gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680599 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:36:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Love You mixdown  (Read 8292 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2009, 08:58:48 PM »

I think all babies like birthday cake though...

My wife is pregnant and I like playing Love You (on vinyl, of course) to the bump. I imagine the synth sound waves doing good things to the foetus' brain.

Did that when my wife was preggers with Jaymie (her in the avatar !) except we used Adult/Child.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2009, 10:21:46 PM »

I think the mix is pretty unbalanced. The farting bass lines are way too loud. Brian always has to have someone mix for him as he cannot hear stereo. So the last time he really did one himself is the last Beach Boys mono mix probably Break Away.

Breakaway was stereo. I think (don't hold me to this) that the last mono Brian-monitored mixdown was probably Friends.
I know the 45 of Cottonfields is mono but Brian only sings on that. Desper was able to pipe things to Brian in mono at least through 1971 so I assumed Break Away was the last mono Brian master.  Is the original 45 in stereo?
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2009, 05:24:19 AM »

I think the mix is pretty unbalanced. The farting bass lines are way too loud. Brian always has to have someone mix for him as he cannot hear stereo. So the last time he really did one himself is the last Beach Boys mono mix probably Break Away.

Breakaway was stereo. I think (don't hold me to this) that the last mono Brian-monitored mixdown was probably Friends.
I know the 45 of Cottonfields is mono but Brian only sings on that. Desper was able to pipe things to Brian in mono at least through 1971 so I assumed Break Away was the last mono Brian master.  Is the original 45 in stereo?

Yes, it is stereo.
MBE
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2009, 05:34:52 AM »

Ok thanks.
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 10:08:59 AM »

hey all

is this the pre-carl, brian mixes?

http://www.discogs.com/Brian-Wilson-Brian-Loves-You/release/4168639
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2015, 11:06:05 AM »

No, that's the session at Brother when Brian presents his new material to other band members (except A1,  A5 and B6). The original BW mixes for Love You are out there, but they take some finding.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
chaki
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2015, 11:35:01 AM »

thanks AGD, I'll keep looking damnit!!!!!
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2015, 05:52:40 PM »

They're on the Oh, Brother bootleg.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Camus
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2015, 11:49:36 PM »

I much prefer the earlier mix of Mona. Never understood why the saxes were virtually mixed out for the released version.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2015, 11:58:50 PM »

I much prefer the earlier mix of Mona. Never understood why the saxes were virtually mixed out for the released version.
I like the bells in the early version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7YhpFHu5g

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
phirnis
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2015, 02:14:03 AM »

Talking about alternate takes of Brian's '76-'78 material, I just stumbled upon this earlier (?) mix of Pitter Patter. To me it sounds much better than the finished version that ended up on the M.I.U. Album, which sounds "polished to death" in comparison. Love the little instrumental addition towards the end here (synth?), wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Brian's idea, it's very reminiscent of some of his other late-70s work like Do Ya or It's Like Heaven.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LodEYRudNqc
doc smiley
Smiley Smile Associate

Timeless pounds the livin' daylights outta trendy

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »

Talking about alternate takes of Brian's '76-'78 material, I just stumbled upon this earlier (?) mix of Pitter Patter. To me it sounds much better than the finished version that ended up on the M.I.U. Album, which sounds "polished to death" in comparison. Love the little instrumental addition towards the end here (synth?), wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Brian's idea, it's very reminiscent of some of his other late-70s work like Do Ya or It's Like Heaven.

wow... that does improve it ... quite a bit!  released was "Polished to Death" yeah I see that now :-)

"A voice or a song can be so comforting to someone who really needs it."
..................................Brian Wilson, 1990
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2015, 10:34:05 AM »

I know this was mentioned, like, six years ago, but are we SURE that "Honkin' Down The Highway" was recorded in early '76?? It sure sounds like the rest of the album, what with the obvious drum machine and the farting synths. Is it possible that in early 1976 it was a DIFFERENT version, and what ended up on the album was a re-recording??

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2015, 01:14:28 PM »

Very nice.  I had always liked this song but the pitter patter parts made them sound like a bunch of weenies.   this is less weenie like and more manly     They should release this version.  Maybe add some more thunder and lightning sounds to the mix
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2015, 05:40:06 PM »

Very nice.  I had always liked this song but the pitter patter parts made them sound like a bunch of weenies.   this is less weenie like and more manly     They should release this version.  Maybe add some more thunder and lightning sounds to the mix

Disagree. Far too much luHvster on this version. Sounds like he slipped someone a few(and I mean few) bucks to make him more prominent. The released version always had the swag to be a potential single.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx