gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:28:41 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Horrible Songs By Horrible (Or Not So Great) Artists  (Read 14332 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2013, 10:03:00 AM »

Modern Folk Quartet - This Could Be the Night (though Brian's v-n was fairly fine)
The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown (just no)

This is a tragedy.
Agreed, both are american classics.

Thirded.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
halblaineisgood
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2013, 02:08:31 PM »

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:33:08 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
lance
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2013, 04:06:46 PM »

You think Brian Wilson is a horiible(or not so great) artist?
GuyOnTheBeach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2013, 04:22:47 PM »

Whitney Houston: 'I Will Always Love You'

What I dislike about this is the fact that the general public seem to be unaware that this is actually a Dolly Parton song, not only that but the original message of the song was killed in the context of that god-awful film.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2013, 05:44:45 PM »

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 04:33:47 PM by halblaineisgood » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2013, 02:57:34 PM »

The 1st that came to mind:

Culture Club - Karma Chameleon (I like the voice of the lead singer, it's stylish in its own way, however, that's not enough for liking the band)
Engelbert Humperdinck - Red Roses for My Lady (can't believe that his boring "Release Me" won over Beatles song)
Modern Folk Quartet - This Could Be the Night (though Brian's v-n was fairly fine)
Radio Stars - Dirty Pictures
Chris Bell - I am the Cosmos
Lada Edmund-Jr. - The Larue (I know that she's not a singer at the 1st place, but I very disliked that ditty immediately)
The Cardigans - Lovefool
Chris De Burgh - The Lady in Red
Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight (incredibly boring)
Bonnie Tyler - A Rockin' Good Way
The Everly Brothers - Cathy's Clown (just no)
Los Lobos - La Bamba
Fool's Garden - Lemon Tree
Ace of Base - It's a Beautiful Life

I would also add any songs by Britney Spears, James Blunt (I very much hate his voice!), Black Eyed Peas, Christina Aguilera & already mentioned Aqua which were/are frequently played on the radio. And many other 80s/2000s songs by various 1-star artists.

Re Macarena: I first heard it when we danced to it in the kindergarten, at around 5-6 years old. It was a real fun & we were very stylishly dressed. So the song brings at least nice memories. Even if now I don't consider it as any good than then. The girl's & guy's repetitive vocs are horrendous.

I love the Cardigans Sad

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2015, 12:04:36 AM »

Lou Bega, Mambo No.5. was played way too many times in the late 90s-early 2000s. I fain forgot it. Then I hear it today on the radio - 'thanks', whoever you are.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2015, 03:48:54 AM »

Mariah Carey: everything

LOL

In fact, every vocalist who splashes melismata in all directions for no good reason. 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2015, 03:57:17 AM »

Mariah Carey: everything

LOL

In fact, every vocalist who splashes melismata in all directions for no good reason. 

Whitney Houston too.
KDS
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 05:13:51 AM »

Horrible Songs by Horrible (Or Not So Great) Artists??

Put on top 40 radio today , and this list fills up quickly. 

Here's a few recent earworms

MacLemore - Downtown - Wasn't rapping about a thrift shop enough?

Ariana Grande - She just put out an awful song where she oversings which sounds just like the horrible song where she oversings that came out last summer. 

5th Harmony - Worth It - For anyone who thought that The Spice Girls were annoying. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2016, 11:27:35 PM »

Good catch. It ruins a what could be decent song & performance. hint: Christina Aguilera. Mariah & Whitney are nothing in compare.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #36 on: January 04, 2016, 05:18:33 AM »

Good catch. It ruins a what could be decent song & performance. hint: Christina Aguilera. Mariah & Whitney are nothing in compare.

Add Kelly Clarkson to that list.  Last month I kept hearing a version of her singing Run Run Rudolph that was absolutely dreadful. 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2018, 08:55:19 AM »

"Agadoo", Sagarossa (Saragossa?) Band (idiocy)
"Abracadabra", Steve Miller (tedious)
"Everything I Do", Bryan Adams (forget Bruce Johnston)
Anything by Modern Talking (it's funnily super popular band with people here)
"Paradise", Phoebe Cates (cheesy)
"Venus", Shocking Blue (chaps in Beatles.ru get real crazy about this song/ the main singer)
"YMCA", Village People (dumb)

beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

Gen X'er "Living in the Past"

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2018, 07:43:51 PM »

Anything sung by Gwen Stefani . If you don't mind the synesthetic description, her voice sounds like wobbly caramel to me. Which isn't a good sound  Tongue

"Star bright, star light,
Make this wish come true tonight..."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »

I actually really liked her....until she went solo. I miss her vibrato...

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2018, 07:56:44 PM »

Oh and "wobbly caramel" either sounds like a punk band or a rather sketchy sex game LOL

beachcat
Smiley Smile Associate

Gen X'er "Living in the Past"

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2018, 08:53:15 PM »

Oh and "wobbly caramel" either sounds like a punk band or a rather sketchy sex game LOL

Sitting at my computer laughing at this. LOL  Really, I just lack the music jargon to be able to describe exactly what quality it is I don't like about her voice, so wobbly caramel it is.

"Star bright, star light,
Make this wish come true tonight..."
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2018, 09:09:23 PM »

LOL No worries. I used to dig her voice, but right around 2001 she lost the quirkiness about her voice that I love. Actually I had quite a bit of vibrato to my voice before my first stroke 7 years ago, had to relearn how to sing again and for some reason now at the age of 40 I sound better than I have since, oh, I dunno, maybe 20?

NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 25, 2018, 04:52:51 AM »

Absolutely. Particularly with the U.S. National Anthem. Just sing the dang thing!

I had a musician friend who, finding out that he and his wife were going to have a daughter, said that he was thinking of naming her "Melisma." Thankfully they reconsidered : -)

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 26, 2018, 02:04:18 AM »

Bad Things by Machine Gun Kelly and Camilla the Chicken...I mean Camilla Cabello
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpbQ4I3Eidg
Centuries by Fall Out Boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBr7kECsjcQ

I don't usually pay attention to top 40 pop, it's mostly crap but usually only mildly annoying. I do get miffed when a sample of a classic song is used as the hook or the chorus in a new song that is clearly inferior. Add a sparkle to a turd and it's still a turd. Hearing those two abominations just makes me want to blast the original songs they sampled.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx