gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680879 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 03:19:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Get The Boot  (Read 1478 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:01:25 AM »

Just an observation - I notice Get the Boot Vols 1 & 2 appear to have had an unofficial release on a label calling itself Thumbs Up.

If anyone's heard this release and can comment on sound quality (I doubt it could differ to the version that's circulated previously) I'd be grateful.

Artwork is the same as I've seen before -  Brian eating shoe - and it's a cheapo CDR release; beyond that I know nothing.

Not sure I hold with this kind of boot at all - where something's circulated for free among fans, then someone decides to make a few extra bucks by selling cheap burns. There are boots for the fan community, and boots by the fan community and the latter didn't ought to be taken advantage of by the former. (and yes, I know, that's the minefield opened again!).

Understand completely if this thread bites the proverbial.

“We live in divisive times.”
GroovinGarrett
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 05:06:58 AM »

Counterfeit bootlegs.....who'da thunk it?
GLarson432
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 03:42:14 PM »

I can absolutely, unequivocally, irrecoverably, uncontrovertibly and any other -ly adverb you can think of (plus, beyond a shadow of a doubt) say that the original artwork for both versions of Get The Boot (it was initially a single disc) did not include the Thumb's Up notation.  So, yes, it's a boot of a boot.  The original was meant for trading purposes only and was offered to/traded with about six serious collectors with the understanding that they would keep it to themself -ves.  Obviously someone didn't live up to their end of the bargain.
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 12:42:19 PM »

The original was meant for trading purposes only and was offered to/traded with about six serious collectors with the understanding that they would keep it to themself -ves.  Obviously someone didn't live up to their end of the bargain.

^  And thank god for that!   Wink
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx