gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680818 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 25, 2024, 12:30:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BB Archives  (Read 4253 times)
Bedroom Tapes
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: November 09, 2008, 03:42:08 PM »

Where are these "Beach Boys archives" located that I hear so much about?  Stuff that is left in the vaults...what vaults and where I'm wondering??  Please no joke answers, this is a serious question.
Jason
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 04:11:36 PM »

Holy vault-raider, Batman!

Why does it matter anyway? Be careful whatcha ask to know about. You never know who is reading. Smiley
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 05:10:10 PM »

it's a place i dream of everynight; i sneek in, even if it's just to listen to the Battle Hymn of Republic

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 07:56:55 PM »

Where are these "Beach Boys archives" located that I hear so much about?  Stuff that is left in the vaults...what vaults and where I'm wondering??  Please no joke answers, this is a serious question.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the vault is in some secret location in or near Los Angeles.

But there is a website run by a guy named Craig (I think he goes by "c-man" around these parts) called the Beach Boys Archives, which consists of in-depth writings and notes on some of the BB's albums.
http://beachboysarchives.com/

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 11:53:37 AM »

I'm going to take a wild guess and say the vault is in some secret location in or near Los Angeles.

Sort of a Beach Boys Area 51? Shocked

What about that tablet in Hawthorne? I'll be damned if I have ever even seen a field? Wink
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 02:34:53 PM »

You know, vaults in and of themselves are pretty nondescript places.  Storage warehouses.  Go out to your garage and you'll get a feel for the vault that the Beach Boys stuff is in.  And you can't listen to anything on the premises either, 1/4", 1/2", 1", and 2" tape machines being much in demand elsewhere.   police
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 02:37:27 PM by aeijtzsche » Logged
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2008, 02:56:13 PM »

it's a place i dream of everynight; i sneek in, even if it's just to listen to the Battle Hymn of Republic

Do you dive in head first a la Scrooge McDuck?
punkinhead
Smiley Smile Associate

what it means to be human

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2008, 03:01:45 PM »

haha, awesome, i used to day dream in school of doing that with orange tic-tacs.... Cheesy

To view my video documentation of my Beach Boys collection go to www.youtube.com/justinplank

"Someone needs to tell Adrian Baker that imitation isn't innovation." -The Real Beach Boy

~post of the century~
"Well, you reached out to me too, David, and I'd be more than happy to fill Bgas's shoes. You don't need him anyway - some of us have the same items in our collections as he does and we're also much better writers. Spoiled brat....."
-Mikie

"in this online beach boy community, I've found that you're either correct or corrected. Which in my mind is all in good fun to show ones knowledge of their favorite band."- punkinhead
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 07:46:14 AM »

I just want to open a few Smile era tape boxes and breathe in the oxide tape smell.  The ultimate high!
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 09:50:12 AM »

I just want to open a few Smile era tape boxes and breathe in the oxide tape smell.  The ultimate high!
I want to eat a SMiLE tape!  LOL LOL

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »

The vault is in a tall circular building at Hollywood and Vine in Los Angeles.  Go to the elevator and follow the signs to studio "A".  When you are sure no one is looking, get the key, which is attached to a magnet behind a small portrait of Frank Sinatra, just to the left of the main entrance.  Entering the room, you'll notice a 50's motif mural on the wall to your left.  Behing the mural is a walk in safe.  There is a combination lock just above the large door handle.  Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to search the internet for those elusive individuals who have visited these dark recesses in the past, and extract the secret combination.  Good luck.  This message will self distruct in five seconds.
dogear
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2008, 12:18:29 PM »

it obviously hasn't (yet)

Watson, did you hear this?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2008, 01:14:55 PM »

There is, in the Capitol tape room, a box numbered 2580. With a master tape inside it.*

Not anything to do with the BB or BW, of course.  Grin

[* - or there was in March 1985]

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 04:20:37 PM »

Missing tapes?  Al Jardine has them.

"So we went there and got to meet him in his studio. He had Brian Wilson’s piano, and knick-knacks that were really interesting to me, like a Beach Boys flight case with the Brother Records logo on it from 1973, and old reels of tape with the Brother studio logo on it.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/index.php?blog=6&p=1015&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Joshilyn Hoisington
Honored Guest

Aeijtzsche

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 07:37:30 PM »

The vault is in a tall circular building at Hollywood and Vine in Los Angeles.  Go to the elevator and follow the signs to studio "A".  When you are sure no one is looking, get the key, which is attached to a magnet behind a small portrait of Frank Sinatra, just to the left of the main entrance.  Entering the room, you'll notice a 50's motif mural on the wall to your left.  Behing the mural is a walk in safe.  There is a combination lock just above the large door handle.  Your mission, if you choose to accept, is to search the internet for those elusive individuals who have visited these dark recesses in the past, and extract the secret combination.  Good luck.  This message will self distruct in five seconds.

I really like the idea of a secret vault located behind a Frank Sinatra portait.
melissalynn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 07:40:01 PM »

I like to think that I'll see "the Vault" when I walk into the light at my deathbed...  Grin
SG7
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 08:04:19 PM »

The vault is like my dorm room. Hard to walk thorough  LOL LOL
Dove Nested Towers
Smiley Smile Associate

Goodnight, Mrs. Calabash, wherever you are!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2008, 01:52:39 AM »

Missing tapes?  Al Jardine has them.

"So we went there and got to meet him in his studio. He had Brian Wilson’s piano, and knick-knacks that were really interesting to me, like a Beach Boys flight case with the Brother Records logo on it from 1973, and old reels of tape with the Brother studio logo on it.

http://www.uncut.co.uk/blog/index.php?blog=6&p=1015&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Hey Al! Don't F with the formula! put those priceless artifacts back ASAP! Maybe someday the meek
and eternally patient will be allowed to hear them, as it is written in the BBBible! Cheesy

"The police aren't there to create disorder,
they're there to preserve disorder!" -Mayor
Daly, Chicago 1968
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx