gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:05:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Brian Wilson: On Tour
5 - 6 (24%)
4 - 8 (32%)
3 - 8 (32%)
2 - 3 (12%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson: On Tour  (Read 25090 times)
Dr. Tim
Smiley Smile Associate

"Would you put a loud count on it for us please?"

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2006, 09:52:17 AM »

It may just be me who thinks this but Brian tends to cuss a lot when he's really happy and/or excited, it looks like.  Even the story Darian tells in BD when Brian can't make out the word "Indians" in "Do You Like Worms", cusses and calls Van Dyke, the sense you get is he's animated and focused, not depressed or angry.

Hey kids! Remember:
mono mixes suck donkey dick
RONDEMON
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »

Pretty great! Just saw this and it felt relaxed and it was good to see Brian so happy no matter how edited it probably is!
The band is so much thinner too!
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2011, 02:16:20 PM »

Hmmm...missed this thread over five years somehow...anyhoo...

Speaking of composites etc. (btw, the concert footage in Beautiful Dreamer is loaded with it)...

One thing I noticed was the blatant digital removal of Steve Dahl and Joe Thomas...especially on the wider angles. Some of the footage is obviously from the first few concerts of 1999, as you can match up some pictures from that year's program, so yeah, you can tell.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2013, 07:00:56 PM »

I like this dvd pretty well.. 4/5.. There is some footage in a small hall NYeve.. 1999//2000  Is that Redondo Beach footage.?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2013, 07:31:22 PM »

Hmmm...missed this thread over five years somehow...anyhoo...

Speaking of composites etc. (btw, the concert footage in Beautiful Dreamer is loaded with it)...

One thing I noticed was the blatant digital removal of Steve Dahl and Joe Thomas...especially on the wider angles. Some of the footage is obviously from the first few concerts of 1999, as you can match up some pictures from that year's program, so yeah, you can tell.
What parts? At which chapter/minute/time ? Who's Steve Dahl?
I feel like Joe Thomas was in one part in the background, why were they erased?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
KDS
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2017, 08:24:28 AM »

I finally saw this for the first time yesterday. 

For what it is, I'm giving it a 4/5. It's a nice film, showing the return of Brian Wilson to the road.  The behind the scenes stuff is great, and it's really nice to see Brian in such high spirits throughout, even dancing on stage during Surfin USA. 

However, like most BB/BW related DVDs, it leaves a lot to be desired.  Much like the Beach Boys Doin It Again DVD from 2012, it features some great live performances that scream to be released in full. 

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx