gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:36:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wouldn't It Be Nice - A Cappella  (Read 3241 times)
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2008, 05:18:44 AM »

I got bored during Thanksgiving and so I decided to finally cover a song that I normally never thought I could pull off, which is "Wouldn't It Be Nice."  Just mostly spent that night goofing off, picking out the harmonies in my head and just recording what I heard and going from that.  Nothing particularly special.  But because time was of the essence, I was only able to get the vocals done, but eventually I will record the music. However, I do like this version as well, as it shows the complexities of Brian's songwriting. 

Everything you hear is me, including voices and production. It's not perfect, but it was fun recording.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/pbl6q8

Enjoy!

Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 06:55:43 AM »

I like it. Some of your nonsense syllables are wrong, but otherwise I'd say it's pretty accurate. I like your Mike Love voice.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
Chris Brown
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2008, 12:35:35 AM »

Really nice job Matthew...you replicated the arrangement pretty well.  I dig your falsetto too, wish mine was that good!
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 01:42:49 PM »

I like it. Some of your nonsense syllables are wrong, but otherwise I'd say it's pretty accurate. I like your Mike Love voice.

Thanks, Aegir.  But would you mind clarifying the "nonsense syllables" part of the comment?   Smiley
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »

Really nice job Matthew...you replicated the arrangement pretty well.  I dig your falsetto too, wish mine was that good!

Thanks, although my falsetto was sure tested in that song, particularly the backing part on the bridge.  Geez, how does one even write like that?  Great song.  Thanks, Chris! 
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 08:53:20 PM »

What did you use to record/mix this?

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Too Much Sugar
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 04:29:34 PM »

What did you use to record/mix this?

Logic Studio with a Rode NT100 mic. 
Christoph
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2009, 05:56:44 PM »

Nice, sounds pretty close to the original, although there are still some voices missing. The reverb on your voice sounds very good! You seem to have a quite versatile voice, maybe you record something with an instrumental backing? Anyway, keep it up, you are talented!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx