gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 12:00:53 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Til I Die  (Read 2316 times)
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 22, 2009, 04:31:53 PM »

So I was listening to the "Surf's Up" album a lot lately and as I was listening through "'Til I Die" I got the urge to want to try to do this one, as it's obviously a great song and one of my very favorites.  So here's me tacking a tackle at this one... hopefully you guys enjoy it! 

http://www.icompositions.com/music/song.php?sid=109701

I have another version with just the vocals if anyone is interested. 

Enjoy! 
Mr. Cohen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 09:33:04 PM »

Really nice, it's great to have a faithful cover where you can actually hear the background parts clearly. "Til I Die" as the Beach Boys recorded it was ridiculously amazing, although sometimes the vibes seemed a little too obscured amidst everything going on, I thought. There are some beautiful melodies you can barely hear. Interesting that you went with the organ on the outro. Might've just been an artistic decision. If you wanted to try and make it sound more like the Beach Boys version, which sounds like it's just drums, vibes (or whatever that instrument actually is, you know what I'm talking about), and bass, I have a hint. It's hard to make out what vibes are playing, which is probably why you went with the strong organ sound, but if listen really closely as the song is fading out you can pretty much make out what the part is. For some reason it becomes clearer at that point. That might help you.

Not that I'm hating. That's a hard song to cover and you did a fucking amazing job for one man, really amazing.
PMcC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 05:43:11 PM »

Excellent job on that track...you should be very proud of that...Paul

"Anytime I want to hear the Beach Boys, I put on a Brian Wilson CD"-Paul McClelland
matt-zeus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 02:51:38 PM »

Great great sound. I listened to a couple of your others too, I like the way your vocals sound - Sort of reminds me a bit of Elliott Smith in that regard.

Disco, disco, discotheque mama...

My music: http://www.thebrigadier.co.uk
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx