gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 08:31:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Poll
Question: Rate A Tribute to Brian Wilson (Cameron Michael Parkes)
5 - 6 (66.7%)
4 - 1 (11.1%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 1 (11.1%)
0 - 1 (11.1%)
Total Voters: 9

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: A Tribute to Brian Wilson (Cameron Michael Parkes)  (Read 13857 times)
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« on: February 11, 2006, 07:08:35 AM »

Discuss, review and rate A Tribute to Brian Wilson (Cameron Michael Parkes), released Nov 23, 2004.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 02:32:19 PM »

My Favorite Brian Wilson tribute! It is grand! I love the whole album...
the spirit of rock and roll sounds better than ever with the be my baby backing track...
Number One sounds unlike the released version and sounds like something youd drive to in the middle of the night...
i love hearing i wanna pick you up paired with Everything I need...
solar system sounds better than the love you version....good stuff

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Mark A. Moore
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 04:26:37 PM »

I love this album, too . . . fantastic vocals.

Cameron and I are now working solidly on the Jan Berry / Jan & Dean album. This time around, we'll have really meaty instrumental tracks . . . with loads of brass, woodwinds, and strings . . . and rocking percussion.

I think most people will dig Cameron's vocals on this one, as well . . . and we'll be offering up a heavy dose of Carnival of Sound . . . all from the original music scores.

M.

Amazing Larry
Smiley Smile Associate

There's a new daddy in town...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 12:56:04 AM »

Damn trolls

A discipline daddy.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 02:49:07 AM »

Damn trolls

yoyohhh the troll has been removed as are all of his not-so-worthy contributions to the board of the last few hours...

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 10:17:40 PM »

who was considered the trolls?

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2010, 12:18:50 AM »

yoyohhh the troll has been removed as are all of his not-so-worthy contributions to the board of the last few hours...

who was considered the trolls?

I guess that would be "yoyohhh" then?  Roll Eyes

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 11:56:08 AM »

oh, i'm sorry, i was just reading out of context, I thought you were getting our attention yelling yoyo or something  Razz

~post of the century~
-Mikie

Vernon Surfer
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't fight the sea

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 11:42:38 PM »

Agree. This is a great cd full of great arrangements to some of Brian's fairly obscure compositions.

Make waves, not love
Madison Aya
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 08:56:48 AM »

The organizers behind Brian Fest — the Best Fest — have also organized tributes honoring Bob Dylan, Tom Petty and the Rolling Stones (each with "Fest" in the name). Last year, they put together George Fest in honor of George Harrison. That concert includes appearances by Wilson, "Weird Al" Yankovic and Conan O'Brien, who all performed a mix of Harrison solo tunes and Beatles classics.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx