gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680754 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:33:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buffalo Springfield drummer Dewey Martin dies  (Read 3687 times)
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2009, 06:16:10 AM »

http://www.uncut.co.uk/music/buffalo_springfield/special_features/12743

Sad

One of my favourite bands, shared the bill with the Beach Boys a couple of times didn't they?

JimC1702
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 06:31:16 AM »

Rock 'n Roll Heaven is getting crowded.  Seems like a larger than average number of musicians have died in the past year.

"Beautiful...beautiful...now it sounds like jewelry.........here we go"
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »

I haven't followed the BS reunion......what does this do to that?
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 05:22:55 AM »

I haven't followed the BS reunion......what does this do to that?
Well I don't think a reunion was ever in the works of late. It never got as far as this (from the Uncut article): On the song “Buffalo Springfield Again”, from his Silver & Gold album [2000], Young sang of how he’d “Like to see those guys again/And give it another shot.”

Young's always busy, he's finally got his "Archives" boxset lined up, as well as a new album with Crazy Horse, and Stills is working on a new covers album with Crosby and Nash (Rick Rubin's producing, from what I've heard it may even include a Beach Boys tune). Richie Furay's a pastor these days and occasionally records new music himself.

So like it says, with Palmer and Martin both gone now, the book's closed permanently.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 12:29:15 AM »

That's not true. They could always get another drummer.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2009, 08:53:15 AM »

It was already unlikely because Bruce Palmer is dead too- and Neil Young had a strong attachment to Bruce.  He liked Jim Messina-but never really accepted him in place of Bruce (Bruce had a number of problems in the 60s and was in and out of the Springfield-as was Neil-on the last big Apr 68 tour with the BBs-Bruce was gone and Jim Messina played) By the way the BS played with the BBs on the Nov 67 Thanksgiving tour, a short Pacific Northwest tour in early 68 and the Apr 68 tour (mostly of the South).  During these tours Neil developed something of a friendship with Dennis
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx