gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
681471 Posts in 27637 Topics by 4082 Members - Latest Member: briansclub June 07, 2024, 08:38:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: OT - To Mark Linett and Alan Boyd - DAT Tapes  (Read 946 times)
petsite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2009, 03:30:23 PM »

So I am finally rearanging my home office, get things back on the shelves after Hurricane Ike, and decide (once it was plugged in again) to punch up a DAT tape. Well, my DAT recorder had bit the big one. Opened it up and the circuit board was fried. So I decided to buy a new one (the other was over 15 years old).

And SOB - they don't sell them anymore, except used. I found one or two "professional" outlets that have them, for exhorbadant prices. But nothing in the range I paid for this (it was a Sony that cost around $600.00 new). So my question is, when did these become the digital equlvalent of the 8 track. And is everything mastered now on CD?

Bob
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 03:38:50 PM by petsite » Logged
PhilCohen
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:21:59 PM »

So I am finally rearanging my home office, get things back on the shelves after Hurricane Ike, and decide (once it was plugged in again) to punch up a DAT tape. Well, my DAT recorder had bit the big one. Opened it up and the circuit board was fried. So I decided to buy a new one (the other was over 15 years old).

And SOB - they don't sell them anymore, except used. I found one or two "professional" outlets that have them, for exhorbadant prices. But nothing in the range I paid for this (it was a Sony that cost around $600.00 new). So my question is, when did these become the digital equlvalent of the 8 track. And is everything mastered now on CD?

Bob

Consumer DAT machines(except portable units) are no longer made, but professional rack mount units are still made.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx