gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:12:30 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Van Dyke Parks area on Smiley Smile  (Read 7450 times)
carl r
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 12, 2008, 01:05:52 PM »

Hi there
My suggestion is that there is a separate area for van dyke parks, including general topics, reviews, media links etc.

I know it would perhaps be an exception to the rule. However I reckon he's worth it.

cheers!
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 03:11:46 AM »

Seconded. He deserves it.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 07:14:41 AM »

Disagree. He's great, but it's not like we're prevented from talking about his work in the general music section (and BBs-related in that section) with as many threads as anyone feels necessary. And it isn't as if there are 10 simultaneous threads there bursting with action that necessitate a new set forum. I think we'd find it to be something with a quick burst of posts followed by a lot of quickly stale, ignored threads. And there you have it, Luther pouring out his sunshine on you all once again!

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
carl r
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 10:55:02 AM »

Right, I hear what you're saying, but I think in this case you're wrong. Smiley  Personally, I'd find it useful to have a review section with his albums listed next to a  "various collaborations" thread, as I could try to work out what was worth getting out of all that he's been involved with. After all, I'd have to specially order most of it. I'm quite new to most of his material. And secondly it would help to spread the word when he pops up to do a live set, as he doesn't seem to have too much in the way of PR men, managers and bully-boys. Like some other areas here it might go quiet for a while, but most people who hear Song Cycle have got an opinion of one sort or another.
The Heartical Don
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:05:49 AM »

Disagree. He's great, but it's not like we're prevented from talking about his work in the general music section (and BBs-related in that section) with as many threads as anyone feels necessary. And it isn't as if there are 10 simultaneous threads there bursting with action that necessitate a new set forum. I think we'd find it to be something with a quick burst of posts followed by a lot of quickly stale, ignored threads. And there you have it, Luther pouring out his sunshine on you all once again!

...and Luther spraying his beer into himself only once again.

80% Of Success Is Showing Up
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 01:25:27 AM »

It would make absolutely no sense to double the board size to have endless sections about Van Dyke Parks. Like Luther's saying, it's not as if the General Music Discussion section is overflowing with VDP threads.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx