gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680751 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 07:51:16 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: brian wilson smile in boston  (Read 18406 times)
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2006, 01:29:22 PM »

van dike parks, hes pretty weird

This is an example of the insightful discussions you and Brokeback have all the day and night?
Forgive me for being a mite underwhelemd.
Try counting all the great music Brian facilitated sometime.

Nobody gives a sh*t about the Record Room
Jason
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2006, 01:29:36 PM »

Mike Love challenged Pet Sounds a lot too, but Brian managed to finish that one. Smile's demise was due to Brian's use of drugs.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2006, 01:31:18 PM »

It was due to him realising it was not meant to be, period.

matt 1234
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2006, 02:05:19 PM »

well not according to his words, he said it was because mike love challenged it.
the guy was in a weak mental state of course, some of it was due to drugs, but i think the drugs may have been to cope more. i think you two really miss smile all together from i can gather from your statements, and i really feel bad for you, i dont get how someone can listen to those tapes and not be completly blown away,  forgive me for my frustration and quickness to anger for not understanding. 

and van dike was weird. i dont know what u have seen of him, but that cat was out there, so i dont worship him. he writes good lyrics
Jason
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2006, 02:07:06 PM »

I love Smile, man.
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2006, 02:10:01 PM »

well not according to his words, he said it was because mike love challenged it.
the guy was in a weak mental state of course, some of it was due to drugs, but i think the drugs may have been to cope more. i think you two really miss smile all together from i can gather from your statements, and i really feel bad for you, i dont get how someone can listen to those tapes and not be completly blown away,  forgive me for my frustration and quickness to anger for not understanding. 

and van dike was weird. i dont know what u have seen of him, but that cat was out there, so i dont worship him. he writes good lyrics

According to Brian's words, he hated SMiLE himself, Surf's Up was "p*ssy!" (Lost Hotel Tape), it was stoned crazy music (American Band) and he burned the tapes.
Still consider him an unimpeachable source?

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2006, 10:12:04 PM »

What is this "lost hotel tape"?

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
I. Spaceman
Smiley Smile Associate

Revolution Never Again

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2006, 10:47:31 PM »

*sigh*
This happens every time I bring that up.

OLD GREGG
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2006, 09:44:30 AM »

Prince to Blame for the non-appearance of famed 'SM!LE' album
-----------

It was reported yesterday in a press conference with Brian Wilson that the real reason that he canned the SMiLE sessions all those years ago, was mainly to do with the pervading sexual appearance of Prince Nelson and the Revolution at Danny Hutton's house during massive acid freak outs. Brian said of the incidents,

"I used to eat a lot of acid and chocolate and drink some tea and then fall asleep, and then Prince would come into my dreams and say to me, 'Do You Wanna Play With Fire boy?', so I got superstitious about the music we were making at the time, we'd tapped into something supernatural, so I canned it and burned the tapes." 

Music scholars have doubted Wilson's memory of the incidents, claiming mainly that it was impossible mainly because of Prince's non existance at the time, Wilson however remains staunch in his claims,

"The thing that really put me off Smile, was hearing Let's Go Crazy on the radio, I was in the car with Rick James and I just started crying, and he asked me, 'What's wrong, bitch!?', I just replied, "They did it already, they did what I wanted to do with SMiLE." Then we went to a party my lyricist Charlie Murphy, Rick was wearing this ring with 'Unity' on it, to promote a song he just brought out....."

These recent claims could have serious repurcussions for Prince's new found fame as some have claimed that the album Musicology is in part a direct rip off of some elements of the SMiLE sessions, one frequent poster at the Male Ego message board has said of the song Life 'O' The Party:

"That's an exact lift from  what Brian was doing, you know, with the Smile drugy party sessions, in fact I'm pretty sure that the words, Life, of, the and party showed up in a similar thematic form."

When asked about the claims a few months before his death, Brian's long time friend Rick James said of the incident,

"I'm one of the best singers on the planet, one of the best lookin' motherfuckas you ever seen.. hold my drink bitch."

What light this comment has on the SMiLE era is yet to be seen...

I'm OLD GREGG!!
matt 1234
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2006, 10:26:46 AM »

hahahahahhaa
Chris D.
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2006, 08:30:26 PM »

We also went with other people including ::gasps:: girls!! I bet you guys haven't seen one of those in a while because your too busy on this board every waking hour.

Only since my friend ran to tell me some people online actually like Smiley Smile.
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2006, 09:06:12 PM »

Of course we've seen girls.. hello, Myspace?

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
theeponymuseudonym
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2006, 12:27:50 AM »

hey doc ESQ, my x wife went w/ mw to see PS in houston,tx. back in 2002.

when i yelled out "SURFS UP!!BRIAN"...after his presentation of Pet Sounds,of course---

he looked unscripted for a spell and said "yeah thanks buddy!" but reeeeal sarcastically.

this is one reason wy my X divorced me.  I'm too confrontational and fearless.

i wanted him to sing Radio King Dom as the piedpiper and he wouldn't....boohoohooo.

Ima call my next group Phil Spectors' Mind Gangsters.

Our first single will be called:
  "Brian Wilson, Please grow your beard back, eat a hamburger & go get stoned Again(for Dennis)"

Talk About Nostalgia!!! a real million cellar

gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx