gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 10:44:00 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling all musicians!  (Read 2690 times)
chrismooremusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 29, 2008, 07:09:20 PM »

Hi everyone -- I wish you all a happy new year!  It's been a while since I've posted on the Smiley Smile message board, as the holidays are in full swing.  But I'd like to pass this message on to all musicians on the board who like playing covers, Beach Boys or otherwise.

Here it is:

Be a guest performer on the Laptop Sessions and have your video seen by hundreds - even thousands - of people!  It's a simple, 2-step process... 

First, record a cover song music video (choose any cover!) and post it on YouTube.com. 

Second, send an email to admin@laptopsessions.com with: 

- the link to your YouTube cover video
- a written description of your video (info about the song, why you recorded it, etc.)
- your contact info

Jim, Chris, and Jeff will choose one video each week, to be posted on Friday.  Don't wait -- submit your Laptop Session today!!

** Please, no more than two (2) submissions per week. **

We're looking forward to including new faces and interpretations!

Take care,

-Chris

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 09:27:20 AM »

Is this a competition?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
chrismooremusic
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 10:42:48 AM »

Yes and no -- Laptop Sessions is a free blog for cover song videos.  Right now, it's just me and few of my friends, but we'd like to have Fridays be "guest" day where someone from the web contributes a video.  We'll only choose one per week, so it's a competition in that sense.

I hope you're interested -- we'd love to have you post on our site!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx