gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 07:54:51 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Starting off the new year right...with some obscure Beach Boys!  (Read 3320 times)
chrismooremusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2009, 08:10:58 AM »

All right, I'm hoping not to get laughed off the forum here...

Anyone interested in hearing a good "Livin' With A Heartache" (Eighties Beach Boys) cover, click here:

http://laptopsessions.com/archives/902

Love that song!!

whichonespink
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 10:31:59 AM »

Great stuff!

I always wondered what the chords were to LWAH, but could never be bothered to look; now I don't need to  Cheesy

I particularly liked when the two of you hit what looks like an E7, it sounds like a sample of the original somehow!

Keep up the good work  Grin

EDIT: Just listened to your other BB covers, they're awesome, Disney Girls (1957) is amazing, you really got Bruce's voice for that one!
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 10:49:36 AM by whichonespink » Logged
chrismooremusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:56:11 PM »

Thanks for watching!  I'm glad you liked the videos.  They're first and foremost the handiwork of my friend Jim (the one on the left singing lead).

Take care!

Lady
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 06:54:39 AM »

While I’m guilty of loving all things Carl just because it’s Carl and I admired him so much, I genuinely like your rendition of the song.

In an interview, Carl said that he and Randy Bachman, co-writer of “Livin’ With a Heartache”, got together back then and wrote five songs in two days.  That's prolific.

Really nice job!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx