gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680815 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 07:23:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian to discuss 'Pleasure Island' this Saturday.  (Read 18672 times)
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #100 on: November 24, 2008, 09:25:38 AM »

Carl was anti-war - though that doesn't necessarily mean he was a Democrat, I suppose.

Bruce is overtly Republican.
TonyW
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »

Holy merda that's funny...never EVER thought I'd see Ayn Rand mentioned here!

Ha Ha! I'm currently reading The Fountainhead for the 4th or 5th time.

Is Mike Love really Peter Keating??
MBE
« Reply #102 on: November 24, 2008, 09:01:20 PM »

Another thing, voting for John McCain doesn't automatically make some a villain liberal vs. conservative is not good vs. evil. It's liberal vs. conservative. You can be an educated, well-meaning person and still think McCain would be a better president than Obama. It happens. Someone's political views should not have anything to do with how inherently "good" or "cool" they are.

I wasn't going to disown Brian for liking McCain or anything. Seems like politics would be the last thing on Brian's mind. I wouldn't be surprised if Brian just went into the voting booth and randomly picked a candidate, or even wrote in Phil Spector. I think Brian would have a much stronger opinion on the steak vs. hamburger race. Seems like the only BBs who were overtly political were Mike (pro-environment Republican) and occasionally Dennis (anti-war.....booze not bombs!! LOL).

I think I mentioned this in the old thread but Dennis dated Regan's daughter Patti. In her book she writes about the time that she wanted to get an abortian. It was not Dennis' baby but he found out and called her up in tears telling her it would be a horrible mistake. I thought that was interesting as you really can't tell what people feel about issues by their public image.
Magic Transistor Radio
Smiley Smile Associate

Bill Cooper Mystery Babylon

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 01, 2008, 06:39:21 PM »

One good thing about Brian voting for John McCaine is that it means that he may not be as controled my Melinda as some seem to think. Isn't Melinda a Democrat?

"Over the years, I've been accused of not supporting our new music from this era (67-73) and just wanting to play our hits. That's complete b.s......I was also, as the front man, the one promoting these songs onstage and have the scars to show for it."
Mike Love autobiography (pg 242-243)
MBE
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2008, 09:26:13 PM »

I will give you that one. If they did go different ways on the election it shows Brian does make some decisions.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx