gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680849 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 27, 2024, 05:16:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Spector verdict reached...  (Read 3688 times)
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2009, 01:19:25 PM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,515275,00.html

To be read soon.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 01:38:09 PM »

This trial has been fascinating, sad and hilarious (the wigs, not the subject matter), anxious to hear the verdict. By the way, marks the first and hopefully only time I've gone on to the FoxNews website.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 03:32:59 PM »

Spector is guilty. Could get up to 18 years in jail:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/phil_spector
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »

In a way, this is on topic...I wonder how Brian's dealing with this?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 04:20:57 PM »

I wouldn't think he'd care as much as the dog shitting in the backyard.

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 05:16:14 PM »

Really? I don't think Brian ever stopped worshipping Spector as a producer, therefore, on SOME level, he has to have some feelings.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 05:50:36 PM »

Really? I don't think Brian ever stopped worshipping Spector as a producer, therefore, on SOME level, he has to have some feelings.

I remember reading an interview with him from a few years back (probably soon after the murder happened) where Brian was asked about it, and he said that he didn't believe it.  It seemed very much like a child denying that their parents could ever do wrong.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 04:49:25 AM »

I too remember that interview and I can perfectly understand such a reaction. To put it mildly, it's rather strange in itself to ask someone if the person they idolize might or might not be a murderer and what they care to think about it. Brian has spent quite a few decades obsessively listening to Spector's music so it is not much of a wonder if he doesn't even want to know about the dirt.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 06:56:03 AM »

Well, Brian worships Spector from the 60s, he probably puts on Be My Baby and takes himself back to the days he'd run into Spector in the studio. Anything beyond that is just another...who?

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 07:04:48 AM »

Well, Brian worships Spector from the 60s, he probably puts on Be My Baby and takes himself back to the days he'd run into Spector in the studio. Anything beyond that is just another...who?

Brian is also very aware that Spector worked extensively with the Beatles - the group and as solo artists. And, Brian is STILL mentioning Spector in interviews as a CURRENT influence. Brian still hasn't spoken at length about Dennis and Carl's passing, so obviously you won't get much out of him regarding the Spector incident. 

Maybe I'm more a sentimental sap than the average Joe, and I'm not saying I'm obsessed with him/it (Spector isn't at the top of my lists), but when I hear "Be My Baby" or The Ramones' End Of The Century, or even see Darlene Love's performance of "Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)" on Lettermen every year, I'll think about the tragedy.

Any chance Phil will cross paths with his (and Brian's) old drummer, Jim Gordon?
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2009, 01:11:06 PM »

If Brian was just a bit more lucid today I'd love to hear what he thought about all the other stuff that Spector did apart from the classic singles. Like, has he ever heard Death of a Ladies' Man? (doubt it) Starsailor? All Things Must Pass? (Now "Awaiting on You All" has to be one of the most powerful productions Spector ever did in the years following his classic string of hits, it's just so incredibly wall-of-soundish. In my very humble opinion it blows "Instant Karma" out of the water, easily.)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2009, 12:18:40 AM »

Does anyone recall that very black joke that did the rounds, where the lyrics of 'Da Doo Ron Ron' were slightly changed to fit the murder?

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx