gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680836 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 08:31:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: All TLOS bonus tracks ...  (Read 8992 times)
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: May 02, 2009, 09:39:35 AM »

I thought it was about John Lennon.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2009, 10:23:33 AM »

According to the BMI publishing database, both Oh Mi Amor and Message Man are credited to Brian alone. (Scott shows up on the TLOS tunes he co-wrote.) I can't find a listing for JLMaY.

I'm told it's a collaboration with Van Dyke, but I'll double check that.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Rocky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 01, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »

Ya know when you take all of the songs from TLOS (removing the narratives) and add "Message Man" and "Just Like Me And You" you're left with a very eclectic playlist that does a good job of demonstrating all the many "shades" of Brian. It's almost like a stylistic retrospective, a Brian 101 if you will...took me nearly two years to get bored enough to try that...
buddhahat
Smiley Smile Associate

Hi, my name's Doug. Would you like to dance?

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 02, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »

I want a whole album in the style of Message Man. I love it. The most complete BW since Love You.

Yeah Message Man is right up there with any of his post Love You material for me. It has such an effortlessly uplifting melody - I don't think anything makes me feel happier than this song! This and Just Like Me & You are the types of songs I want to hear from Brian, and they feel free from any of the commercial or thematic restraints that you sense possibly hinder his creativity sometimes.

Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes, Bedroom Tapes ......
Myk Luhv
Smiley Smile Associate

"...and I said, 'Oatmeal? Are you crazy?!'"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 03, 2010, 06:52:42 PM »

"O Mi Amor" is also a good song with a surprisingly strong vocal from Brian! If there was an album full of songs that reach the quality of "Just Like Me And You", "O Mi Amor", and "Message Man" it would be one of his best albums released since Love You! I've had the melody and refrain of "Message Man" stuck in my head for the last two days!
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx