gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680555 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 11:27:42 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate Wild Honey
5 - 67 (39.9%)
4 - 71 (42.3%)
3 - 25 (14.9%)
2 - 3 (1.8%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 2 (1.2%)
Total Voters: 154

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wild Honey  (Read 105787 times)
beatnickle
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2015, 04:49:47 AM »

It's frustrating that they chose to remaster Smiley Smile and not Wild Honey. I would pay more money than
I should for a remastered Wild Honey ! ! !
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: September 26, 2015, 05:04:48 AM »

Wild Honey - 5/5
Aren't You Glad - 4/5
I Was Made to Love Her - 5/5
Country Air - 4/5
A Thing or Two - 3/5
Darlin' - 5/5
I'd Love Just Once to See You - 3/5
Here Comes the Night - 5/5
Let The Wind Blow - 5/5
How She Boogalooed It - 4/5
Mama Says - 5/5

Fittingly, after being shut out of the creative side on the last two albums, Mike delivers some of his best set of lyrics ever here. Very strong songwriting on the Wilson/Love front - shame the recording quality is below par.
A very good 4/5.

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
bluesno1fann
« Reply #202 on: October 21, 2015, 06:01:16 PM »

These days, I've found that Wild Honey has become my favourite Beach Boys album.... At least it's the album I go to the most by them lately
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 05, 2016, 02:17:41 PM »

A good album, but one I've always thought was widely overrated. Wild Honey, Aren't You Glad, Darlin, and I'd Love Just Once To See You are among their best songs though.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 02, 2016, 01:04:52 PM »

I love the guitar under the part where Brian is singing "remember when you baked me your pie" etc. On "I'd Love Just Once to See You".  I even love the distortion on the organ on "Country Air". I was never satisfied with the sound of this album on vinyl, and I do love vinyl, but the cd is the way to go on this one. It's just such a feel good album - and not in a stoned way as on Smiley Smile. If Brian was depressed, I sure don't hear it. People don't like "Mama Says"? What's not to like?
wingsoveramerica
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »

Been loving this album more than ever since i got the Smiley Smile/Wild Honey (1990) two-fer.

Jon G.
JL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 30, 2017, 03:01:32 PM »

I like this one a lot. Let the Wind Blow, Darlin', Wild Honey, Aren't You Glad, Here Comes the Night and I Was Made to Love Her are my favorite tracks. The latter because it just rocks, though the Stevie Wonder version is better. The thing is, and this may go against the grain, I feel that the other songs, like Country Air and I'd Love Just Once To See You are pretty but they could've been better. I still get the vibes of the stripped down, mellower brilliance of Smiley Smile, but also some of the same rushed, toss-off nature as well. Darlin' and Let the Wind Blow are two of my all time favorite BB songs, but the rest are either solid or just okay. Still good, but I prefer Friends. 3.5/5
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx