prefix)            Not Sure
     Blue (X prefix)          I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409 (10/66)
     Red/White Target      Might have this. Will have to dig for it.
                       >>>>>NOW I can confirm this one.  I have it.
     Tan (dome logo)        Might have this. Will have to dig for it.
     Blue (A prefix)              I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6105 - Dance, Dance, Dance/Warmth Of The Sun (06/67)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation   D     Not Sure
     Blue (A prefix)      I can confirm this one.  I have it.
     Purple                         Not Sure

6106 - Fun, Fun, Fun/Why Do Fools Fall In Love (06/67)
     Blue (A prefix)           Not Sure
     Blue (X prefix)      I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6107 - Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe (06/67)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation         Not Sure
     Tan (dome logo)    I can confirm this one.  I have it.

6204 - When I Grow Up/She Knows Me Too Well (05/74)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation         Not Sure
     Tan (dome logo)           Not Sure
     Rainbow Colorband        Not Sure
     Purple                                  Not Sure

6205 - Wendy/Little Honda (05/74)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation          Not Sure
     Blue (A prefix)               Not Sure
     Blue (X prefix)          I can confirm this one.  I have it.
     Purple                     Not Sure

6259 - Barbara Ann/Little Honda (06/78)
     Tan (dome logo)        Not Sure

Hope this helps.  On the other list, I can confirm everything to be correct.  There was only one I didn't have in my collection.  I forgot now.

Dogbone Thud

Hello Everyone--

Look above for my the NEW Stuff I can confirm exists.  I've HIGHLIGHTED THE NEW CONFIRMATIONS IN YELLOW!!!

I've got all of my STARLINES together now, except for 1 or 2, which I can't seem to locate.  I spent the last two days, going through about 10 boxes of Beach Boys' singles to find them all.  I have also taken a look (with the help of SMILE-HOLLAND) at all of the stuff TOKENSURFER has posted on his Facebook.  So, I've just started making some comparisons, and I can safely say, other than the whole collection of RAINBOW STARLINES, I have about 25-30 other STARLINE Variations to add to the posting.

But, this is only because I'm assuming TOKEN has posted everything he has on these labels:

GREEN SWIRL
LIME GREEN PROMOS
RED and WHITE TARGET
TAN (C-logo, C-logo with ARR, Dome)
BLUE (with X-prefix and A-prefix)
PURPLE

So TOKEN..other than the few you've mentioned on a post that you have...Are these all the variations you have???  I have a lot, which will fill the holes....but I just want to make sure, I'm clear.  I have quite a few variations, and I will make an effort to get many of them scanned and added to the folders. And we'll find a way to add them to your FACEBOOK.   Please advise if you have others to add.    I do also see, that in many cases, you only posted the A-side variation of a certain single, ie  HELP ME RHONDA b/w DO YOU WANNA DANCE....you might have only put the A-side of the TAN C-Logo without the All Rights Reserved notation.  Do we want to show both sides??  I mean, if it does exist??  We may need to discuss this...anyone have a feeling about it?  I know it's a lot of work...but it might make the whole endevour a bit more "complete" overall.  What do you all think?

Lastly, my eyesight is killing me..so it's difficult at times to see all the little notations on the space between the groove and labels.  So, I will post all the variations I have, and if Jeff wants to take a look at them, and possibly determine which factory...I can try to confirm the symbols I need to look for on this blank space between the grooves and the label.

I also found a couple of things, where the TITLES, FONTS, DETAILS and LABELS are EXACTLY the same, but looking a little closer..at the actual VINYL pressing...the space between the end of the main grooves and the outer edge of the label is say 3/4" on one pressing, and on the other it's 1/4"  in other words, the grooves are cut/spaced further apart using up more of the vinyl surface.  I may have to dig into this a little more..to see if the one that uses up more surface space is in fact MONO, and the other which uses less, is in fact STEREO.   How's that for another variation?

All of this is going to make SMILE-HOLLAND quite crazy.  And the rest of us..well, let's all commit ourselves to the local mental and insane asylum.

Dogbone
« Last Edit: May 25, 2009, 03:57:03 PM by Dogbone51 » Logged
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 25, 2009, 04:44:45 AM »

OK LET'S SEE I HAVE OVER THE YRS ACCUMULATED LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF PHOTOS FROM EBAY AND VARIOUS SITES ON THE INTERNET SINCE 2002. SO I MAY HAVE STARLINES HIDING IN MY ARCHIVES AND I HAVE TO DIG THOSE OUT DIGITALLY. I FOUND SURFER GIRL WITH THE X PREFIX AND I JUST PUT IT ON THAT MAKES 3 VARIATIONS OF SURFER BLUE STARLINE. DOBBONE YOU WANT TO DO BOTH A AND B SIDES. .  I GUESS  SO BUT IT'S MORE WORK. OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN WORK ON THE BROWN. BUT I THINK I HAVE THE TEMPLATE FOR THE BROWN WITH SURFIN USA  4 VARIATIONS.  DO YOU DOGBONE HAVE MORE THAN 4 VARIATIONS FOR THE BROWN OF ANY TITLE.. OK HERE'S A LIST OF WHAT I CAN DO FOR THE FLIPSIDES
I DON 'T HAVE THESE BLUE FOR THE FLIPSIDE
6081 6295
AND NO BLUE 6059 6105 6106 6205
I CAN DO THE FLIPS FOR THE REST OF THE BLUE  IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE ANGLING AT.   I CAN SEE YOU'VE PUT A LOT EFFORT IN DOCUMENTING WHAT YOU HAVE.  I THINK YOU HAVE TO BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK THEN YOU CAN SEND ME AND SHARE PHOTOS WITH ME.  DID YOU CHECK MY PIC SLEEVES. IT'S AN EYE OPENER.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 25, 2009, 04:07:06 PM »

I POSTED 7 CAPITOL STARLINES ON FACEBOOK   IT HAS ITS' OWN SECTION UNDER CAPITOL RAINBOW STARLINE.  I PUT UP YELLOW SWIRLS THE TITLES ARE TOGETHER BUT NOT EXACTLY IN CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER BUT KIND OF
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 25, 2009, 04:19:22 PM »

Hey Token---

Let me add a few comments to answer some things on your last post. My responses are highlighted in YELLOW!!!

OK LET'S SEE I HAVE OVER THE YRS ACCUMULATED LITERALLY THOUSANDS OF PHOTOS FROM EBAY AND VARIOUS SITES ON THE INTERNET SINCE 2002. SO I MAY HAVE STARLINES HIDING IN MY ARCHIVES AND I HAVE TO DIG THOSE OUT DIGITALLY.

Yes, I've done this as well, and have a lot of things just as JPEGs, to remind me that they exist.  Some are good quality, some are garbage...and bearing this in mind, I would like to get all the scans as consistant as possible, especially where either of us have copies which can be scanned.  more below...

I FOUND SURFER GIRL WITH THE X PREFIX AND I JUST PUT IT ON THAT MAKES 3 VARIATIONS OF SURFER BLUE STARLINE.

I have a feeling, just like you adding another variation like this Surfer Girl..we'll be finding more and more things, as we go along. 

DOBBONE YOU WANT TO DO BOTH A AND B SIDES. .  I GUESS  SO BUT IT'S MORE WORK. OBVIOUSLY YOU CAN WORK ON THE BROWN. BUT I THINK I HAVE THE TEMPLATE FOR THE BROWN WITH SURFIN USA  4 VARIATIONS.  DO YOU DOGBONE HAVE MORE THAN 4 VARIATIONS FOR THE BROWN OF ANY TITLE..

Well, I know it's a lot of work...but at the same time, why are we taking the time to put all of this together?  Does it make sense to make it as complete as possible?  I know some of the label variations will apply to different titles, but if someone has a certain title, and wants to check it, even if it's a B-side...shouldn't we have a scan of it??  I don't believe I have more than 4 variations on the Brown Starline...I think you have it covered quite well, but I do have a few C-logo variations to add, and quite a few of the Dome-logo variations to add.  Why don't you wait, until I've added everything that I have, and perhaps, together, we can determine what others are still missing??  I think this will be the easiest way, and it'll reduce the scanning as well.

OK HERE'S A LIST OF WHAT I CAN DO FOR THE FLIPSIDES
I DON 'T HAVE THESE BLUE FOR THE FLIPSIDE
6081 6295
AND NO BLUE 6059 6105 6106 6205
I CAN DO THE FLIPS FOR THE REST OF THE BLUE  IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE ANGLING AT. 

On the BLUE issues with A prefix and X prefix, I have all of them...except these below:

Blue Label - A prefix
A-6059 - Be True To Your School/In My Room                     May not exist
A-6106 - Fun, Fun, Fun/Why Do Fools Fall In Love             May not exist
A-6205 - Wendy/Little Honda                                           May not exist

Which we all agree on, so far, don't seem to exist, or no one's confirmed.  Let me go through and see which ones you've already posted, and I'll complete the scans, both a- and b- sides of the one I have.  No need for you to worry about adding those which you have.  I'll take care of it, little by little.  Give me some time, of course.   How does this sound?

I CAN SEE YOU'VE PUT A LOT EFFORT IN DOCUMENTING WHAT YOU HAVE. 

Yes, I have. I will post an updated list shortly, as soon as I can get it all together.  It will have notes regarding the differrent variations, including FONT, Publisher, Mono/Stereo notation, etc.. Stay tuned.

I THINK YOU HAVE TO BE MY FRIEND ON FACEBOOK THEN YOU CAN SEND ME AND SHARE PHOTOS WITH ME. 

Nothing personal---but I prefer to not made up a Facebook profile.  I don't want all the "Spam" and/or Email associated with it.   I'll be able to send you all the JPEGs I make...one way or another. No worries. 

DID YOU CHECK MY PIC SLEEVES. IT'S AN EYE OPENER.

I haven't seen it, yet...but I'm sure it's impressive.  Thanks also for the infomation about the HELP ME, RHONDA sleeve, and the WHEN I GROW UP.  I'm learning something new everyday about what exists.  And I know about Peter Reum's collection.  In fact, I bought quite a bit of his 7" Vinyls, when Brad Elliot was selling his collection some years ago.  Peter is really the "Godfather" of all collectors, and got the rest of us excited about collecting.  I think most of us here know this.

Stay tuned,

There's more to come.

Dogbone
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 25, 2009, 11:31:45 PM »

OK GENTLEMEN I GOT THE RAR FILE. WITH ALL THOSE INSTRUCTIONS I FEEL LIKE I'M GOING THRU A CLANDESTINE OPERATION WITH THE CIA.
NOT THAT I LIKE CONFUSING THE BROWN STARLINE ISSUE ANY FURTHER BUT HERE'S A CAVEAT FOR THE HELP ME RONDA/RHONDA VARIATIONS. IT LOOKS LIKE I DISCOVERED A FIFTH VARIATION  HOWEVER I CAN'T QUITE READ THE SMALL PRINT AT THE BOTTOM IDENTIFYING ORIGIN OF COUNTRY IT COULD CANADIAN AND BY THE DISTINCT BROWN COLOUR /COLOR  IT MAY BE. YOU'LL NOTE THE PUBLISHED DATE RELEASE IS ON THE LEFT A KNOWN CANADIAN TRAIT.  I HAVE ANOTHER HELP ME RHONDA I WISH IT WAS IN BETTER SHAPE BUT IT'S DIFFERENT THAN THE REST AS WELL. SO THERE COULD STILL BE 5 DIFFERENT  USA VARIATIONS FOR 6081 HELP!!  ME RHONDA.
OH YEA I STILL HAVE  TO OPEN THIS SUCKER OY VEY!
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 25, 2009, 11:57:42 PM »

WELL YOU DID IT AND I DID IT .  I GOT IT OPEN. CONGRATULATIONS. I SEE YOU'LL ALLOW ME TO STRAIGHTENED THEM OUT  IF YOU CAN LEAVE MORE VINYL  ON THE LABEL THAT WAY I CAN EASILY STRAIGHTEN IT OUT ON MY MAC.  IT LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO TRANSFER SOME TO MY PC FOR STRAIGHTENING.  THE HARDSHIPS OF EVERYDAY LIFE IN THIS WARPED WORLD ANYWAY.   NEVERTHELESS A LOT OF EFFORT ON DOGBONE'S PART . TAKE A BOW .  I'LL JUST FINISH THE STRAIGHTENING PART AND GET IT ON THERE.  THE BROWN STARLINE I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.  TOKEN
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 25, 2009, 11:58:39 PM »

Having perused Tokensurfer's Facebook postings and incorporating the latest updates from Dogbone51 ...

Also, I've been persuaded to add another Starline label version -- the Red/White Target label with the "Subsidiary" text around the rim. The first Target labels say "Mfd. By Capitol Records, Inc., U.S.A." in either white or black print (apparently depending on the pressing plant), while later pressings say "Mfd. By Capitol Records, Inc., A Subsidiary Of Capitol Industries, Inc., U.S.A." in black print.

That gives us the following sequence of Starline labels:

Green Swirl
     Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Red/White Target with "Subsidiary" notation
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (C logo) with “All Rights Reserved” notation
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

So far, JeffRetro, Tokensurfer and eBay have confirmed 6094, 6105, 6107 and 6132 on the Target label with "Subsidiary" text, but any of the other singles released on the Target label might exist with that version of the label. Also, from what I can tell, 6132 (Good Vibrations b/w Barbara Ann) exists ONLY on the "Subsidiary" version of the Target label.

--------------------

Revision #2 of THE LIST:

Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6060 - Ten Little Indians/She Knows Me Too Well (08/65)
     Green Swirl
     Red/White Target

6081 - Help Me, Rhonda/Do You Wanna Dance? (07/66)
     Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6094 - Surfin’ U.S.A./Shut Down (10/66)
     Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6132 - Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann (12/69)
     Tan (C logo)

Tan (C logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)

Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband

Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6277 - Little Saint Nick/The Lord’s Prayer (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6280 - I Get Around/Don't Worry Baby (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6289 - California Girls/Let Him Run Wild (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6295 - Sloop John B/You're So Good To Me (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6330 - Good Vibrations/Wouldn't It Be Nice (??/83)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

--------------------

And the updated "WANT LIST":

Blue (A prefix)

Purple

Blue (A prefix)

Tan (dome logo)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Blue (A prefix)
     Purple

Tan (dome logo)
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 26, 2009, 11:36:18 AM »

Also, I've been persuaded to add another Starline label version -- the Red/White Target label with the "Subsidiary" text around the rim. The first Target labels say "Mfd. By Capitol Records, Inc., U.S.A." in either white or black print (apparently depending on the pressing plant), while later pressings say "Mfd. By Capitol Records, Inc., A Subsidiary Of Capitol Industries, Inc., U.S.A." in black print.

I've been going through all my RED AND WHITE Targets, and I've noticed the same thing.  So, yes, I agree, I will make a separate Label version---Red/White Target Label with Subsidary Notation.   So, this will work.

And a note for TOKEN...the RONDA Tan Starline you posted as a "misprint" is in fact a CANADIAN issue.  On the right side of the bottom print, it clearly says, "Made In Canada".  I have a stack of Canadian Starlines--Green Swirl and also Tan--C-logo and Dome Logo.  I will put together a list shortly.  By the way, did you get the RAINBOW file I sent?? 

Will do some more scanning this week, as my time permits.

Dogbone
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 26, 2009, 02:20:46 PM »

WELL YOU DID IT AND I DID IT .  I GOT IT OPEN. CONGRATULATIONS. I SEE YOU'LL ALLOW ME TO STRAIGHTENED THEM OUT  IF YOU CAN LEAVE MORE VINYL  ON THE LABEL THAT WAY I CAN EASILY STRAIGHTEN IT OUT ON MY MAC.  IT LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO TRANSFER SOME TO MY PC FOR STRAIGHTENING.  THE HARDSHIPS OF EVERYDAY LIFE IN THIS WARPED WORLD ANYWAY.   NEVERTHELESS A LOT OF EFFORT ON DOGBONE'S PART . TAKE A BOW .  I'LL JUST FINISH THE STRAIGHTENING PART AND GET IT ON THERE.  THE BROWN STARLINE I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT.  TOKEN

A few are "crooked".  One thing my scanner does is sometimes "twist" them.  And to get these scanned was no easy task!!  So..I would be content to not worry about one or a dozen being slightly crooked.  By the way, can you take my jpegs, and crop them in a circular fashion, like some of the others I've seen that you've posted?  This might be the way to go, and then, you can straighted them out if you like.   What do you think??

Brown Starlines...will be along shortly.

Dogbone
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 26, 2009, 08:31:02 PM »

THERE WERE MORE THAN A FEW SLIGHTLY CROOKED. ANYWAY I POSTED THEM. ALL STRAIGHTENED OUT.  I JUST HAVE TO ARRANGE A FEW.  IT'S WITH THE REST OF THE STARLINES NOW.  IGNORE THE CAPITOL RAINBOW ONE IT'S NOT  IN THERE I'LL DELETE IT  ONCE I'M FINISHED. I HAD TO USE MY  HELP ME RHONDA RNBW YOURS WAS TO DARK AND GLOOMY FOR SOME REASON. I COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER. FORTUNATELY MINE WAS OF THE FEW RNBWS  I HAD.
TOKENSURFER
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: May 27, 2009, 12:29:48 AM »

OK GENTLEMEN  IT'S DONE AS FAR AS THE RAINBOW IS CONCERNED AND IN ORDER SO ARE THE PURPLE WITHOUT THE FLIP SIDES.   AS FAR AS THE GREEN SWIRL ARE CONCERNED I'LL LET DOGBONE DO THOSE FLIPS AND ANY OTHER VARIATIONS IF I HAPPEN TO HAVE THE ONLY SURFIN USA GREEN SWIRL  VARIATION  THEN I'LL HAVE TO PUT IT ON AND CLEAN IT UP DIGITALLY.  I GUESS THE BROWN ARE NEXT. WE KNOW WHAT VARIATION THE BROWN STARLINE FIRST PRESSINGS WERE  THAT OFF COLOUR/COLOR AVOCADO THE GOOD VIBES 6132 CERTAINLY  WAS THE TEMPLATE FOR THE FIRST PRESSING AS THERE WERE NO OTHER FOR GOOD VIBES AFTER THAT. I'M 99.9% SURE OF THAT. CONSIDERING HOW MEGA RARE THAT ONE IS. ENJOY THE FRUITS OF OUR LABOUR/LABOR ON FACEBOOK. COME ON JEFF PLEASE INTERJECT  SOME INPUT
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 27, 2009, 12:50:56 AM »

THERE WERE MORE THAN A FEW SLIGHTLY CROOKED. ANYWAY I POSTED THEM. ALL STRAIGHTENED OUT.  I JUST HAVE TO ARRANGE A FEW.  IT'S WITH THE REST OF THE STARLINES NOW.  IGNORE THE CAPITOL RAINBOW ONE IT'S NOT  IN THERE I'LL DELETE IT  ONCE I'M FINISHED. I HAD TO USE MY  HELP ME RHONDA RNBW YOURS WAS TO DARK AND GLOOMY FOR SOME REASON. I COULDN'T MAKE IT BETTER. FORTUNATELY MINE WAS OF THE FEW RNBWS  I HAD.

A few crooked ones?  Oh help me God!!   LOL

I'll try to be a little more careful....but like I said, sometimes my scanner does a "twist"...either way..no harm done.   As for the Help Me, Rhonda RAINBOW...I just looked at the scan I made..it's very dark.  I'll re-scan that one, and lighten it up...shouldn't be a problem.  Then you can choose to use the new scan, or if yours is still better go with that one.

And as far as the B-sides go for the Purple....I'll get to it at some point....Like I explained in the other post...I think BOTH sides will make it more complete.  We might as well, go for it...now that I've made a commitment.  Shouldn't be too many to scan.

And in all due respect...I appreciate the feedback about the scans..really, I do.  If I can make them better, I will.  And I know it's a lot of work to post them to the Facebook location as well.  So, I leave it to you, to let me know, which Scans aren't good, and need to be re-done.  Just let me know.

It's all good.

Dogbone
Dogbone51
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 27, 2009, 01:28:15 AM »

Hey BEACH HEAD---

I can confirm these on RED AND WHITE Target with Subsidiary Notation:         

So go ahead and update your list.

And to further document---

Here is a list of all the RED AND WHITE Target's which are documented (I have all of these in my collection, except for the few I've highlighted in Yellow).

Follow my CODES for additional information. 

There is NO consistancy with the FONTS and the SUBSIDIARY...the only constant is that all of the labels with the "Subsidiary" Notation across the bottom are in BLACK printing--NONE are in the White as far as I can tell, from those issues I have. 

One other thing---on the DANCE DANCE DANCE--- the TT-WB-R and the TS-BB-B issues have the title written like this:

Dance,
                 Dance, Dance

Whereas the Subsidiary Issue  SS-BB-R issue has it on one line:  Dance, Dance, Dance.

This appears to be the only single with the format changed.  All others appear to be formatted the same, even though the font style is different.

FONT STYLES:        

TS = Thick-Short               SS = Skinny-Short         
TT = Thick-Tall                   ST =  Skinny-Tall

COLOR OF BOTTOM EDGE PRINTING

BB = “Black” print on Bottom Edge
WB = “White” print on Bottom Edge             

LOCATION OF SERIAL NUMBER

B =  “Serial # on Bottom of Label”        (or 6 o'clock position)
R =  “Serial # on Right Side of Label”   (or 3 o'clock position)

Using the KEY above THUS:     SS-BB-R  would mean:   
                   Skinny Short Font -- Black Print Bottom Edge -- “Serial # Right Side of Label

Red/White Target

Variation #1             #2         
6059 - Be True To Your School/In My Room                     TT-WB-R
6060 - Ten Little Indians/She Knows Me Too Well          TT-WB-R
6081 - Help Me, Rhonda/Do You Wanna Dance?             TS-BB-R,   
6094 - Surfin’ U.S.A./Shut Down   (documented)          DON’T HAVE IT     

6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409   (documented)                    DON’T HAVE IT    
6105 - Dance, Dance, Dance/Warmth Of The Sun           TT-WB-R          TS-BB-B
6106 - Fun, Fun, Fun/Why Do Fools Fall In Love             TT-WB-R   
6107 - Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe                             TS-BB-B

Not Sure:
6132 - Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann                May Not Exist               

Can someone fill in the two in Yellow, using the same Codes??  And if you have any OTHER variations, which I haven't listed, can you let me know?

Variation   :      #1              #2                                                                                             
6059 - Be True To Your School/In My Room                SS-BB-R,      TS-BB-B   
6081 - Help Me, Rhonda/Do You Wanna Dance?            TT-BB-B,
6094 - Surfin’ U.S.A./Shut Down                               SS-BB-R,      TT-BB-R
6095 - Surfin’ Safari/409                                          TS-BB-R,       TT-BB-R
6105 - Dance, Dance, Dance/Warmth Of The Sun        SS-BB-R,     
6106 - Fun, Fun, Fun/Why Do Fools Fall In Love            SS-BB-R,      TS-BB-B
6107 - Surfer Girl/Little Deuce Coupe  (documented)       DON'T HAVE IT
6132 - Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann                              ST-BB-R

Not Sure
6060 - Ten Little Indians/She Knows Me Too Well         May Not Exist

Again, can someone fill in the one in Yellow, using the same Codes??  And if you have any OTHER variations, which I haven't listed, can you let me know?

I hope this information makes everyone's head spin.  Just leave it to Capitol Records..to make all of us collectors crazy!!    Head Spin

Dogbone

« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 01:45:16 AM by Dogbone51 » Logged
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 27, 2009, 10:42:29 AM »

With Dogbone51's latest updates, we now have all the possible "Subsidiary" Targets documented except for 6060 (Ten Little Indians b/w She Knows Me Too Well).  I think it's likely that one doesn't exist.  We know the single never made it to the next (Tan) label and that it's impossibly rare on the first (no "Subsidiary") Target label.  There probably was just one pressing of it on the Target label and then it was cancelled -- before the change to the "Subsidiary" label.  So I'm dropping the "Subsidiary" label version of 6060 from the Want List, unless someone strenuously objects.

--------------------

Revision #3 of THE LIST:

Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Green Swirl
     Red/White Target

Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6094 - Surfin’ U.S.A./Shut Down (10/66)
     Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Green Swirl
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Light Green (promo)
     Red/White Target
     Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6132 - Good Vibrations/Barbara Ann (12/69)
     Tan (C logo)

Tan (C logo)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)

Tan (C logo)
     Tan (dome logo)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband

Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6277 - Little Saint Nick/The Lord’s Prayer (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6280 - I Get Around/Don't Worry Baby (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6289 - California Girls/Let Him Run Wild (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6295 - Sloop John B/You're So Good To Me (11/81)
     Blue (A prefix)
     Blue (X prefix)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

6330 - Good Vibrations/Wouldn't It Be Nice (??/83)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

--------------------

And the updated "WANT LIST":

Blue (A prefix)

Purple

Blue (A prefix)

Tan (dome logo)
     Rainbow Colorband
     Purple

Blue (A prefix)
     Purple

Tan (dome logo)
Beach Head
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 27, 2009, 10:52:18 AM »

Dogbone, did you notice that on the non-Subsidiary Target labels, all of your instances of the "Thick-Short" font coincide with the use of Black Print on the Bottom edge (BB)?  I don't think that's a coincidence.   Can we match that up to a particular pressing plant?

Also, I'm trying to evaluate the fonts on the Target labels I own, and I'm more than a little confused as to what constitues Thick vs. Skinny and Tall vs. Short.  Is there a possibility that you could go through Tokensurfer's Facebook photos and tell us which are TT, TS, ST and SS, so that we can have a visual guide to those characteristics?   That would go a long way toward allowing me to contribute to your list of Target variations.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx