gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 02:51:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate The Beach Boys' Concert
5 - 7 (11.5%)
4 - 5 (8.2%)
3 - 27 (44.3%)
2 - 15 (24.6%)
1 - 6 (9.8%)
0 - 1 (1.6%)
Total Voters: 55

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys' Concert  (Read 30010 times)
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 01:30:18 AM »

Why buy another Don't Worry Baby when you can hear Papa Oom Mow Mow?
I can't believe I said that. A live Don't Worry Baby circa 1964 would be AMAZING. I would replace the fake live I Get Around though with anything. It's so fake. they could've at least taken out the handclaps!

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Mac the Hat
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2012, 04:20:45 AM »

Ah, it ain't so bad. I've always had a soft spot for 'pasadena', JBG is good fun, and love the intro to LDC (and Al on rhythm guitar - deathly silence) I cannae give it nae more than a 2 though

I love my Carl, I love my Brian, my Dennis and my Al. I could even find it in my heart to love Mike Love

(Belle and Sebastian)
bluesno1fann
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2013, 12:31:18 AM »

Is it just me, or is In My Room just the studio track with live overdubs? Like with Fortune Teller and I've Been Loving You Too Long on Got Live If You Want It by the Rolling Stones?
scooby1970
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 05:31:17 AM »

4/5 for this one. It was the first Beach Boys live album I heard, it's full of young, raw energy, and they cover Jan & Dean's "Little Old Lady", what more could you ask for?

Smiley Mark

Long time Beach Boys fan and collector. Long time forum browser.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2013, 06:13:52 PM »

Not one of the best BB's live albums, at the same time not one of the worst.
But i've got a very suspicious feeling that at least one or two tracks are actually studio versions with live overdubs.
In any case, an interesting live document of the early BB's.
3 out of 5
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2013, 08:25:15 PM »

But i've got a very suspicious feeling that at least one or two tracks are actually studio versions with live overdubs.

That suspicion would be correct.  "I Get Around" and "Fun, Fun, Fun" are both studio re-recordings.

bluesno1fann
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2013, 08:44:04 PM »

That suspicion would be correct.  "I Get Around" and "Fun, Fun, Fun" are both studio re-recordings.
What about "In My Room"?
RiC
Smiley Smile Associate

One and Only

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 09:55:15 AM »

Played it once. Don't remember a thing about it.
Mr. Wilson
Smiley Smile Associate

Surfs up around these parts.!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2013, 05:36:06 PM »

For the time period this is a FINE LP.. And the cover was awesome for a 12 yr old boy learning to play the drums + guitar.. The Beach boys fighting against the British Invasion .. At this time BB were HUGE..!
slippingonthrough
Smiley Smile Associate

Male eagle walking down the street....

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2014, 04:10:50 PM »

The loudness of the screaming girls just ruin it for me. I would like this album more if that screaming was Live In London level.
Some Covers are good (The Wanderer, Johnny B Goode) while others are just weird (Monster Mash, Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow).

The album is good to listen to every once in a while but 2/5 for me
retrokid67
Smiley Smile Associate

Denny the Dream

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2014, 08:52:51 PM »

The loudness of the screaming girls just ruin it for me. I would like this album more if that screaming was Live In London level.
Some Covers are good (The Wanderer, Johnny B Goode) while others are just weird (Monster Mash, Papa-Oom-Mow-Mow).

The album is good to listen to every once in a while but 2/5 for me

The Wanderer is my favorite  Grin.  there's three different versions of him singing that and the one on this album is the best one (in the other ones he messed up the words and kind of sang off key  LOL)

"In this new day, change your heart.  Forgive your brother, for life is precious."

-Dennis Wilson
Rick5150
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2016, 05:30:15 AM »

I wish people would not apply today's standards of music and knowledge of the Beach Boys that was unavailable back then to judge Concert. The song selections were goofy but fun and the energy was fantastic. I love the album for what it is and the boys sounded like they were having a blast.
lordshoggoth
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2018, 12:08:31 PM »

I've begun assembling people's stories about the Sacramento Civic Memorial Auditorium shows that were used for this (and the Live in Sacramento 1964 digital release) so if there is anyone in here who was there, or who knows someone who was there, I would love to hear about it! I'm a graduate student currently living in Sac and I'm basically just trying to capture a snapshot of one night in Sacramento in 1964.

Couldn't hit a curveball for beans
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx