gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680741 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 02:19:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love/Howard Stern  (Read 10092 times)
roll plymouth rock
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:40:22 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgIuBfqld7M

interesting stuff...

Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 03:22:49 AM »

Wow, I never heard this. Unbeliveable...... Shocked Shocked

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Aegir
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 09:52:01 PM »

Howard and Robyn are treating Mike like they treat their really weird/autistic guests... they're patronizing him. They make anyone sound dumb.

Every time you spell Smile as SMiLE, an angel's wings are forcibly torn off its body.
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2008, 05:06:28 AM »

Why bother having Mike in the studio if all you're gonna do is play his acceptance speech and shout unfunny stuff over the top of it...?

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
Rocker
Smiley Smile Associate

"Too dumb for New York City, too ugly for L.A."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2008, 07:45:32 AM »

Howard and Robyn are treating Mike like they treat their really weird/autistic guests... they're patronizing him. They make anyone sound dumb.

They seemed pretty nice to Brian in '98 imho. 

a diseased bunch of mo'fos if there ever was one… their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons.

- Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

PRO SHOT BEACH BOYS CONCERTS - LIST

To sum it up, they blew it, they blew it consistently, they continue to blow it, it is tragic and this pathological problem caused The Beach Boys' greatest music to be so underrated by the general public.

- Jack Rieley
Jason
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2008, 09:57:38 AM »

In 1998 when Brian was on there....oh man.

"What was it like when your father used to molest you?"
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 11:02:03 AM »

Ugh, I'll never forget Howard asking Brian if he ever had sex with any of the Ronettes,

And this is nothing weird, Howard treats all his guests like that, Mike was cool with it.

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
mikeyj
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2008, 02:40:35 PM »

Ugh, I'll never forget Howard asking Brian if he ever had sex with any of the Ronettes,

Yeah and wasn't his answer "not yet"?
Shady
Smiley Smile Associate

I had to fix a lot of things this morning

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2008, 04:45:02 AM »

Yeah that was his answer, pretty funny when you think about it lol

According to someone who would know.

Seriously, there was a Beach Boys Love You condom?!  Amazing.
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2008, 06:45:05 PM »

Yeah that was his answer, pretty funny when you think about it lol

That pretty much textbook Brian right there, on par with his "you're a pretty girl" comment to Zooey Deschanel.

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
sofonanm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 04:17:59 PM »

Does anyone have those Mike Love and Brian Wilson interviews on Howard Stern saved? The Mike Love one on YouTube has been removed. I'd love to hear the one with Brian... totally the wrong person to go on Howard Stern if there ever was one... although Howard has been notably respectful with Paul McCartney...

Re-up them, whoever you are, if you got 'em.
Jonas
Smiley Smile Associate

I've got the Beach Boys, my friends got the Stones

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 05:38:21 PM »

I don't remember the 'molest' question that Jason brings up. I do remember Howard looking up to Brian when he was there, ofcourse Brian was spaced out. I would think since Howard read the books and kinda knew a bit about the Beach Boys story that he wouldnt like Mike all that much...

We would like to record under an atmosphere of calmness. - Brian Wilson
--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1IgXT3xFdU
MBE
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2009, 09:56:12 PM »

He and Mike got along well because Mike got the humor and seemed amused. They are both into TM so that was something they connected on. Fun interviews. I remember a 1988 Brian one where he asked Brian if he ever had sex with Joni Mitchal and Brian screamed he thought it was so funny.
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2012, 06:00:50 PM »

Bump!

Has this interview surfaced anywhere? I'd love to hear this one again, being that the last time I heard it, I was probably too young to understand half of it.
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »

He and Mike got along well because Mike got the humor and seemed amused. They are both into TM so that was something they connected on. Fun interviews. I remember a 1988 Brian one where he asked Brian if he ever had sex with Joni Mitchal and Brian screamed he thought it was so funny.

I'd love to hear the Brian ones. Hope someone on this board has them!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2012, 07:45:12 PM »

A google search should get you those pretty quick. Howard 101's replayed that '88 interview a few times over the past year.  

It's the Mike one that's non-existent on the net as far as I know. I have it on cassette (along with all of those circulating early-mid 70's Brian interviews), but it's buried in a closet somewhere and I don't own a cassette deck anymore. Which is probably one of the reasons that those interviews aren't readily accessible on the net at the moment.

Can anyone with the interview on cassette do a digital transfer?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 07:47:06 PM by seltaeb1012002 » Logged
TheLazenby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2012, 09:37:39 PM »

I've heard the 1998 Brian interview, and Brian seemed totally game.  The only musicians that Howard really ever pissed off were the Bee Gees - who were just notoriously bad at laughing at themselves.

Hell, Howard even defended Brian when some idiot guy called to ask why Howard's guest talked like "Crackhead Bob".
EgoHanger1966
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2012, 01:18:52 PM »

A google search should get you those pretty quick. Howard 101's replayed that '88 interview a few times over the past year.  

It's the Mike one that's non-existent on the net as far as I know. I have it on cassette (along with all of those circulating early-mid 70's Brian interviews), but it's buried in a closet somewhere and I don't own a cassette deck anymore. Which is probably one of the reasons that those interviews aren't readily accessible on the net at the moment.

Can anyone with the interview on cassette do a digital transfer?

Never thought to google that. Found them instantly. Thanks!

Hal Blaine:"You're gonna get a tomata all over yer puss!"
Brian: "Don't say puss."
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx