gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 04:54:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Beach Boys: Back to the Beach
5 - 2 (20%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (10%)
2 - 1 (10%)
1 - 1 (10%)
0 - 5 (50%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Beach Boys: Back to the Beach  (Read 12295 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:26:59 AM »

Discuss, review and rate Beach Boys: Back to the Beach, released October 25, 2005.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Jason
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2006, 10:17:28 AM »

What a complete rip-off. 0.
JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 05:55:36 PM »

Agree.  I made the mistake of buying this DVD just yesterday.  It's horrible!  Save your money.

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
Bubba Ho-Tep
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 12:45:54 PM »

This DVD makes no sense. It's incredible how half-assed it really is. Plus, you get a Stamos monologue. No thanks, but as a completist, I had to throw my $10 away.

Worthless.
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 06:01:06 AM »

what and when is performed?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 10:10:56 AM »

when is performed?

Tongue

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2006, 10:12:09 AM »

what and when is performed?

Is performed sometime in 90s by Michelle, Bruise, Carly, and Alain. Four songs, they do. Bend do they to the will of the Force.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 10:14:58 AM by Dr. UNH, Esq. aka Jason » Logged
RobtheNobleSurfer
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2006, 04:10:53 PM »

Excellent replies, you make, Master Jason!

Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2006, 12:10:28 PM »

I looked at this at FYE after hearing about it. Just it's apperance makes it look like a rip-off. Glad I saved my money.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
TigerManHI
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2006, 03:37:14 PM »

I reviewed this DVD back in October 2005 on Amazon.com.  This is what I wrote:

This DVD is features 5.1 and 2.0 Audio. Picture quality and sound quality is great. The only other great thing about this is that it is less than 23 minutes in length. The photos on the box feature Brian, Carl and Dennis Wilson, Mike Love and Al Jardine. The Beach Boys performing on the show, a 1994 concert from Saint Louis, MO, are Carl, Al, Mike and Bruce Johnston. The drummer? Oh, that's pretty boy John Stamos living out his fantasy of being a rock stor. You see 4 songs performed by the Beach Boys: California Girls, Catch a Wave, their classic hit, Under the Boardwalk and Be True to Your School.
They certainly make it seem that Jan & Dean appear with the Beach Boys, but this is not true. Jan and Dean perform from pool side, lip-syncing to Surf City and SideWalk Surfing. No band, no Beach Boys, but some decent footage of surfing and skate boarding and pretty girls.
I can really find nothing of value with this product. It's not worth the postage to mail it to you, the gas money to drive to the store to pick it up, or the shoe leather to walk to the DVD store.
It is a trememdous disspointment. Not even the more arden Beach Boy fan will want to admit he purchased this.
Harley
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2006, 10:35:44 AM »

I liked it. Just wish it had been the whole show. It's worth 10 bucks easy.

Harley
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 05:57:09 PM »

I bought this for the heck of it and it is as the other posters said.. I did enjoy the 4 live BB songs + wished the WHOLE concert was on this dvd..  The Jan + Dean videos are useless.. I want the whole show PLEASE..!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx