gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 11:58:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Beach Boys - Good Vibrations Tour
5 - 3 (20%)
4 - 9 (60%)
3 - 3 (20%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys - Good Vibrations Tour  (Read 13884 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2006, 11:34:13 AM »

Discuss, review and rate Beach Boys - Good Vibrations Tour, released 2005.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jason
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 11:35:05 AM »

A fun special, everybody has a good time. The music's pretty good too. 4.
MBE
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 05:01:01 AM »

Dennis is still in good shape here. The band still seems to care about what they are doing (even Mike) and the oldies sound fresh because they hadn't been playing some of them for a while. Brian is a little messed up but compared to now seems a bit more with it mentally if much worse weight wise.
drlandy
Smiley Smile Associate

HONKIN' DOWN THE HIGHWAY

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 10:21:26 AM »

My favorite in here: That Same Song from 15 Big Ones
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 04:00:48 AM »

Not one of my favourite DVD's of the band. The non-concert footage is nice with exception of the skateboard kid and the daredevil guy on the plane etc.. However I would have rather just seen a straight out concert (I know it was taken from various concerts but they couldve just shown the performances without having other footage over the top of the audio) I would just prefer straight out performances with JUST footage showing them on stage performing the song they are currently singing. I know that some songs are like this (eg: You Are So Beautiful, God Only Knows etc..) but performances like I Get Around are just ruined by having that footage of the airplane daredevil guy etc.... The two highlights for me are no doubt the That Same Song performance in the church with the choir and the performance of Im Bugged At My Ol Man with just the three Wilson brothers. I wish they couldve just shown the extra footage such as Dan Ackroyd/John Belushi taking Brian surfing etc... as bonus features so it wouldnt ruin the concert performance. Also I think it is quite strange that on the clip of Good Vibrations they string two or maby more?? performances from different concerts together. I really think that they shouldnt have done this and perhaps rather just had two performances of Good Vibrations (I wouldnt mind). Also on that clip is that Stan Love on the side of the stage? It certainly looks like it. Either him or Steven (I cant tell the difference)
elnombre
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 09:10:31 AM »

Not bad, but I find Mike's prancing so irritating here. Spoils the whole thing for me.
rogerlancelot
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 05:44:47 PM »

I give this a 4 because there were so many moments that I had NOT seen in American Band and similar documentaries. Highlights for me were "That Same Song", Dennis judging a beauty contest and some nice Van Dyke Parks quips I had never heard before. Low point was seeing Brian on stage barely contributing anything and stopping to nervously wave at somebody. Still a nice time capsule over all and was better than I expected it to be.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:44:27 PM »

Live concert from Anaheim stadium 7-3-76 What a day  that was.!! The stadium was a rockin. ! Message board kept flashing Sit Down.! There was so many people in the stands you could actually see the WHOLE stadium flex and the different tiers bouncing up + down.. Stone cold concrete flexing like a rubber band.. UNBELIVABLE.!   The field was a MASS of people with no place to go..Goin to the rest room was OUT of the question where I was.. I was 5-6 people deep from the fence lookin up !  After this show city had to inspect the stadium for damage from this show.. That sheet that said Welcome back Brian I believe was brought in by BB.. You couldn't have gotten that in there with the huge poles it was attatched to.. If you have an UNEDITED copy of this TV special you can find my 1st wife and I on the last 2 songs in the special. Camera shot from stage down into audience.. If you see a blonde haired girl with a guy that has a straw hat on with a huge fu Manchu mustache Jeff Baxter style. That would be Me + Sherry.. WHAT A DAY..!.. Santana opened the show .. Then America played   Then BB..  I went home that night with the biggest POT headache ive ever had.. A Glorious day.! I was proud to be a BB fan.. SO..Im very partial to this video..I give it a ...10
KDS
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2016, 05:29:45 AM »

I finally saw this special for the first time over the weekend. 

It's a nice document from an important time in Beach Boys history.  The live footage is good.  It's very obvious Brian wasn't ready to be back on stage with the group. 

Unfortunately, this era also marks the beginning of The Beach Boys as a nostalgia act, and the end of them as a creative force.  The transition from Holland to 15 Big Ones is very jarring.  But you don't get that feeling here, as the three 15BO tracks highlighted on the show are three of the better tracks.  I could see how this special could drive fans to buy the record.  And I could see most of these fans being very disappointed after hearing the whole thing (especially the flat version of RNR Music that pales in comparison to the live version here). 

If you're a Beach Boys enthusiast, this is a must own.  If you're a casual fan, you can skip it.  But, if you're a casual fan, you're not reading this. 
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »

It's a nice document from an important time in Beach Boys history.  The live footage is good.  It's very obvious Brian wasn't ready to be back on stage with the group.  

Unfortunately, this era also marks the beginning of The Beach Boys as a nostalgia act, and the end of them as a creative force.  The transition from Holland to 15 Big Ones is very jarring.  But you don't get that feeling here, as the three 15BO tracks highlighted on the show are three of the better tracks.  I could see how this special could drive fans to buy the record.  And I could see most of these fans being very disappointed after hearing the whole thing (especially the flat version of RNR Music that pales in comparison to the live version here).  

If you're a Beach Boys enthusiast, this is a must own.  If you're a casual fan, you can skip it.  But, if you're a casual fan, you're not reading this.  
Smiley

"Rock and Roll Music" live rocks hard indeed.. More or less the only bearable BBs version.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:06:47 PM by Lowbacca » Logged
KDS
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2016, 05:09:27 AM »

It's a nice document from an important time in Beach Boys history.  The live footage is good.  It's very obvious Brian wasn't ready to be back on stage with the group.  

Unfortunately, this era also marks the beginning of The Beach Boys as a nostalgia act, and the end of them as a creative force.  The transition from Holland to 15 Big Ones is very jarring.  But you don't get that feeling here, as the three 15BO tracks highlighted on the show are three of the better tracks.  I could see how this special could drive fans to buy the record.  And I could see most of these fans being very disappointed after hearing the whole thing (especially the flat version of RNR Music that pales in comparison to the live version here).  

If you're a Beach Boys enthusiast, this is a must own.  If you're a casual fan, you can skip it.  But, if you're a casual fan, you're not reading this.  
Smiley

"Rock and Roll Music" live rocks hard indeed.. More or less the only bearable BBs version.

Brian's production of Rock and Roll Music should've been a huge red flag that he wasn't ready to be put back in the driver's seat. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2021, 11:03:25 PM »

Smiley

Brian's production of Rock and Roll Music should've been a huge red flag that he wasn't ready to be put back in the driver's seat. 
Yet, somehow that turkey managed to make it into the top 10. But I do wonder how many people bought 15BO on the strength of the hit single, put it on the turntable, and decided they would never buy another Beach Boys album?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx