gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681556 Posts in 27642 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 13, 2024, 05:31:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2004 Beach Boys documentary  (Read 6306 times)
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2009, 06:37:46 PM »

Had the chance to watch the whole doco today. Great to watch but I still prefer my EH DVD. The line 'welcome to the world of the Beach Boys' followed by the interpretations on the 'Surfin USA' lyric is classic. No mention of David, Blondie or Ricky but good mention of the various BB factions and legal issues. VDP's and Manson well covered too. A mix of EH and this doco with extended tracks would be perfect.

BTW. Is it a contract requirement that when discussing the Beach Boys on camera, the interviewee must wear a loud Hawaiian shirt?

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2009, 12:51:32 AM »

Speaking of documentaries: In a couple of weeks, late February, there will be a docu on Dutch television on the making of the Holland LP. Not sure what they'll show, and who they've interviewed but nonetheless, I can't wait for this broadcast.
And for those who can't receive Dutch TV-channels: it will probably be archived on the channel's website, so anyone should be able to watch it afterwards.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
8o8o
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2009, 01:17:27 AM »

Speaking of documentaries: In a couple of weeks, late February, there will be a docu on Dutch television on the making of the Holland LP. Not sure what they'll show, and who they've interviewed but nonetheless, I can't wait for this broadcast.
And for those who can't receive Dutch TV-channels: it will probably be archived on the channel's website, so anyone should be able to watch it afterwards.
Thanks, didn't know this! I'll keep an eye out. Sounds very promising. Will it be on "Het Uur van de Wolf" (or something similar)?
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2009, 01:59:54 AM »

Thanks, didn't know this! I'll keep an eye out. Sounds very promising. Will it be on "Het Uur van de Wolf" (or something similar)?

No, it's on "Andere Tijden", a VPRO broadcast. If there's any update (exact date, time, etc.) on this docu I'll let you all know.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
Exapno Mapcase
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2009, 10:17:55 AM »

Thought the BBC documentary was poor on, and somewhat dismissive of, the post-SMiLE stuff, but very good on the earlier days.

Honk! Honk!
GuyO
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2009, 07:56:50 AM »

[/quote]

No, it's on "Andere Tijden", a VPRO broadcast. If there's any update (exact date, time, etc.) on this docu I'll let you all know.
[/quote]

The BB docu on "Holland" will be broadcast on Feb 19. Jack Rieley and Blondie Chaplin were inteviewed for this.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »

[/quote]

The BB docu on "Holland" will be broadcast on Feb 19. Jack Rieley and Blondie Chaplin were inteviewed for this.
[/quote]

Thanks. This should be interesting. I do hope they have some older footage of the other boys as well. I've seen late 70ies and early 80ies footage of both Mike and Carl commenting on their stay in Holland. But Blondie Chaplin and Jack Rieley is good to start with. Can't wait.

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx