gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681290 Posts in 27630 Topics by 4081 Members - Latest Member: zappi June 01, 2024, 05:04:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Handwritten Smile Song Titles Note  (Read 16509 times)
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2009, 09:06:33 AM »

Mr Doe... I know that you've quite deliberately not said in your post above which song it was that was going to have the internal crossfade, so by asking 'which one?', I'm probably going somewhere you don't wish to go. But...

MattB

"The Elements".

This was a theoretical crossfade, or someone knows that one element would be crossfaded into another?  Which to which?
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 07, 2009, 09:27:14 AM »

For all those pointing out lyrical differences, he also sings, "I've been taken as lost and gone" on the Humble Harv recording. Not quite as important as the others pointed out, but it is worth mentioning as the lyric later changed, just as "agriculture" could have been later on.

What is the Humble Harv recording?  Is this an acetate or tape that Brian and friends took to radio station KHJ to give them a world exclusive premiere of Heroes and Villains?  I've always wondered if it was Humble Harv (aka Harvey Miller), Tom Maule, or another KHJ jock who told Brian, "Sorry, it's not on the playlist, so I can't play it!" before contacting his boss who told him, "Put it on the air, you idiot!"

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 07, 2009, 09:28:58 AM »

Wasn't it  I'm In Great Shape that originally had that fuzzy feedback build-up, which on BWPS bled into I Wanna Be Around?  (Going from memory as I don't have my CDs to hand...).. Would that count as a kind of cross-fade?

“We live in divisive times.”
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2009, 08:14:19 AM »

For all those pointing out lyrical differences, he also sings, "I've been taken as lost and gone" on the Humble Harv recording. Not quite as important as the others pointed out, but it is worth mentioning as the lyric later changed, just as "agriculture" could have been later on.

What is the Humble Harv recording?  Is this an acetate or tape that Brian and friends took to radio station KHJ to give them a world exclusive premiere of Heroes and Villains?  I've always wondered if it was Humble Harv (aka Harvey Miller), Tom Maule, or another KHJ jock who told Brian, "Sorry, it's not on the playlist, so I can't play it!" before contacting his boss who told him, "Put it on the air, you idiot!"

The humble Harv recording is the Heroes piano demo that was released in edited form on Endless Harmony - it was the first time that "I'm in Great Shape" came to light as part of Heroes, at least at that time (November 66).
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2009, 11:07:12 PM »

The humble Harv recording is the Heroes piano demo that was released in edited form on Endless Harmony - it was the first time that "I'm in Great Shape" came to light as part of Heroes, at least at that time (November 66).

Thanks for the info, Bicyclerider.  Do you have any idea why it's called "The Humble Harv Demo"?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2009, 11:31:10 PM »

'Cause Brian was playing it for LA DJ Harvey' Humble Harv' Miller, who'd dropped in at the session.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2009, 12:16:32 AM »

'Cause Brian was playing it for LA DJ Harvey' Humble Harv' Miller, who'd dropped in at the session.

OK, so it's probably safe to assume that it was not Humble Harv who was on the air when Brian and entourage drove to KHJ radio and delivered Heroes and Villains for an exclusive world premiere, only to have the dj say he couldn't play it because it wasn't on the KHJ playlist. 

AGD, do you or anyone else know who the dj was who was finally told by his boss, when the dj was prodded to call for permission, "Put it on the air, you idiot!"  (For those of you into radio history, I'm assuming the boss would have been KHJ program director Ron Jacobs.)

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2009, 03:10:41 AM »

'Cause Brian was playing it for LA DJ Harvey 'Humble Harv' Miller, who'd dropped in at the session.

OK, so it's probably safe to assume that it was not Humble Harv who was on the air when Brian and entourage drove to KHJ radio and delivered Heroes and Villains for an exclusive world premiere, only to have the dj say he couldn't play it because it wasn't on the KHJ playlist. 

AGD, do you or anyone else know who the dj was who was finally told by his boss, when the dj was prodded to call for permission, "Put it on the air, you idiot!"  (For those of you into radio history, I'm assuming the boss would have been KHJ program director Ron Jacobs.)

Y'know, I do believe someone worked out who it had to be - probably Cam Mott, he's good at stuff like that - and it wasn't Harv.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx