gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 08:36:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Carolyn Williams  (Read 8982 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: January 20, 2009, 01:41:12 PM »

Something I've always wondered...

What happened to Carolyn Williams after Landy took over? Did she ever talk about her time with Brian, and where is she now?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 02:07:29 PM »

BTW, can anyone post a photo of Carolyn Williams? I don't think I've seen one before, not even in the WIBN "autobio". Same with Debbie Keil.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
MBE
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »

Carolyn would be at the top of my list as to people I would like to see interviewed or to interview myself. I am sure she has a lot of unique memories of the Beach Boys during the fascinatingly frustrating 79-82 period. This isn't because I want dirt, I just think she would have stories that she alone remembers or knows.
Jason
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 04:19:02 PM »

Well, we all know Brian was ready to run away with and marry her. That's in a ton of books. I think if she was smart she'd probably keep quiet since we all know how sue-happy the band is. Smiley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 04:19:18 PM »

She prolly got her nursing degree

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 04:23:01 PM »

I'll bet she could tell some stories...how could there not be any interviews with this woman out there?  I thought she made quite the fuss upon Brian's return from Hawaii in '83, so you would think there would be at least some press from that time.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2009, 04:25:44 PM »

From reading Carlin's book, I got the impression he had interviewed her.  For instance, the story of how Landy mailed her a half-smoked joint.
Jason
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 04:26:16 PM »

I'll bet she could tell some stories...how could there not be any interviews with this woman out there?  I thought she made quite the fuss upon Brian's return from Hawaii in '83, so you would think there would be at least some press from that time.

I believe there was some fuss in '82 when Brian was "kidnapped" by Landy. I'm sure there's some press.
TdHabib
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 04:47:03 PM »

BTW, can anyone post a photo of Carolyn Williams? I don't think I've seen one before, not even in the WIBN "autobio". Same with Debbie Keil.
There's a picture of Keil in Heroes and Villains, she's quite beautiful.

I like the Beatles a bit more than the Boys of Beach, I think Brian's band is the tops---really amazing. And finally, I'm liberal. That's it.
MBE
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 04:50:36 PM »

Well, we all know Brian was ready to run away with and marry her. That's in a ton of books. I think if she was smart she'd probably keep quiet since we all know how sue-happy the band is. Smiley

I would think maybe Gaines talked to her, but I don't recall any quotes in there. He was the first to really get into their story though. Whatever else can be said about the period, Brian seemed to be getting along with the Beach Boys pretty well until maybe the Greek Theatre incident. Spending time with Mike in Santa Barbra in 1980, the sessions at Al's barn, showing up for some of Carl's L.A. shows. Of course the sessions with Dennis. His mindset seemed group oriented. On Les Chan's tape he even talks about his dislike of groups spliting and doing solo work.

Yes Debbie was pretty, she's a very nice person too.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 05:45:03 PM »

I'm assuming you've met her. Do you have any interesting stories to share without jeapordizing your relationship, if any, with her?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 05:54:05 PM »

Was Carolyn Williams the african american women?

Or am I thinking of someone else, it's hard to keep track haha

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 06:00:57 PM »

Was Carolyn Williams the african american women?

Or am I thinking of someone else, it's hard to keep track haha

Yes you're thinking of the right person.
Jon Stebbins
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 07:50:21 PM »

I'm assuming you've met her. Do you have any interesting stories to share without jeapordizing your relationship, if any, with her?
Debbie was at one of my Chez Jay's events, I cant remember if it was the Real Beach Boy book launch in 2000 or the DW Bash in 2003, but she was at one or the other...and yes she was very nice, still blond and thin, and she seemed to have good memories about Dennis.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »

Carolyn would be at the top of my list as to people I would like to see interviewed or to interview myself. I am sure she has a lot of unique memories of the Beach Boys during the fascinatingly frustrating 79-82 period. This isn't because I want dirt, I just think she would have stories that she alone remembers or knows.

i remember reading that she was good with her hands.....  Evil

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2009, 07:57:01 PM »

I seems to remember reading a semi racist comment that Al Jardine *supposedly* said about Carolyn Williams. It would probably be better for everybody involved if she just kept quiet. In the same way that it would probably be better if Marilyn(I don't think I spelled it right) didn't write a book about Brian. Both stories would make great books, but they'd also cause more controversy than it's worth.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2009, 08:42:04 PM »

I seems to remember reading a semi racist comment that Al Jardine *supposedly* said about Carolyn Williams.

That was in Brian's "autobiography," thus I wouldn't really put much stock in it.  You may be right, whatever stories she may have probably aren't the most flattering to Brian, so keeping quiet might be the best idea after all.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2009, 08:45:33 PM »

i remember reading that she was good with her hands
LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
MBE
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2009, 09:47:44 PM »

I interviewed her for my book. Most of it will have to remain a surprise, but I can tell you that she has a balanced perspective and some real insights on Brian and the boys from 69-82. She was and is a fan so she had a number of interesting music stories.
MBE
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2009, 09:56:38 PM »

Well it depends what the interviewer asks. Marilyn has given us some real insight into Brian we otherwise would never have. I think Carolyn Williams could really provide some interesting stories about where Brian and the group was at. I wouldn't want to see a book on the time really because the publishers would probably go for the dirt, but if she was asked about Brian's recording sessions, concert performances, his colaberations with the Beach Boys, we could find out a lot of great stuff. I don't know her or what she is like but it doesn't seem like she has said a word about the Beach Boys since 83 so I wouldn't say she was a gold digger.
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2009, 06:27:37 AM »

I've read bits and pieces about Carolyn Williams.  I was left with the impression that Brian had a peculiar relationship with her, that Brian may have been delusional enough to regard her as his Ronnie Spector, that she might have enjoyed the money if not the relationship, and that the BeachBoys were embarrassed by the whole scene.
Is she still alive?
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx