gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680867 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 30, 2024, 07:04:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rich Alarian  (Read 1154 times)
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2009, 09:29:40 PM »

I have read that Alarian was co-writer of "Custom Machine" and didn't receive credit. But I was reading Brad Elliott's site (http://www.bradelliott.com/writings/rarities/track14.html) and it says "Alarian had assisted in the writing of several Beach Boys songs". Is this true and what are the other songs Alarian supposedly wrote?
Jason
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:38:34 PM »

The Little Deuce Coupe album was done around the same time Brian was cutting tracks for other artists such as I Do for the Castells and Pamela Jean for the Survivors, of which he was a member. Rich Alarian was also a member of the Survivors. Brian cut several other tracks for the Survivors, most of which remain unreleased. After The Game was the B-side of Pamela Jean, but I forget the songwriting credit at the moment. Car Crazy Cutie was somewhat plagiarized by Brian and Rich Alarian and made into Pamela Jean, so it could be not far off that Rich co-wrote the original Car Crazy Cutie. I'm led to believe that many of the songs on Little Deuce Coupe and in the end of 1963 in general were co-written by Rich.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:44:17 PM »

According to Alarian in an Add Some Music interview, he wrote some of the lyrics to "Custom Machine" and other BB tracks of the period with a similar tenor.

But then... he also, in the same interview, claimed to be singing co-lead with Brian on "Pamela Jean", a claim the session tapes totally refute.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx