-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:29:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  AGD... it cannot be!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AGD... it cannot be!  (Read 12961 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2009, 06:42:59 AM »

Just read over on the Blueboard that AGD might have been asked not to participate in that sycophantic board's topics.

Is this true, Andrew?

Could it be that Brian Wilson has also been asked not to participate which would explain why he's never there any more?

The truth needs to be told - and I doubt we'll ever hear about the truth on the Blueboard!

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 10:16:41 AM »

Well... can't speak for Brian, but yes, that's how it is. Had a spat with some lamebrain called "Ellis" who wouldn't believe that Scotty wrote the intro to "MAD", or that "Joy To The World" is a 1997 co-production with Joe Thomas. The trenchant response to all the evidence I provided (as he... or she) requested was "do you believe everything you read ?". At which, I freely admit, I got somewhat irked, and profanely so. Very shortly thereafter I got an email requesting I not post again for a while, from MdM, but only as messenger. The request originated further up the food chain.  Grin

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:33:38 AM »

Wow.

How is it that some people will not believe anything, no matter what kind of proof or evidence is provided?

That's the type of bullsh*t I have to put up with at work. I am a supervisor at a call center for DISH Network, and my agents get calls from customers who insist that their tv not having any power is somehow our proble. Uh, if it won't turn on, that has nothing to do with us!

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 11:59:18 AM »

Sounds like alot of people there are on your side Mr. Doe. Even Adsett wrote a poem in disgust of your removal  LOL
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 12:25:01 PM »

It's a bit like reading your own obits, but without the inconvenience of actually croaking.  Roll Eyes

Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 12:30:03 PM »

Never let facts get in the way of an opinion.

The board lets you use profanity without ***'ing it out?  We can't do that here, can we?
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2009, 01:11:07 PM »

MdM said what??....oh my god.!..and then you will never believe what AGD did....and now they are saying Melinda is involved...and Ellis too...this is just all too much for me:o Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2009, 01:18:06 PM »

Never let facts get in the way of an opinion.

The board lets you use profanity without ***'ing it out?  We can't do that here, can we?

I was profane with asterisks. :-)

Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2009, 02:55:24 PM »

I was going to put my two cents in over there, I tend to love the way AGD gets snippy with people...even if its me. Sometimes I get snippy back. But the bottom line is that Andrew is always in favor of the facts being presented, he likes to learn things, he likes to share his knowledge, he's not running for most popular boy in school, he's not a spinmeister, he's not a kool-aid drinker...he has respect for the way learning, perspective, context and truth enhances our understanding of The Beach Boys and their music. I respect that. So, I logged on over there to put forth such a statement, and then it came to me...why waste my fingertips on that place. I rarely do, its better spent here.  AGD is one of the only reasons I even read posts on that board anyway. Its their loss. Keep the faith dude.
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2009, 03:07:26 PM »

so it is true...oh good grief....
This is causing quite a long thread over on the blue board.  Things cannot always be hashed out with great decorum on a message board, sometimes a ruckus will occur.......what ever happened to the male ego board, anyway......
« Last Edit: February 18, 2009, 05:44:54 PM by carlydenise » Logged

come be my redeemer...awaken me beautiful dreamer
Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 04:14:01 PM »

Frankly, actually having followed Brian online when the JT-produced "Joy to the World" actually came out, I can't believe someone would argue something so clearly factual. I mean, I have the original CD that has that credit. As I suppose AGD does.

Keep the faith.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 04:20:01 PM »

I was going to put my two cents in over there, I tend to love the way AGD gets snippy with people...even if its me. Sometimes I get snippy back. But the bottom line is that Andrew is always in favor of the facts being presented, he likes to learn things, he likes to share his knowledge, he's not running for most popular boy in school, he's not a spinmeister, he's not a kool-aid drinker...he has respect for the way learning, perspective, context and truth enhances our understanding of The Beach Boys and their music. I respect that. So, I logged on over there to put forth such a statement, and then it came to me...why waste my fingertips on that place. I rarely do, its better spent here.  AGD is one of the only reasons I even read posts on that board anyway. Its their loss. Keep the faith dude.

Well put Jon. Even if Andrew & I weren't friends, I'd still admire how he always tells the truth, like it or not, no B.S. Kinda like Simon Cowell, only with better musical taste.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Dave in KC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 04:52:53 PM »

Carlydenise, I think I remember you from The Male Ego Board. Thanks for reminding me how much I miss that place. This Board is VERY good but ME was quite unique with its cast of characters.
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »

This last ME board didn't work out very well, it ended up being overrun with spammers.  The one before this last one was the best, it was the recess playground of BB land, I never laughed so hard than I did at some of the characters on the board.  I do miss it, I come to this board more often than the others, I love this board.

Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 05:30:38 PM »

How stupid, banned after a debate, what the hell is a board for.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 07:02:14 PM »

who wouldn't believe that Scotty wrote the intro to "MAD", or that "Joy To The World" is a 1997 co-production with Joe Thomas.
One problem people over there (I very rarely post but am registered) seem to struggle with is that even if Scott wrote that portion of the tune and the lyrics, IT'S STILL GREAT and Brian still contributed. They never want to give other people credit. Yes Brian is a genius and yes he has done some mighty work on his own, but let's recognize the collaborators. The credits for MAD read "Wilson/Bennet." This is not just a problem on that board, but people need to realize that even if something is 50% Brian 50% another collaborator, it is still worth merit and shoudln't be shunned. Both sides get me a little angry: the side that deny other people collaborations and the side that say this is just another sham "Brian is Back" campaign. It makes me wanna scream...

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
Howie Edelson
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 07:49:54 PM »

Andrew -- stick to these waters.
Pearls before swine.
It's like a really uninteresting, uncomfortable, and unsettling ongoing issue of TIGER BEAT over there.

Howie
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 12:13:22 AM »

who wouldn't believe that Scotty wrote the intro to "MAD", or that "Joy To The World" is a 1997 co-production with Joe Thomas.
One problem people over there (I very rarely post but am registered) seem to struggle with is that even if Scott wrote that portion of the tune and the lyrics, IT'S STILL GREAT and Brian still contributed. They never want to give other people credit. Yes Brian is a genius and yes he has done some mighty work on his own, but let's recognize the collaborators. The credits for MAD read "Wilson/Bennet." This is not just a problem on that board, but people need to realize that even if something is 50% Brian 50% another collaborator, it is still worth merit and shoudln't be shunned. Both sides get me a little angry: the side that deny other people collaborations and the side that say this is just another sham "Brian is Back" campaign. It makes me wanna scream...
Me too, bro. Beach Boys World seems full of these weird simplifications for some reason.
the brightonian darkside

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 02:08:48 AM »

i find m'self whirling in circles,
faint 'duh-deh duh-deh, duh-deh duh-deh...' music envelops me;
i'm sucked into a black, black, triple black hole
and spat out into glaring, er, blackness!

'crikey
- i'm only a lurker,
i'm out of my depth and dimension'
i'm about to say...
but, gee, this must be some sort of afterlife,
for i see a light,
a blinding white on grey light it may be,
but it's a light.
and there is life
- much of it looks like vaguely familiar flotsam and jetsam...

oh, blimey
- i've fallen into the smiley smile board!
that's what eventually comes of taking hidden vicarious pleasure.
one topples in  the end!
well, at least it ain't male egoland.
i'd be sloshing around in far too much testosterone .

it took the agd affair
to cause me to lose my balance.

oh -wrightfan,
it ain't poetry.
it's the way i write.

cheers y'all

(lummy
- last night i bounced like a dambuster's bomb...
first post and not posted!
seems filter here is more extreme than over in onceblueland...so - try again.
if it don't work,
i've had it here.)
Loaf
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 03:49:05 AM »

Next thing you know, they'll dispute Bruce Johnston had any input on Deirdre.
Shamoo

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 06:03:30 AM »

Did they totally lose their minds at the Blueboard!?  Banning a BB historian and the most interesting poster of all.
Now, all they have left is a bunch of louts like me.  Like banning Mick from the Stones. Well, Obama did promise change. Cool Guy
carlydenise
Smiley Smile Associate

Heaven

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 11:09:38 AM »

The louts are usually the comic relief, which could use some more of on the board. 

Alf64
Smiley Smile Associate

I have a License To Quill

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »

I guess what goes around, comes around AGD. Remember you banning me on the BBB board? Obviously that was a misunderstanding. I have cleared it up with her. However you didn't allow me back to that board. Gotta love karma.

Anything I EVER post anywhere is with using manners no foul language. ( check you logs on the BBB board if you don't believe me)That would be rather childish since we are all adults. Regardless of how knowledgeable you are on The Beach Boys history, you should also show respect and be polite to others.  There is a polite way to be angry.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 03:14:38 PM by Alf64 » Logged
oldsurferdude
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 07:44:31 PM »

I guess what goes around, comes around AGD. Remember you banning me on the BBB board? Obviously that was a misunderstanding. I have cleared it up with her. However you didn't allow me back to that board. Gotta love karma.

Anything I EVER post anywhere is with using manners no foul language. ( check you logs on the BBB board if you don't believe me)That would be rather childish since we are all adults. Regardless of how knowledgeable you are on The Beach Boys history, you should also show respect and be polite to others.  There is a polite way to be angry.
Polite is not a valid word in the agd vocabulary bank. Mr. "how dare you have your own opinion!" has been properly "dealt with". LOL LOL LOL
Mark A. Moore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 07:46:56 PM »

Wildly entertaining !!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: