gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680773 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 01:59:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate The String Quartet Tribute to the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds
5 - 1 (50%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (50%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The String Quartet Tribute to the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds  (Read 7612 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2006, 07:43:44 AM »

Discuss, review and rate The String Quartet Tribute to the Beach Boys' Pet Sounds, released Feb 15, 2005.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2006, 08:50:22 PM »

i picked this up yesterday, a rare find in indy...I came expecting this to be like the other string trib i own for OK Computer....this is a bit different..i wasnt expecting percussion, but i guess they needed some for some reason. All in all it sounds good....thats not me, im waiting for the day, here today are the highlights. it's awesome that they pput trains/dogs at the end of caroline no!  for some reason hang on to your ego is added as a bonus, it has some different percussion techniques with it...it has some wierd voice/synth added on...i like the album, prolly wouldnt listen to it too much...good to have if you're a completist

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
myonlysunshine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 07:06:59 AM »

I highly recommend this album. As a tribute album, it is by no means essential but it makes for some nice, relaxing afternoon listening. The best tracks IMO are Wouldn't It Be Nice, You Still Believe in Me, God Only Knows, Pet Sounds, and Here Today. The album is on Spotify if anyone wants to check it out.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx