gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680855 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 04:46:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: do you think any of the beach boys think they're owed an apology?  (Read 2759 times)
Runaways
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2010, 09:35:24 AM »

so i was thinking about all the conflicts the boys have had over the years.  Brian seems against the reunion (to the media anyway), mike says everything is peachy between them.

i've wondered if brian holds anything against them (mike) for how he was treated over the years.  and in a weird way, i wonder if mike thinks brian abandoned them. 

Wirestone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 10:31:07 AM »

Brian has been pretty consistently opposed to a reunion since Carl's death. Before that, despite all sorts of problems, he always would talk about producing an album with the group. It seemed important to him.

I don't know if he wants an apology -- Brian seems pretty quick to forgive -- but I don't think he feels the need to reunite particularly urgently.

I think Mike holds some resentment against Brian, for exactly the reasons you stated. Mike is a working class guy -- all of the guys were -- and Brian's fragility has often been considered laziness or weakness.
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2010, 01:07:22 PM »

I don't think they feel that they're owed an apology, I would imagine everybody involved has probably apologized until they were blue in the face.  I think some people in life you really love and care about, but that doesn't mean that you want to be around them all the time. 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 01:17:41 PM »

I think Al owes the rest of them an apology for problems recently but I suppose they all owe each other many apologies.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 09:45:43 PM »

I think Al owes the rest of them an apology for problems recently but I suppose they all owe each other many apologies.
Al Jardine, a longtime (founding) member, is kicked out of the group by Mike when Carl dies. Al then spends years fighting for HIS RIGHT to a part of The Beach Boys's name, but he's the one who has to apologise? Hmmm....

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 01:20:06 AM »

Al Jardine, a longtime (founding) member, is kicked out of the group by Mike when Carl dies. Al then spends years fighting for HIS RIGHT to a part of The Beach Boys's name, but he's the one who has to apologise? Hmmm....
My thoughts exactly, Jay.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 07:36:15 AM »

If that's what happened then no, I don't think that is what happened. Al is still a full member of the Beach Boys as far as I know and it is more like all Al needed to do was live up to his own agreements with his bandmates and their families and for not doing that he owes an apology.

I neglected to add Mike who owes recent apologies to Brian over that British insert disc.  But, as I said, it is just one of the latest in recent apologies owed. I'm sure Al is owed apologies for numerous other things just as he owes apologies for this and other things. You can't be in an association for 50 years without intentionally or unintensionally hurting someone's feelings I don't suppose. 

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 08:22:25 AM »

Who's to say they haven't all apologized last night on the telephone? 
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »

Who's to say they haven't all apologized last night on the telephone? 

Not me.

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »

They are all still waiting for an apology from Murray.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 01:27:43 AM »

They are all still waiting for an apology from Murray.

You owe the BBs a great big apology for calling their first manager 'Murray'. Should you ever name the wife of said manager 'Audrey', you'll get a lifelong ban here. Apologies won't help then any more, mr Magik Transister Raydio!

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
PongHit
Smiley Smile Associate

AVOID MISSING BALL FOR HIGH SCORE • JeffWinner.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 08:08:07 AM »

I'm waiting for the day when... people will spell Murry correctly.

''Only more damage can arise from this temporary, fleeting image of success known as The Beach Boys.''
—MURRY WILSON

''People are thinking Mike Love is crazy.''
—MIKE LOVE

''Mike Love? He's Crazy.''
—BRIAN WILSON
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:14 PM »

It's Bill Murray that keeps tricking us!

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2010, 12:20:13 AM »

It's Bill Murray that keeps tricking us!

Thank you very much. Now I will hear 'I Got You Babe' in my head for the next month.

You know what you can?

Lip My Stocking!

Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2010, 06:08:15 AM »

Then Murry's father should apologize for spelling it wrong. And Sonny and Cher should apologize for that song mentioned above.

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2010, 06:24:55 AM »

Then Murry's father should apologize for spelling it wrong. And Sonny and Cher should apologize for that song mentioned above.

Murry's father was, by all accounts, not the man to meekly apologize.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx