gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680749 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:07:31 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate  Wouldn't It Be Nice: A Jazz Portrait of Brian Wilson
5 - 2 (22.2%)
4 - 1 (11.1%)
3 - 5 (55.6%)
2 - 1 (11.1%)
1 - 0 (0%)
0 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Nice: A Jazz Portrait of Brian Wilson  (Read 9812 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2006, 07:15:25 AM »

Discuss, rate and review Wouldn't It Be Nice: A Jazz Portrait of Brian Wilson, released Aug 12, 1997.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Don't Back Down
Smiley Smile Associate

shoo-be-do-ba

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2006, 12:08:31 PM »

I was at my Uncle's house, and he had this on and heard the melody to "Warmth of the Sun", he let me borrow it and it's decent. Although it would have been awesome if Brian did the jazz arrangements, I'd still love to see him do some jazz arrangements. Highlights: I enjoyed the Clarks Burroughs Group's versions the best. Especially their "Cabinessence" and "Surf's Up" Don Grusin's piano Surfer Girl is one of my favorites, I wish it was longer.The Elements' Till I Die is great, and the instrumental "I Just Wasn't Made For These Times" is my favorite version of that song I believe.

Although good, it could have been so much better. I give it a 3.

Moon shines bright, asleep in my bed, like so many people got a big day ahead of me
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2006, 08:41:33 AM »

Some of this is great - I would love to have heard the Clark Burroughs Group do more than just snippets of songs - but it some of it is close to cheesy listening, especially the title track which is truly massacred!
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »

the vocal stuff is great...the others....put me to sleep

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Dudd
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 02:12:26 AM »

I don't have much interest in most of it, but the Clark Burroughs stuff is AMAZING. I especially adore their version of Can't Wait Too Long, and I wish they'd showed up more.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 02:16:53 AM by Judd » Logged

Quote from: Brian Wilson
It’s going to be the greatest tribute album ever made.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx