gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:24:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson Vinyl  (Read 6202 times)
DAMAGED
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:22:06 AM »

I've started collecting BW vinyl this year & have the following so far:

7"
BRIAN WILSON - Love & Mercy (Sire)
BRIAN WILSON - Good Vibrations (Nonesuch)
BRIAN WILSON - Wonderful 7" (Yellow/Blue/Green)
BRIAN WILSON - Midnights Another Day (Orange)

10"
BRIAN WILSON - Our Prayer 10"

12"
BRIAN WILSON - Brian Wilson (Sire)
BRIAN WILSON - Presents Smile (Warner)
BRIAN WILSON - That Lucky Old Son (Capitol) 180g

I know "Getting In Over My Head" & "What I Really Want For Chrsitmas" have been released on vinyl but does anybody know about "Imagination" or "I Just  Wasn't Made For These Times"?? Or any other 7"s?

Any info appreciated - love to see what collections others have too!

smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 04:01:40 AM »

Yep, got those as well.

What else?...

7''
- Midnight's Another Day (limited blue vinyl, promo only)
- Your Imagination (promo only, I think)
- Night Time
- not 100% sure, but I think this one exists as well: Melt Away (promo)
- Let's Go To Heaven In My Car
- Caroline, No

and I have a South African pressing of a Walkin The Line / Let It Shine promo somewhere (but that's kinda exceptional)

Albums: I think you've mentioned them all. Imagination, Pet Sounds Live, Live At The Roxy and I Just Wasn't Made For These Times weren't released on vinyl as far as I know.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
MBE
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 10:33:33 AM »

Melt Away and Imagination came out in stores. Melt Away had Being With the One You Love on the B side.and Imagination had the accapella version on the flip. What's the flip side of MAD?

Brian Loves You was really the only (mainly) solo Brian vinyl boot. It has Love You Demos on it. Rare Gems 2 LP set was a Beach Boys boot that had a few songs from his 1985 Emergency Room benefit solo show. There is a also a vinyl promo for Brian Wilson called Words and Music that has some interviews on it. Kind of like "Dr. Landy Is God" more or less. You also may want to pick up the She's Outta Control soundtrack, and the Folkways tribute to Woodie Guthrie LP's. They both have solo songs you cannot find elsewhere.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 10:41:36 AM »

Melt Away and Imagination came out in stores. Melt Away had Being With the One You Love on the B side.and Imagination had the accapella version on the flip. What's the flip side of MAD?

Brian Loves You was really the only (mainly) solo Brian vinyl boot. It has Love You Demos on it. Rare Gems 2 LP set was a Beach Boys boot that had a few songs from his 1985 Emergency Room benefit solo show. There is a also a vinyl promo for Brian Wilson called Words and Music that has some interviews on it. Kind of like "Dr. Landy Is God" more or less. You also may want to pick up the She's Outta Control soundtrack, and the Folkways tribute to Woodie Guthrie LP's. They both have solo songs you cannot find elsewhere.

b-side MAD: That Lucky Old Sun + Morning Beat

O yeah, found that Folkways tribute lp as well, never expected that one to be on vinyl. Definitely worth getting that one.

And I forgot the 1-sided flexisingle Barbie (Living Doll). Credited to the Beach Boys, but the only BB present is BW. Was added to the California Dream Barbie doll (1987). Yes, I admit: I have that one in my collection as well ....  Grin

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 12:49:44 PM »

The Soundtrack of "She's Out Of Control" featuring Brian's "Daddy's Little Girl"  is out on vinyl as well (MCA 6281, year: 1989)

Watson, did you hear this?
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:00:20 PM »

Here's some more:
What I really want for X-mas/We wish you a merry X-mas/Brian's X-mas message (white vinyl/UK)
Love and mercy/He Couldn't.../Interview w. David Leaf (UK Box Set with 2 color picpostcards)
Words and Music LP for 1988 solo album

Watson, did you hear this?
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 05:24:42 PM »

And I forgot the 1-sided flexisingle Barbie (Living Doll). Credited to the Beach Boys, but the only BB present is BW. Was added to the California Dream Barbie doll (1987). Yes, I admit: I have that one in my collection as well ....  Grin

Haha!! I have to ask - as I know there are a few people around here that have that Barbie - what was the reaction of people around you when you were buying that Barbie doll? Must have looked pretty strange!!
DAMAGED
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 10:00:51 PM »

Thanks for all the info people. I've seen a few of those 7" on ebay such as "Imagination" & "Love & Mercy" with the bonus postcards.

Really appreciate the help - Cheerz
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2008, 01:45:48 AM »

Haha!! I have to ask - as I know there are a few people around here that have that Barbie - what was the reaction of people around you when you were buying that Barbie doll? Must have looked pretty strange!!

well.... my wife doesn't understand...  Razz
but then again: she doesn't understand either why I buy the same music again and again on different sources, different foreign pressings, etc.

MBE
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2008, 01:53:37 AM »

Folkways was on vinyl because most items until 1990 were over here.
b-side MAD: That Lucky Old Sun + Morning Beat

O yeah, found that Folkways tribute lp as well, never expected that one to be on vinyl. Definitely worth getting that one.

MBE
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2008, 01:56:58 AM »

Oops my last comment came in funny. I mentioned that Folkways was on vinyl because most items until 1990 all were over here.

I got the Barbie record later by itself as by the time I was collecting the stuff heavy it was about a year after it came out. My girlfriend teases me about how many I have but she enjoys music enough to where I think she really likes my records. Barbie actually plays really well for a flexi.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2008, 02:05:33 AM by MBE » Logged
DAMAGED
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2008, 12:55:57 AM »

Just to clarify, "What I Really Want For Chrsitmas" only came out on the white 7"??

Or was the ablum of the same name also released as a 12"?

MBE
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2008, 01:05:59 AM »

There was the LP and the 45. Black vinyl on the album.
DAMAGED
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2008, 01:14:23 AM »

There was the LP and the 45. Black vinyl on the album.

Thanks MBE! I've been searching for the 12" on the net and I havn't seen a copy anywhere. That's why I wasn't sure if it existed.

Cheerz
MBE
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 01:31:43 AM »

Try gemm.com
shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:23 AM »

And there's the Walking Down The Path Of Life/Love & Mercy 7"... I believe it's a medley of both songs on one side and no music on the other side.
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2008, 08:18:52 AM »

And there's the Walking Down The Path Of Life/Love & Mercy 7"... I believe it's a medley of both songs on one side and no music on the other side.

are you sure? I've only seen this one on cd-single.

DAMAGED
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2008, 01:22:44 PM »

Hmmm, I couldn't find this anywhere except for the CD version. Does anyone else know if it?
Damn, I wish Brians offical site would list all his releases in more detail & include singles.
MBE
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2008, 08:33:27 PM »

Never saw that one either and would buy it in a second.
DAMAGED
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2008, 09:10:11 PM »

Try gemm.com

Thanks tracked down a copy!
MBE
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »

Great it's a nice pressing/
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:48 AM »

There's always the Caroline, No 45

shelter
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2008, 12:41:32 PM »

are you sure? I've only seen this one on cd-single.

Hmm, I thought it was a 7"... But I might be wrong, maybe it's only a CD-single...
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx